idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  8:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Well I finally made enough items to have my own etsy. It is http:www.idcityrose.etsy.com and my ebay user name is idcityrose.
I have girls clothes, childrens waterproof aprons, tapestry tote bags, American girl size doll clothes and some vintage clothing as well. On Ebay I have typewriter keys, leather bag, and other things I want to sell at auction, not fixed price.
I am sorry my pictures are not great but I can't afford to upgrade my camera right now so I am trying. I also can't take photos outside because we have 3+ feet of snow on the ground.
Please take a look and feel free to share and I will be adding new items weekly.

Some people look for happiness, others create it!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!

Bensgrandma
True Blue Farmgirl

227 Posts

Alexis
White Oak PA
USA
227 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  05:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations. Your items are really nice. I take my pictures near the window on sunny days. That helps some when I can't get outside. I take horrible pictures. Yours are not that bad, just a bit dark. I also use Picasa (free editing software). You can lighten them up some.

Good luck on your venture. I know you will do well!

Alexis

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsandStitches
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  10:07:06 AM  Show Profile
HI Rose,
Congrats! on your shops. I wish you much success. If you'd like to get more sales take a look at my Sunshine Farmgirl Co-op website. You can link your site on there for just $5.00 a month and your first month is free.

Since, I started the website I have had one sale a week!!! Before, the website I had one sale a month!
Visit www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com use the contact tab and I'll send you more info.
Hugs,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  12:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rose- I would love to help you take some better pictures. I am not sure how many items you have made yet or how much it would cost in round trip mailing (aka whether it is worth it or not). But if it would be cheap enough to pay for round trip shipping, you could mail them to me and I could take the pictures and mail them back.

One thing I found you have to be really careful of is getting something bright but with difused light.

Your items look great! They are so pretty! I will have to look into buying my niece a new dress for her American Girl! :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Etsy/Ebay shops Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page