Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Laughing at myself! Next Topic  

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  2:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
For all those who don't know yet I am a junker, a collector of anything that strikes my fancy. I have a favorite little junk store, here in my small town. I stop in a month or so, when ever the urge strikes me. I always find something that interests me, and the owner always shoots me a pretty good deal.

I decided, today to stop in and see what was around. As always I came out loaded down, but this time I had to laugh at myself. My big score today was a whole cashe of Jello molds. You see we are not Jello people, pudding yes, jello no. I just couldn't help myself. I just kept thinking about MaryJane and her ChillOvers. Not that we have ever had one, but like I said, I just couldn't help myself. So it seems I have started another collection. I ended up with 4 different styles of single servers, 24 little molds in all. One set called by "Jel-Rac" by La Bra, even has a little rack to hold them.

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  2:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Well silly, I totally understand, I come home with things all the time for no good reason, you will just have to learn to love jello.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  3:04:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh Elizabeth- welcome to the club!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  3:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Maybe if you try MaryJane's chillover powder you and your family will love jello. I understand it's a much different thing than the stuff you can get at the grocery store. I've been meaning to place an order and get some as we DO love jello but I just don't think all that food coloring and artificial flavoring can be good for us. Not to mention the other stuff that goes into it.

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  5:53:46 PM  Show Profile
elizabeth .. those molds look real cute just sitting around .. and you can do all kinds of fun crafty things with them. (candle molds .. bake cupcakes in them!!! .. put pot pourii in them to make your rooms smell PURDY! .. oh so many things!) i must have a hunnered of them myself! so we do understand! xo

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  6:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
Dear little Baby Girl, talked me into trying them out with green apple Jello the other night. However, I am sure that they will end up used for many other things. I was thinking myself that they would make cute cupcakes, or even molds for ice cubes in a bunch bowl. But for now that are senting on the counter and just looking pretty.

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Laughing at myself! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page