Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  10:22:57 AM  Show Profile
My first digital camera finally gave it up and my Blackberry phone camera although nice isn't doing everything I'd like. I had a Kodak EasyShare and hated the thing. Anybody have suggestions on brands etc? Options to look for? Options that are a waste of money? I can't spend a ton on this, but could spend a couple hundred if needed, df would like to keep it around $100-$150. Primarily I need it for basic picture taking but also for my blog and FB pages. I may start an etsy shop so I might need pictures for that also.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:14:17 PM  Show Profile
My husband gave me a digital Cannon Rebel for Christmas.

But before this, I only used a Kodak Easy Share. All the photos in my shop are taken with the Easy Share. And most of the pictures on my blog are to. I still keep it with me all the time,it's easy to keep in my bag.

I LOVE my new camera and also still love my Easy Share.

Was the Easy Share a step down from the camera you used before?

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4242 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4242 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  03:59:37 AM  Show Profile
We have had great luck with Canon camera's Only had two, the first canon sure shot, I think it was, and now a digital. The EOS rebel. While it is bigger, it works great.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  10:07:33 AM  Show Profile
I too have a Cannon Rebel EOS. It is as Michele says...bigger, but it is for people like me who don't know all the fine dealings of photography...just want to take a great picture. It is, however, also sophisticated enough for my husband who takes most of his pictures manually with all his various settings. They are marvelous pictures. It is versatile. Love it!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  10:30:33 AM  Show Profile
For a less spendy camera we had a Canon Powershot. But our "good camera" is a NikonD300 of which I have an unhealthy love for. :) My friend who is a professional photographer said both Canons and Nikons are great cameras and its more a personal preference thing about size, shape, etcs. She has used both. She said its kind of the same thing as Chevy vs. Ford. :) She always told me make sure you play around with cameras before you buy them and make sure they feel right in your hands. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  11:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, if you aren't wanting to spend much money, getting a Minolta Dimage Z1 off of ebay for about $40 isn't a bad thing at all! I have had one since they first came out about 8 or 9 years ago and it has been a dream. I am actually watching one on ebay and will probably bid for it because I'd like to have another one. Back when they first came out, they were over $400 but now, you can get them cheap on ebay. Minolta doesn't make them anymore, I think. If you take good care of it, are careful with it and use rechargeable batteries, it will last for a really long time. Mine still takes awesome pictures, but it is starting to wear out, I can tell. I have used it unmercifully!! It also takes videos. You can see some of the photos that I take with it if you go to my blog. All of the photos on the blog are taken with that little camera. My kids all have one too.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cameras Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page