Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Merit Badges - Questions...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Merit Badges - Questions... Next Topic  

nh.farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Barbara
New Hampshire
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  07:03:25 AM  Show Profile
So you choose a badge to work toward (I'll use Aprons as an example), work on your beginner half apron, and once finished you THEN apply for the badge

Can you work through beginner, then intermediate, and then expert phases of the badge on your own and THEN apply for the expert badge, showing all the work you did from beginner through to expert level? Or must you apply after the you have completed beginner level?

Just a bit confused about the steps.

PS: It's a sad day here - my cat Annabelle is dying. :(((

Thanks!
Barbara

"If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint."
- Edward Hopper

www.newhampshirefarmgirl.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sister #2694

Edited by - nh.farmgirl on Feb 16 2011 10:26:44 PM

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  08:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, I am interested in what you find out, as I have wondered also, just starting to work toward badges.

What was my primary reason of writing is that I am so sorry that Annabelle is dying. That is so terrible and I know how much animals fill a spot that nothing else will. I hope that at this time, you have some good time consoling each other as I know they are quite aware of what is happening to them and your response. I'm sure you have been as equally a gift to her as she has to you. I will remember you and Annabelle in some prayers today.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

dprovence
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Debbie
Little Rock AR
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  09:09:04 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, Thanks for asking this question. I also needed clarification about badges.

So sorry to hear about your Dear Annabelle. I work for a vet in my community and it breaks my heart when we have to put someones baby to rest. Makes me cry even tho they are not mine. I will say a prayer for you and your sweet Annabelle.

Huggs and Smyles,
Debbie
Farmgirl Sister #2636
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Video/Merit Badge Farm Boy

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  10:10:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Barbara,

As long as all the requirements are completed you can apply for them one at a time or all at once.

-Kevin

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Merit Badges - Questions... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page