Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I feel so discouraged Next Topic  

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  06:18:10 AM  Show Profile
the search for a house/duplex to rent is not going well. we have applied to rent two houses only to hear nothing, everything else I find is either too expensive, no pets, no teenagers....I am so discouraged. I think we are going to end up moving to another apartment complex just so we can have our dog with us. I guess I am not meant to live in a home again. I miss my house so much somedays, I want to turn the clock back and fix it so I didn't lose it

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  06:41:45 AM  Show Profile
Dear Patricia, it is going to be ok. House hunting is very stressful...try to give yourself more time to find something and maybe search further away from your current area. We are renting a home now that has land, and accepts pets and it is almost a full hour away from DH job. The main reason for taking it was it accepted pets, was somewhat private, and the cost was cheaper..not much, but it does make a difference. We do not regret one bit the sacrifices we made to live further out. I hope and pray you will feel more encouraged and something will pop up for you and the family. Don't give up just yet. Big Farmgirl Hugs, Erica
Go to Top of Page

nh.farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Barbara
New Hampshire
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  06:42:31 AM  Show Profile
((((Hugs))) I can really feel how much you are hurting over this. Nothing is forever, just take care of right now and try to keep your chin up.

"If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint."
- Edward Hopper
www.newhampshirefarmgirl.blogspot.com
Farmgirl Sister

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  08:58:19 AM  Show Profile
So sorry, Patricia. I remember feeling this way when I got divorced. I had a large dog, and 2 cats. Sometimes I'd be told, "no cats, but dogs are ok" or "no dogs but cats are ok" or "no pets" or credit checks, or whatever. When I was at my wits end, I called a little place in Elsmere, Kentucky. The owner said, "yeah, pets are alright, I suppose" and the price was right and you know what? I still live there, 15 years later. I ended up buying the house a year after I first rented. When I was just about to give up and go home to live with my mom, I found it.

And you will, just keep searching. And, home is where you make it. There are some wonderful apartment complexes out there, some in more rural areas that might also fit the bill.

Best of luck--you will find a place, just persevere!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  10:09:15 AM  Show Profile
oh what good help is here. i would post on CL under real estate. we are in such a housing mess. i bet if you checked on places sitting you may be able to work it out even with a bank. i mean if its a repo. houses and properties are still nose diving. well suzie orman says. so maybe a rent to own. its a tough spot. my heart aches for you. sending hugs sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  11:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Patricia- My heart goes out to you! Let me know if I can help at all! I am pretty good at rental searches! (lots of practice!)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  05:19:20 AM  Show Profile
thanks for the encouragement, I knew you would make me feel better. I listed a housing wanted ad on CL, had an email from a guy who has been trying to sell his house, he may be interested in renting it. I answered, hope he gives me a call
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  07:24:26 AM  Show Profile
hope things work out for you, i know i would have a hard time in an apartment. keep your chin up something good will happen ((((hugs)))

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I feel so discouraged Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page