Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Easter/Spring Quilt Block Swap UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Easter/Spring Quilt Block Swap UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 4

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Toni,Susan and Susan you are all in. Yeah girls only 1 more and we are full.

Diana...your quilts are beautiful!!! I wish I was as quick as you in completing them. I'm still just touching,looking and showing them.LOL!

I'll wait until we get our last person and then we will as a group decide on signing them etc.,ok?

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  05:21:15 AM  Show Profile
I have never done a quilt swap before, but may I join in? I saw some lovely spring fabrics the other day!
Rebecca

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  3:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Rebecca...You are in. Officially this closes this swap as we are now 12.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  6:46:31 PM  Show Profile
do we sign or not??

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  09:27:25 AM  Show Profile
How about our farmgirl number on the front of the block and then the label can have our name? Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  11:09:39 AM  Show Profile
I don't have a farmgirl number....

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  7:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
What do you all want to do about writing your name on the blocks? Does everyone have a pen or do you have to buy one? I personally don't want mine signed on the front because the only way the old authentic ones were done was by embroidering and then later by black marker. It's up to each of you what you want. Just remember to pin your name on each block. Last swap 3 people didn't finish the swap so I hope all of us are going to complete these blocks. The end result of getting all the blocks is priceless.

Would it be ok if when you send your blocks to me everyone would send the PO prepaid envelope instead of money or stamps? The PO office gave me a hard time when I was mailing them in Dec. This would just make it easier and I can just drop them in the mail instead of weighing and stamping them. I think it is $4.95. Don't ask me why but every PO seems to have their own rules for mailling things!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  8:17:45 PM  Show Profile
I really don't care if they are signed or not but I can still just sign one for lindajo if she would like them signed...

beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  8:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I will sign one for LindaJo and anyone else that wants it signed. Just someone tell me what pen works the best so I can get it.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  8:52:09 PM  Show Profile
my pen is a uni-ball vision. It is waterproof and fade proof. I got it a few years ago so I don't remember where I got it. but I think it works better than the pigma pens they sell just for quilts.

beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  05:17:20 AM  Show Profile
I would not like mine signed on the front, but I too would be glad to sign for LindaJo if she would like me too do so. I am really looking forward to this swap. Busy deciding what pattern I want to use!
Nana

Go to Top of Page

Shirley Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shirley
Beulaville North Carolina
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  08:13:38 AM  Show Profile
I also do not want mine signed on the front. I'll put stickers on them so they know I made the blocks and they can put my name on them if they want to. can't wait to get my blocks started

Shirley

The distance between friends is never too far
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:12:14 PM  Show Profile
I would love to have mine signed on the front. With whatever you like-name, full or first, state,year, MJF name etc. I have always signed mine on the front. I use the perma pens so I can have a color that blends more. I haven't used the uni-ball, will look for one next time i go to the craft store. When I get the blocks, if the name isn't on it I put the person's name, city and state or as much of that information as I can get. I will do whatever is easiest for Darlene.

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Please sisters, this swap is all of ours so whatever you want is up to all of you. I just got this organized for us because I love the quilt swap. We are so lucky to have each other to do this with. How are we all doing with our blocks? Anyone doing easter blocks or are you doing just spring blocks? Everyone still in and commited to finishing? If for some reason you can't finish let me know if you have to drop out. Someone else contacted me and will fill in if needed. Life happens so just keep me posted.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  5:48:56 PM  Show Profile
I have mine all cut out and ready to sew. Mine are just spring colors....

beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

Nettie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Nettie
Bedford PA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  6:43:53 PM  Show Profile
I found the pattern I am going to do. If the practice one looks good it will be pieced and appliqued.

Nettie
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  05:23:44 AM  Show Profile
I have decided on my pattern and purchased my fabric. If I wash it today maybe I can start cutting tomorrow. I am using soft spring colors.
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  05:13:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm so ready to get started....my son has me sewing nylon quilted things that go under a camping hammock. Good news is two down and one to go. They are going camping this weekend in north GA. I hope that they help to keep them warm. You can buy these thing for $500 and up is what I'm told. Oh what we mothers will do. But who else owns millions of pins and loves sewing? I did let them sew some....they now understand thread throw-up. Broke two needles ( none lost in my machine) and bent another one. If nothing else they the boys ( mid-twenties) have learned that sewing takes time. They thought that they could get this done in two days. I just smiled and then helped them. But this weekend I will be starting on my blocks. Barbara Oh, a sticker on the block is fine with me. I just want to know who made the blocks.

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  09:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Just poking my head in ta see what everyone is doing.
Diana, you did a great job on the autumn and christmas block tops. (I see a few of my blocks) They were two great swaps. 12 blocks makes a nice nice lap quilt.
And Barbara, Would you happen to have a photo of those quilted hammock pads? That sounds like something I could use when camping.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  5:42:12 PM  Show Profile
Kathy when my son gets back from camping I will ask him about the site where he found the pattern. I will also know if the hammock pads worked - both in function and for warmth. He is to return Sunday. They are going on the AT in north GA. But I must say that I am ready to sew on 100% cotton:) Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  06:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Fabric bought and fabric washed and ironed. I started my test block yesterday to see if the size is right. Think I am ready to go!
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  07:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Got my material yesterday and am still deciding on which pattern. I will make one of each and decide which looks best for my wonderful quilt sisters. Snowed about 6" last night so feels like a good sewing day. Beef stew in the crock pot and I'm off to the sewing machine!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  12:48:44 PM  Show Profile
Having trouble finding a pattern I like. Working on trial #3, but I promise to have my blocks ready in time. Whew ...

Susan Harmon

Sister #1958
Let all that you do be done in love
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  1:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hang in there Susan, you have plenty of time. Doesn't have to be extavagant. Sometimes simple is just as beautiful. Haven't decided on mine yet either.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  05:29:50 AM  Show Profile
Darlene- Block sent off Monday. I hope they are in your hands this week. I included asmall something for you. Thank you for hosting this swap.
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Easter/Spring Quilt Block Swap UPDATE Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page