Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 Vintage Quilt Top for Sale TAKEN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic Vintage Quilt Top for Sale TAKEN Next Topic  

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  07:49:43 AM  Show Profile
I found this extremely beautiful quilt top this summer at a town wide yard sale. I couldn't bear to leave it to be picked up by someone who didn't love it, so I brought it home. But, I just had my second child in November, and my dreams of finishing this top on cold winter nights after the kids went to bed have gone out the window. I could hang onto it for a few years, but I'm sure it will find a good home here with my Farmgirl sisters.

The hand stiching is lovely.

I think there are enough pieces here to finish the top, but since this is a scrappy quilt, you can always add your own if necessary.

It seems that this quilt has passed through a few hands, and from the looks of it, I'm guessing the last person who started to assemble it got stuck on the layout, because it looks a little lopsided. And you would need to add your own muslin hexagons to finish it.
Also included in the package are these flowers that I am assuming were intended for coordinating pillows.

Please email me if you are interested. Thanks!

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Edited by - CurlysQuilts on Jan 28 2011 6:42:24 PM

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  08:28:22 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sarah, Please check your e-mail.. I would like to purchase this top. Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  12:37:48 PM  Show Profile
Daizy, I emailed you. Thanks!

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  07:53:59 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhh, Sara. Thank you so very much for selling me the quilt top you had. When it arrived I got all teary eyed. Its just beautiful and the stitches are just so exact. I know that who ever started it put in alot of love. The fabrics will go well with the ones my mother was using when she passed away....but now I am torn on whether I should combine them....this one may need to be made up by itself in order to stand alone. Its so wonderful!!! When I decide I will let you know but for now it is opened up and over the back of a seldom used chair. I love to look at it, for now. What a wonderful addition to my collection...(I gravitate to the quilts at all swaps, thirfts, estate sales, etc. My collection, probably 13 now, even has thread-bear, well-loved worn quilts with the batting hanging out). Again, thank you for offering it.

Love and Prayers,

You SISTER
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic Vintage Quilt Top for Sale TAKEN Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page