Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Violet and the Powder Caper!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Violet and the Powder Caper! Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  11:08:14 AM  Show Profile
I think Alee's, Nora did something similar to this...Justin called me at lunch yesterday, laughing, and thankfully documented her caper with some pictures. He was doing dishes and thought, "it's much too quiet..." and his instincts were correct! Thought I'd share :)

Did your little ones get into much? What was their biggest mess? This and the dog water are Violet's capers, thus far. Can't keep her out of the dog water!

I'm just going to do it the old fashioned way....this new button thingee just doesn't work for me, anymore.

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Jan 25 2011 11:15:39 AM

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  11:13:01 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Jan 25 2011 11:15:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  11:16:31 AM  Show Profile
When my daughter was about 20 months old she while supposed to be napping, climbed to the top of her dresser and got the tube of Desitin and painted her entire body with it. Yes, her entire body and thickly too, used an entire new tube. Not the easiest of things to clean off either, I think she had a rather odd white tinge for a couple of days.
kathy
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  11:18:41 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, Violet's into that, too! I'll come in sometimes and she's got "white stripes" on her face from the Desitin, like Pochohontas or something! That's too funny about your little one--I bet she smelled a little funny, too--that "distinctive" Desitin smell! Must be the "age of discovery"--Violet will be 2 at the end of February.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  12:07:23 PM  Show Profile
My son was awake in his crib but being much too quiet. We went in and checked and his diaper had fallen off, and he had pooped....you can imagine the rest. Let's just say that I cleaned him in the tub while my husband cleaned his crib (and the wall and the floor...)

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  12:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh no, Sarah!!!! I've heard that at some point, they like to take their dipes off...Ugh! I can only imagine YOUR surprise when you saw that!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  12:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni- That is so funny! Nora sure did get into the powder. Luckily I make/made out own so at least it wasn't too pricy but it was hilarious. I will try to find the picture...

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  1:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  1:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Alee, I remember this! She was well proud of herself, wasn't she??? They are just too much, I'm really glad you found the picture. She sure has grown!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  1:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes she was! It's pretty funny looking back but I wasn't so pleased back then! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2882 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2882 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  2:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Jonni
She's going for her geisha girl look.. & love the owl jammies
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  2:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh no! What a mess. But a cute mess. She is adorable. I guess your hubby was busy after that. I always knew something was up with my 2 when it got quiet. Always. And I was always right. Mine got into flour alot. But my grands now. When we lived in the house before this one I had some bright yellow paint left over from a dresser. The 2 older grands were probably about 5 and 3. They were in the garage and had gotten into that paint can and painted just about everything they could. Plus them. It really was a mess but they were so proud of their work. I will never forget that. But I have lots of flour and powder pictures of my kids.

Another time when my kids were very little, probably 3 and 1, I was making soup mix. With okra in it. I had a bowl of it in the sink and turned around from cutting more veggies and noticed both girls on chairs at the sink with the dish detergent bottle. Well, I don't know if anyone knows how slimey okra is but I really didn't know if they had poured any into the mix or not. It was bubbly. And I was not about to throw all that hard work out. So we canned it anyway. It was good so they probably didn't put too much in.

And I remember the Desitin too. What is it with kids and Desitin? Sarah, did you get pictures of yours? Oooh.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  3:20:57 PM  Show Profile
Jonni My daughter is 29 now so it has been a few years but we still tease her about the Desitin incident. You are darn lucky Violet has only done stripes. I wish I had taken a picture but all I could think about was getting her cleaned up before the stuff got on the carpet and the walls. While my kids were awake they had shoes on that had bells on them so I knew if they were out of my sight and no bell noise they were probably into something. Ahh the good old days. LOL
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  10:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
My daughter is 33 now but she was napping in her crib,or so I thought, and she crawled out and got the powder also. She flung it all over the walls ,curtains, rug and herself. She came walking down the hall and she looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy! Her hair was completely white as well as her eyelashs and face. She had on blue, now white, jammies. I never knew how much powder was in a container until then. The kicker was that I had just done a spring housecleaning,windows and new curtains and all! The powder was in the frehly cleaned grooves of the paneling. What a mess! I left it like that until my husband came home so he could see the masterpiece. Another time it was my makeup!
Talk about looking like a clown!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  09:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Made me laugh out loud. Hooray to Justin for the pics! Owl jammies! Love those!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  09:25:58 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad, Janice--I was going to send you these in an email! You deserve a laugh!!! According to my friend, Christie, they make those pj's in adult sizes, too, at Target!

Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  09:56:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh.... the memories! So many to recount. All you can do is take the pictures and laugh (Sometimes then sometimes later).

But our most famous incident was Jonathon (now 23) who loved to sneak out of bed and lay on the heater vent in the living room. He got a jar of peanut butter out of the cupboard, layed on the vent and as far as his arms could reach and in a semi-circle painted peanut butter all over the carpet, couch, the piano, cushions, pillows, and of course, himself. Dh got up to go to work and came back and woke me up to let me know *I* had a mess! I got up and went in and looked. Then I just went back to bed until I could gather enough strength to go handle it.

He was also the one who got into my RED craft paint. It looked like Helter-Skelter in his room. The white dresser still has areas of the evidence to this day. He also cut all the windows out of the tent we had set up to dry in the yard. Overdosed on two bottles of vitamins. Ran into a pick up on his bike. Made his own "fireworks" and burned himself rather spectacularly... mind you this was 2 July 4ths ago.

The life of a mom with 4 of the 5 who had varying degrees of ADHD. =)

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  8:15:54 PM  Show Profile
Awww, Jonni, she is adorable! And her pajamas are so cute! I remember looking at her 1st birthday pictures when I first joined the porch, and she was cute as a button then, and still is! :)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  9:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Aren't those two powdered sugar-babies just about the cutest ever? I well remember my days with the capers of our own "Captain Destructo." When he was little, our son just loved chaos... I'd straighten out the room, pick up the toys, clean up the messes...then within minutes he would wreak havoc in our happy little home! He just wasn't ever happy with order or neatness... I can remember he'd just go over to the shelves, rip down every toy, book and video - blam blam blam - into a flung heap on the floor and walk away quite satisfied with himself. One of my favorite memories is of the time we had been visiting friends, and he had seen Fonzie on "Happy Days" doing his hair, and decided that "Goop" (remember that gel-like stuff, similar to silly putty, but stickier and gooey-er?) would work quite nicely in his own. That, my friends, led to his first crew cut. I cried for days. My sweet little boy now looked like - gulp - Uncle Fester... It's okay though. I would take a million messes - he's worth every single one! :) Hug 'em and love 'em, girls. Just hug 'em and love 'em. It goes waaay too fast! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  05:37:04 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CurlysQuilts

My son was awake in his crib but being much too quiet. We went in and checked and his diaper had fallen off, and he had pooped....you can imagine the rest. Let's just say that I cleaned him in the tub while my husband cleaned his crib (and the wall and the floor...)

Curly's Quilts

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

This same thing happened with my first baby! I thought I was a TERRIBLE mother!!! And I could never tell anyone about it!
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  07:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, no we did not get pictures. At the time we were so horrified we were just trying to get the mess cleaned up. I laugh now, cause it really was hilarious. We just had no idea that he could get his diaper off at that point. But we never made that mistake again! I have another one now (2 months) and I'm just waiting for her capers to begin. :)

Curly's Quilts

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  08:43:08 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful pictures!

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan