Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Need ideas for daughters graduation party...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need ideas for daughters graduation party... Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  12:07:41 PM  Show Profile
My daughter will graduate this spring and we have started planning for the "BIG" party to celebrate. My mother-in-law is a caterer so that's already decided and we were thinking maybe typical summer-time fare with a kick?

I need some ideas on this....

We will have a huge outside area to work with and my house is a good size as well in case it rains-Tentative party date will be June 25th.

Talk to me ladies- I love all the good ideas my talented farmgirl friends have!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.blogspot.com [/font=Impact]

Edited by - melody on Jan 17 2011 5:42:19 PM

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  1:31:51 PM  Show Profile
I suggest lots of finger foods.

My daughter wants an unkegger party for her 17th. It's a cool idea. You get a 'keg' of rootbeer with a tap and everything. Then you make 'jello shots' which are jello only in little plastic shot glasses. You can get real creative and make noda coladas, virgin daquaries, and so forth. Then you have lots of finger foods, mostly small fried things according to my daughter.

Then of course you have a huge cake with lots of ice cream! We are gonna be sure to have lots of vanilla ice cream to make root beer floats with of course.

Make your own sundaes are always a hit with teens and adults. That's what our soon to be 11y/o wannts for her birthday.

I haven't had to deal with grad parties yet, but I will have 3 eventually to plan, so I will be watchin this discussion closely.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  1:33:37 PM  Show Profile
We will be doing the same thing Melody - my son graduates June 3. The only downfall is that it is a Friday night so I think we will have to have a party on another day. We did the rehearsal dinner for my step-son last summer and did barbecue and everyone loved it. Vintage tablecloths, canning jars with flowers, homemade salads - my one splurge was buying galvanized tin washtubs to put natural sodas in - it looked great and the bride's family (very appearance oriented) even complimented us on it. Once I'm done using the tin washtubs for parties they will be planters.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile
At our daughter's wedding reception they had a computer set up with a blank wall area and a slide show of pictures of growing up years, friends, activities.
It ran on a loop for quite a while so people could drift over and watch when it worked out for them. At a friend's daughter's graduation party they had a couple of mid-teen cousins who did activities with the little kids, kept them happy, safe and productvely occupied, if you know what I mean. Having some outside activities available can be a lot of fun; badminton, bocce ball, horseshoes.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  08:57:09 AM  Show Profile
My son leaves for the Navy next Tuesday. We are having a going-away party this Friday night, potluck style. I thought I would provide a nice, albeit store-bought, cake. Maybe some 2-liter sodas. I don't know what people might bring. Any suggestions as to what else as the Mom I might should bring?

I just previewed my message and realized that I forgot the "n" in son and it looks like my significant other is leaving!!

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need ideas for daughters graduation party... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page