walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:06:29 AM  Show Profile
So, I've always been "intimidated" by a pressure cooker. ALWAYS. I've been scared to use them because they were loud and dangerous, and mainly because my mom never showed me how to use them!

Well, recently my mom came to visit to help me get the house ready and to help out so I could sleep when I had my baby last month. She ordered this pressure cooker for me:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.K22739.cm_scid.PROM?&cookie=set

Well, not only is it a pressure cooker, but it browns, keeps things warm, slow cooks...it's awesome! Since it's electric, it times the "steam release" which is really nice-no explosion of steam! So, like, today, I was making a crockpot lemon chicken recipe for dinner. First off I made rice with the pressure cooker function, then took out the rice and cleaned the cooker. Then I browned the chicken in the cooker, then added the ingredients and started it with the crockpot function! SO convenient! I've used it so much, my poor Rival crockpot is feeling left out in the cold!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:07:37 AM  Show Profile
That's so funny, Megan, my mom just bought the exact same one (she's addicted to QVC) and the cookbook that went along with it! They're really great, aren't they? You'll have dinner done in no time, now with that lil baby around!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:13:19 AM  Show Profile
HA! I just love that thing! I have NEVER cooked rice well. AT ALL. It was always not done enough, or too sticky, or too mushy, but that pressure cooker is MAGIC. I love it!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:17:14 AM  Show Profile
I'm really glad to know how much you like it. Since Mom got one, I've tossed around the idea of buying one, so I might just head to QVC's webpage today :)

I only use a rice cooker for rice--our good friends are Fillipino and they gave us one for Christmas, then taught me how to cook rice like "little old Asian ladies"! The secret is in the washing! If you're ever without your pressure cooker, use one, you'll love it!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:36:27 AM  Show Profile
well now you have me thinking. maybe i need one. i know you keep all the nutients in it when pressure cooking. looks like a good one. happy days sherrye oh how long do beans take to cook? thanks

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  09:48:46 AM  Show Profile
Costco carries a Cuissanart brand electronic/digital pressure cooker that is almost identical to this one. My fiance got it for my birthday last year. I absolutely adore the electronic ones - push the buttons and walk away. Congrats on your new appliance - it sure does come in handy and you can't beat them for beans or brisket.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Awesome kitchen appliance... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page