Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Help me with transfers (please)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help me with transfers (please) Next Topic  

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  7:27:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm getting ready to buy some Aunt Martha's transfers (found a seller on ebay with tons of them!) but I have a question. Can you only transfer with them once or can they be used multiple times (say, until the ink wears out?)

Thanks so much-
Kim in NC

Terre
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Indiana
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  8:08:14 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes you can transfer again, but I usually only use them once with the original ink. You can buy a transfer marking pencil at most quilt stores (Walmart or Joann Fabrics might even have them). Trace over the lines on your transfer patterns with the transfer pencil (you can get blue like the original pattern) and your pattern is just like new. If you try to reuse your pattern without retracing--- you might get some places that don't transfer and then you'll have to try again or try to draw in the missing parts. It was a problem for me when I made some pillowcases that didn't transfer well. Since I can't draw; I really wished I had taken the time to go over it with the transfer pencil before my project. Oh well --live and learn. You can also find Aunt Martha's patterns at Walmart. My sister once wrote to the company, and they sent her their entire catalog so she could order. Hope this helps.

Be true in heart.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help me with transfers (please) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page