Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Small Quilt from Upholstery Samples
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Small Quilt from Upholstery Samples Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  10:47:47 AM  Show Profile
My friend works in a furniture store and sometimes gives me these samples. Its always such nice material. Over the time I have made a couple of small quilts and lots of pillows.
Rain here today, been getting a lot done around here, hope to go to the thrift tomorrow after I drop my daugher off at work.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  12:29:20 PM  Show Profile
I've made a full size quilt from uphosltry samples. It lacks a back though...haven't been sure what kind of fabric to get for it.

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  5:24:50 PM  Show Profile
With the fabric on the heavy side I have some quilt friends that have used one of those warm fuzzy blankets. This provides the added warmth and they feel nice next to your skin. The same if you use old jeans to make a quilt. The only drawback is that you need a large washer or take it to the cleaners when they need a good cleaning.

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Small Quilt from Upholstery Samples Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page