Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Just a funny story I remembered
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just a funny story I remembered Next Topic  

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  10:59:24 PM  Show Profile
I was just describing the Empire Builder train (it runs from Chicago to Seattle), which I have taken twice, to someone, and it reminded me of a funny story from our last trip.

The last trip we got upgraded to a bedroom, which means it has an in-room port-potty and shower stall and you don't have to share with the rest of the car. The weird thing is, the two are combined: if you can imagine a port-a-potty with a drain in the floor and a shower head over the toilet seat, you'd just about have it.

A few hours into the trip, my husband has to use the bathroom. Suddenly, there's an "AAAAAHHHHH!" and my husband falls out of the bathroom on onto the floor of the car, soaking wet and with his pants around his ankles.

"What in heaven happened?" I asked. He explained that he - being a big guy - was pretty much squeezed against the walls of the bathroom, and when he was done he accidentally turned on the shower head by bumping his arm against the control when he stood up.

60 years from now, when I'm sitting in my wheelchair in a nursing home, I hope I still have that memory under the snowy top...the day my husband flopped soaking wet out of a glorified port-a-john with his drawers around his feet!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  12:12:43 AM  Show Profile
Now that's funny! Something to tell the youngsters.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  02:57:32 AM  Show Profile
oh my!!!!!!!!! i hope to ride a train someday!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  06:10:05 AM  Show Profile
funny story! husbands are very interesting creatures!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  09:11:52 AM  Show Profile
LOL! You've got me gasping for breath, I'm laughing so hard!!! What a great memory, Jessie! I can just picture it! LOL! LOL! LOL! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  10:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Years ago, I think it was for my Grandfather's 80th birthday, I took my children on the Empire Builder to Chicago. I remember going through Montana for about 24 hours and realized why it's called "Big Sky Country". We went early enough that there were still patches of snow in places. On the way home, we missed that train so had to take the Southwest Chief back to LA and then the Coastal Starlight (I think) back to Eugene, Oregon. It was neat because we went through several states I hadn't been to. Although passing through is hardly the same as visiting.

We got cheap tickets and the kids were half price. Then I rented a car to drive to Grampa's house from Chicago. The car rental for 4-5 days was more than the train tickets! But it was neat for the kids to see their Great-Grandfather. And my mom flew down from Alaska and met us there. So we got a four generation picture.

I just finished reading "The Christmas Train" by David Baldacci. He rides the Southwest Chief. It's pretty good.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

SherBear
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Sherri
Mukwonago Wi
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  10:07:14 AM  Show Profile
If we ever take that train I'm going to be prepared with the camera every time hubby goes into the bathroom... he's not a small guy either, so I can totally see that happening!

http://sherrileesgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  2:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jessie, that is such a Hoot!

by the way, that's kinda what our privey in our little motor home is like, a potty & shower combined....hmmm, maybe I need to keep my camera handy, it's just a matter of time befor my poor hubby has a similar mishap! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  2:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Jessie,

You have a priceless story there and probably worth some blackmail points with your husband!! True love is remembering those "pictures in our mind" with a smile on our face!

Thanks for sharing.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  2:22:58 PM  Show Profile
LOL!!! You girls are sooooo bad! I love it!!! LOL!!! Geez, I wished we all lived closer - we'd have a blast! :) - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just a funny story I remembered Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page