texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  05:09:33 AM  Show Profile
How silly is, this? We have had such a hard winter here, 80 more inches of snow than we are supposed to have in year, and yesterday we saw a few squirrels busy about on the ice in the woods! We got so excited because it was our first signs of life outside in months! Pretty bad when you are excited about a squirrel, LOL!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE

http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  09:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! We have seem them, too, Nicole! They sure can breathe life into a dreary day, can't they? It's so funny - there's one we "have" out back that has real personality. It's like he's out there waiting and tauting our dog to race out after him for a chase. She's too smart of an old girl for him, though... it's icy and snowy and she's no dummy: she isn't going to risk breaking a limb just to go get him. I stood watching behind her the other morning as he started to dart from the fence to our flat garage roof along his usual path from our garage roof to our neighbor's next door. She just sat there smugly in observance as he suddenly lost his footing on our garage roof, sliding almost all the way from one end to the other - I thought for sure he was a goner from his speed and the way he was twisting and contorting to stop himself. I swear to you, I heard our dog chuckle...

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 12 2011 09:27:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  12:57:14 PM  Show Profile
Funny, Nini! Dog's revenge...We saw one lose its balance and slide down the mountain of snow out back. Aren't they funny? Things should start thawing out soon, I hope!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE

http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Squirrels! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page