Carianne
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Carianne
Bushnell FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  6:53:06 PM  Show Profile
My dear Mother in Law, Faye, is battling cancer. It started in 2003 in her breast and then she was clean for a while but it's returned in her bones pretty strong and the doctors have told her that she might not have long. My own mother died in 1990 from cancer, it pains me to think I'm losing another Mom to the same thing.

My Mother in Law is a wonderful god loving woman who has raised 8 kids (7 boys and 1 daughter;daughter is currently serving a mission in Peru). She is the only grandma to my boys. She is a Farm Girl through and through. She's spent years working in fields and milking cows and growing and canning a superb garden.

I know people are truly busy in these times, and all about computers and technology, but I am asking from the bottom of my heart to please give her a card shower. She is feeling down and needs much encouragement. Just a post card even from a lovely place would cheer her up. She is sweet and girly and loves and appreciates any little thing, as she's spent the better part of her life with a bunch of busy (stinky as she says with a giggle) boys. She is only 61 years old. I believe that God's not done with her here on earth yet as I need her and so do my boys. She has taught me about being kind, selfless and feminine, things that haven't come easy to me.

So if you find it in your heart to take a few mintues to do this...I'd be so very thankful to you dear one.

Faye Legg
1356 Morehouse Road
Emmett, Idaho 83617

Edited by - Carianne on Feb 03 2011 7:30:27 PM

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  6:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Carianee Can you please send me her address, I would love to send her a card. My mom is a 34 year breast cancer survivor and my aunt 20 years.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Carianne
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Carianne
Bushnell FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  7:28:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry if that didn't come out as I meant it to, that's her address at the bottom of my post. My mother in law is Faye Legg

Faye Legg
1356 Morehouse Road
Emmett, Idaho 83617

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to cheer up an unknown sister.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  02:35:54 AM  Show Profile
Carianne,

I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with your MIL and you at this time. It is wonderful that you can celebrate this important woman in your life while she is still with you. Seeing your post would make her proud to have been an influence in your life because you certainly have learned those beautiful lessons you say she shared with you. I hope you have many more days to enjoy with this wonderful woman.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  05:12:51 AM  Show Profile
Carianne, My heart aches for you and your MIL, prayers and thoughts for you both, also DH and your children. I will be getting a card off to her today! Praying recovery for MIL with this trying time she and her family is going through right now. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  06:53:56 AM  Show Profile
Carianne, emailing you! Would love to send a card to her.

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  10:53:02 AM  Show Profile
Sending a card her way.
So sweet of you to do this for your MIL. We need more people like you in the world.
~hugs~

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  12:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sending a card off to her and praying for all of you. How Blessed you are to have her in your life and she to have you. Hugs.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  1:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Will send a card out to her. What a blessing she has been in your life and I'm sure the lives of her family.
Praying for all of you.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

TJinMT
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

TJ
Billings MT
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  1:41:02 PM  Show Profile
My young kids and I will color cards and pictures and send them out right away! Thanks for letting us have the opportunity to bless someone else in a small way!! Praying for you guys...

~TJ of Green Willow Place

www.MyWesternHome.wordpress.com

"We make a living by what we get, but we build a life by what we give." ~Thomas S. Monson
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  2:33:56 PM  Show Profile
Gonna get one out right now to her! Praying for all of you.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  6:08:26 PM  Show Profile
saw it was on the post. i will send one now sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Carianne
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Carianne
Bushnell FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  6:40:10 PM  Show Profile
WOW is all I can say..aside from thank you to everyone who is sending her a card and has replied to my post. She is a blessing to me and all who know her. And it seems like all of you are helping to pass the blessing back to her. Thank you, all of you kind dear souls!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  6:23:54 PM  Show Profile
Carianee
prayers for all of you and your family will send her a card today..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Carianne
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Carianne
Bushnell FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  10:10:12 AM  Show Profile
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  10:23:54 AM  Show Profile
Carianne, My prayers are with you. I put a card in the mail a couple of days ago! Hope it brings a smile.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Carianne
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Carianne
Bushnell FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  12:37:33 PM  Show Profile
What a blessing you all are! I never tried to do a card shower for anyone before, really hadn't even heard of it until MJF. But I put it out there and lo and behold there are people who really care...you!
Go to Top of Page

cntrygrl
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

Tommie
Kansas
USA
139 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  1:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Mailed one off yesterday. Praying for strength for you and your family.

Tommie

Farmgirl Sister #2590

~Live~Laugh~Love~
~Dust is a country accent~
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  1:29:01 PM  Show Profile
Will get a Valentine out to her.

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  5:03:37 PM  Show Profile
Carianne, my card will go out in the mail in the morning. God love her and bless her. I will be praying for her. You are such a loving daughter-in-law. I'm sure you are as great a blessing to her as she is to you. Warm hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Carianne
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Carianne
Bushnell FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:14:35 PM  Show Profile
I miss my mother in law because we live across the country from each other. When I'm around her I follow her around like a little apprentice, watching her cook and can and learning everything my mind will soak up. I thank God that her gentle way has rubbed off on me, and her love for babies we share. So I pray that she is uplifted by all that care to send encouragment and that it gives her the strength to go on and fight and feel like there is a purpose for the fighting. It's a tough road, she's really sick and I know her body is giving out on her. But she's the spunkiest 5'O" little blonde I know. My boys call her on the phone and tell her to come as soon as possible. She's got to have another visit with them. They'll crawl up in bed with her and listen to her tell old Indian stories, tell silly jokes and laugh til they cry. My boys are Gramma's boys, not just Mama's boys!

Thank you for all you send. I can't wait to hear her reaction, I know she'll tell me about it.
Go to Top of Page

Carianne
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Carianne
Bushnell FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  10:47:13 AM  Show Profile
It has been a while now since my request and I would like to say thank you to everyone who sent my mother in law a letter. She couldn't believe what has happening, at first she said she had no idea who sent her these cards, but then she started realizing that some referenced MJF and she started to get it. She was touched, very touched, that dear women who she didn't even know would do such a sweet and kind thing. And she said that the cards started coming right at a time when she was feeling very ill and terrible from her 2nd round of chemo. She goes for her 4th and final round on the 21st of March and as her doctors have told her, that's it. There is nothing left they can do. It is very upsetting for me to hear that they think this is "IT". To me, that is a cruel thing to tell a human being, that there is no hope. Maybe the doctors can't give her any more treatment, but she still needs to have hope. And getting letters has helped her. She needed some sweetness and kindness in her life. I know she feels so alone because to fight cancer is to travel a scary road of isolation as everyone else lives their lives around her. Her sons are busy, even vacationing in Hawaii! She said she is going to come stay with me and the boys when she gets out of the sick phase after round 4. She desperately wants to see the beach again, and her grandsons- my boys love her to pieces. She is the sweetest grandma. They often say they feel sorry for other kids because they don't have a grandma Faye! My heart aches for her. But your kind actions help bring some joy into a difficult situation. God bless everyone of you.
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  11:08:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carianne,

I'm going to send your MIL a hug in the mail today. She sounds wonderful and very loved! Know that you and your whole family are being prayed for during this hard time! God Bless!
~April

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  06:26:38 AM  Show Profile
Carianne,
I just saw this and am sending a card today! I have two friends that are breast cancer survivors. Prayers out to your mom and family during these trying times.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  09:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sending her a card asap!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  2:14:42 PM  Show Profile
just saw this and will be sending a card out in tomorrow's mail. My thoughts and prayers are with your MIL and our family. God Bless.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Card Shower dearly needed.... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page