Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Year Round Secret Santa 1st Qtr REMINDER PAGE 1!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Year Round Secret Santa 1st Qtr REMINDER PAGE 1!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  3:17:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Just a gentle reminder that our 1st Quarter Secret Santa swap runs through the end of this month - April! I've received a number of emails from ladies who haven't heard from their partners since February, so I just want to be sure everyone's okay. If anyone finds they are unable to keep up with this swap through the end of April, please just email me so I know I need to cover your partner, okay? No hard feelings - I just need to know! :)

FYI - Star will be posting the 2nd Quarter Secret Santa Swap info very soon - so be sure to watch for her post!

If you are going to continue, you will have to re-sign with Star when she posts sign-ups.

If you are planning to keep your Secret Santa sister, please let her know at that time, and be sure to keep your Secret Santa identity a secret!!!

If you are unable to swap for the next quarter, or if you would like to switch partners, please feel free to "reveal" yourself to your partner by Easter weekend - April 24th!!!

Thanks so much to all of you who have participated - I hope you have enjoyed this swap as much as I have! Hope you'll be joining us again for the 2nd Quarter! :)

Hugs to all!

Nini

-----------------------------------
FIRST ROUND / FIRST QUARTER SECRET SANTA SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

SECRET SANTA ASSIGMENTS WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH!

THANK YOU!!! :)

Okay girls -

Welcome! I am really excited about hosting this first leg of the Year-Round Farmgirl Secret Santa!!!

As per your many requests, this year’s Secret Santa will be done a little differently. When you sign up, it will be for a three-month period. At the end of the three month period, you will have the opportunity to re-sign for the next three month period, as well as request to be assigned to a different partner. Please remember: the partner you are assigned to as Secret Santa will not be the same sister that sends to you!

Second, we were thinking this year round Secret Santa might be fun with an added twist: each month we will have a new “theme” to help inspire you as to what to send your Secret Sister. The themes for these first three months are:

February: “Love is in the air!”

March: “Lucky you!”

April: “April showers help grow beautiful flowers!”

During each month as Secret Santa, you will send your partner any special little gifts you think she might like - something that pertains to the monthly theme, something that you just know she would love, a personal note, etc. In the past, I tried to send my Secret Sister a little something each week… sometimes tea, another time a mini homemade wreath made from rosemary from my garden, and another time some special stationery I thought she would enjoy. My Secret Sister (a different farmgirl) did it a little differently, though, and it was also a wonderful treat - she absolutely spoiled me! She made me the most beautiful handmade gifts, sending them once a month along with a sweet little note or card. NOTHING compared to the beautiful gifts she sent - I treasure them! It’s kind of up to you what you want to do it - just keep in mind that the whole point is to be Santa - to bring a little joy and sunshine into your Secret Sister’s life during that month. If you want to send a little something each week, that’s great! If you’d rather send one big something once a month, that’s fine, too! Just please remember that your Secret Sister is really looking forward to hearing from you… And please also remember to post on the site to let your Secret Santa know you have received her thoughtful gift! :) We all would really enjoy seeing pictures, too!!!

When signing up, please provide me with the information below, which I in turn will forward on to your Secret Santa once she has been assigned to you. This will provide her with pertinent contact information, as well as give her a little inspiration in choosing how she wants to surprise you! :)

Sign ups will begin here today, and since we’re a little late in the game for January, we’ll close sign-ups for this first round on Wednesday, February 2nd, and I will email you all your partner information by Friday, February 4th! Then on or around the start date of February 9th, secretly "introduce" your SECRET Self to your Secret Sister with a small package and a card or note. You will be this farm girl’s Secret Santa through April 30th. You may reveal your Secret Santa identity to your partner at any time after April 15th - unless, of course, you choose to keep your same sister for the next round - at that point, you'll still want to keep your identity secret!

When mailing your gift to your Secret Sister, please use YOUR SECRET SISTER’S address as the return address, making sure you mark the package as “Secret Santa Farmgirl Mail.” This will not only keep your Secret Santa anonymity, which is half the fun, but also ensure that any packages you send arrive to your secret sister if for any reason it must be “returned” by the Post office.

Here is an example of what the return address on the package will look like:

Jane Doe
Secret Santa Farmgirl Mail
123 Street
City, State, Zip

To:
Jane Doe
123 Street
City, State, Zip

I know in the past there have been issues with people not receiving their packages from their Secret Santa. If you’re really concerned about making sure your package gets there, you can always at the very least purchase a delivery confirmation and/or tracking number to help locate lost packages. It is not necessary that you do so, but it’s just something you might want to do if you are really concerned about there being any problems in shipping.

When sign-ups for the second quarter begin (mid-April), you may let us know whether you prefer to keep your current partner - if she re-signs for that quarter - or switch to someone new!

Finally - and this is really, really important - we are hosting this swap on a quarterly basis because in the past people have had unexpected things come up that inhibited their ability to continue with their roles as Secret Santa. We completely understand - life is fragile and full of surprises! If, heaven forbid, this happens to you, please email me as soon as possible so that I can be sure that your Secret Sister is still “covered” with a partner. We don’t want anyone to be left out or disappointed, okay? No worries, nothing to feel bad about - it happens. But it’s really important that you contact me to let me know so I can take care of it right away!!! And if anyone is willing to be on “stand by” as an emergency Secret Santa fill-in, please let me know and I’ll keep you on the list! :)

To sign up, please email me with the following info:

1. Your full real name.
2. Your MJF screen name.
3. Your full mailing address
4. Your e-mail address
5. Favorites: your favorite passion, color, flowers, music, holiday, past-time, craft, sport, type of books, beverages, things to do with friends, personal style, décor…all that kind of stuff
6. Things your partner needs to know and avoid: I.e., if you have allergies or really a distaste for something, please make sure to let your Secret Santa know!
7. Anything special message you want to send to your Secret Santa in advance! :)

Okay. I think I’ve covered everything here. If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please be sure to ask!

This is going to be so much fun! I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Hugs -

Nini

P.S. Star - I'm SO hoping you'll still be able to co-host with me! Please email when you can! Thank you!!!

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Apr 06 2011 7:22:52 PM

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  5:10:19 PM  Show Profile
dnelson252: Debra - just received your information! Glad you'll be joining us! You're going to love it! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  5:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for organizing this!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  6:05:04 PM  Show Profile
Great! Got you down, Pam! I'm really so happy to do it! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

pumpkinvine
True Blue Farmgirl

179 Posts

Amy

USA
179 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  6:58:52 PM  Show Profile
Just sent in my info! Thanks Nini for hosting this!

Amy from Lompoc
Farmgirl Sister #119
http://www.pumpkincupcake.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  8:31:06 PM  Show Profile
I got it, Amy! Thank you! 'Glad you'll be joining us! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  8:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Also have CountryLisa72 and Cheryl Keyes down! So glad to have you both join us! YAY! We're doing great already! I can't wait to get started, I'm so excited! Such fun! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  05:04:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Nini! Sign me up too and I'll be hosting May, June and July

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  08:12:17 AM  Show Profile
YAY!!! That's GREAT news, Star!!! :) Please remember to answer the questions and send them to me when you have a chance - I'll need to forward them to your Secret Sister! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  11:42:19 AM  Show Profile
I will try this so sign me up. I will send you the information you asked for.

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  1:22:04 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for letting me know this was starting! Can't wait to recieve my Secret Santa!! Then I can't wait to get something put in the mail for her!! YAY!!

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  6:27:24 PM  Show Profile
I've sent my email to you! This will be wonderful.

Rejena

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

cindylou2
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Cindy
Spotsylvania VA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  4:05:47 PM  Show Profile
I would love to join this swap as well. Love the idea of having a theme every month! I will email you my info ASAP!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  4:14:20 PM  Show Profile
Sent you an email :) Thank so much for organizing this! Excited to start :)
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  5:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Yay! We're shaping up to a nice little group, here, girls! This is SO great! We're going to have so much fun with this!!!

Here's the list so far:

Lisa - "countrylisa72"
Pam - "kittykill"
Debra - "dnelson252"
Amy - "pumpkinvine"
Star - "star-schipp" ... Star - please remember to email me with your infomation! :)
Cheryl - "Cheryl Keyes"
Joyce - "joyfulmelodies"
Brenda - "LakeOntarioFarmgirl" (YAY Brenda!!!)
Linda - "LindaJo"
Mandy - "mywunderfullife"
Rejena - "Rejena"
Megan - "mcorwin"
Cindy - "cindylou2"

Please be sure to let me know if I've missed anyone!

'Hope to add many, many more!!! :)

- Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  11:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Bump! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  6:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
Oh please sign me up

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  8:47:39 PM  Show Profile
Great! Got you on the list, BettyJo - just received your email! WELCOME!!! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  1:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Bump! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  1:41:19 PM  Show Profile
Debi - received your email and have you on the list! YAY! Welcome!!!

Star - when you have a second, will you please email me - I have an idea I need to run by you!!! And I need your information, too!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

mellee
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

melissa
hampton va
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  11:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Send mellee a Yahoo! Message
Just sent off my information; cannot wait to start!

Melissa
farmgirl #2143

there is beauty in all things.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  12:16:55 PM  Show Profile
I got your email just now, Melissa! I'm with you - I can hardly wait!!! :) So glad you've joined us! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  7:39:38 PM  Show Profile
Kathy & Shannon - I've received your emails, too! Happy to have you aboard!!! I'm so excited to get started! Soon! Soon!!! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  9:13:55 PM  Show Profile
Bump!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  1:44:50 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up...will get my information sent off.

Carole

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  3:47:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Carole! So glad you're joining in the fun! :) I received your email - you're on the list! :)

Soon, girls! Soon!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Year Round Secret Santa 1st Qtr REMINDER PAGE 1!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page