Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 chronic fatigue syndrome
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic chronic fatigue syndrome Next Topic  

annart
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Emily
columbus in.
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  5:46:18 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know anything about this condition? I think I have a friend who has had it or something like it for years.I bet it's caused by a food additive or a chemical.I used to think it was a made up name for a puzzling illness .But Mayo clinic told me it was a real illness but they didn't know what caused it.I tried to reserch it at the Library once and they said it shows up in areas in clusters sometime.But they had no answers either.

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  7:09:41 PM  Show Profile
My daughter, Missy, suffers from this condition. She is on the forum and will probably respond.

"But as for me & my house we will serve the LORD!" Joshua 24:15

Lotion bars, linen water & more in my online shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  8:44:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Emily: I have RA and Fibromyalgia with chronic fatigue, and it's not pretty. I can remember back to the age of four and having these symptoms. I've always felt like I have the flu off and on....and the pain is almost unbearable sometimes. The doctor has to be careful what medicine he puts me on because of my size. I'm 5 ft. 1 inch and weigh roughly 110 pounds and some medicines make me sicker than I already am. I take herbal suppliments. Nothing really helps. I wake up every morning feeling worse than when I went to bed because sleep just eludes me sometimes...most of the time. Different odors and smells can make me nauseous in a matter of seconds. I get migraines. If I sit too long nothing wants to move. Sometimes my feet won't bend. But, I just thank God that He allows me to get up every morning and do what I need to do. They think that I'm so used to the pain and the tiredness that I've just accepted it and don't realize that I'm pushing myself day after day. Maya Angelou said on Oprah one day, "even though I'm in pain, I don't have to be a pain" and that's basically how I live my life. How nice of you to care about your friend so much that you want to educate yourself about her condition. I wish her the best. Susan
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic chronic fatigue syndrome Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page