deemc54
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Dee
Lufkin TX
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  7:27:23 PM  Show Profile
So, I have had some time and recently been checking out some of the topics and posts. This one said How do you connect with your farmgirl neighbors. Well... I live on a FM road. It is a farm to market road and has a speed limit of 55 mph. That being said, I still live out in the country. I have neighbors, but we are separated by several acres of land. My neighbors and I get together and walk on one of the less traveled county roads. We either drive to the end of the pavement, ride our bikes, or our Honda scooters. We usually walk about 3-5 miles when we do walk. Also, the nearest convenience store is about 5 miles away. Therefore, if you run out of something or want to cook something you don't have, you call your neighbor to borrow it- like sour cream, or mayonaise, or a can of soup, etc. Tomorrow I am meeting with the neighbors for about the 4th year in a row to bring in the new year. It is great having country neighbors!!

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  06:37:49 AM  Show Profile
Dee, it sounds like you have alot of great neighbors there. I have finally gotten "in" with alot of people around here after 6 years. And they are not immediate neighbors either. We have a big group of ladies that walk together and we have a Bible study group. Also a community get together once a month. That's fun. Great way to meet more people way out here in the middle of nowhere. We are 8 miles from a store out here. And 30 miles from town.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  07:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dee- that sounds like such a fun set up! I wish I lived in an area like that! Sometimes it really stinks living in town.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deemc54
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Dee
Lufkin TX
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  3:26:09 PM  Show Profile
I do love living in the country. My house is 1.7 miles from where the pavement ends and you either go straight on a very thick dirt road, or you turn right on an oil top road (where we like to walk). The oil top road is totaled enveloped with pine trees. We will see snakes, deer, and armadillos cross our path. And the other day I saw a red fox. It is quite shady, but with all the trees there is absolutely no breeze. It is great on a winter day, but on a summer day... the shade is nice, but no breeze can be suffocating. And Kris, you are much more in the boondocks than me. I am 10 miles (hence 10 minutes) from our loop around town. And like I said about 5 miles from the convenience store. I just love it when I can stay at home and not have to go anywhere.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Country Neighbors Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page