Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Internet was down all Christmas! Missed you all!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Internet was down all Christmas! Missed you all! Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  4:05:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirl Sisters!

My internet inexplicably just went caput the day before Christmas Eve. The modem looked to have burnt out, and my husband tried to get one that day at the store by his work but they were all out. Audrey was beside herself since she couldn't track Santa (but swears she saw his red nose when we piled in the car Christmas Eve to go look at lights)and I couldn't send/receive email or log on. The wifi was completely down. Long story short, got a new modem, and the AT&T guy braved the weather and came out and fixed it today despite the terrible blizzard we got last night/this morning. I'm back on, but I missed wishing you all A MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Farmgirls, you mean so much to me!!!

Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  9:16:10 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas to you, too, Nicole! After all... it IS a "season!" :) How badly were you hit by the snow? We have family up there (RI and MA) who were expecting tons of snow, and haven't been able to connect with them yet! What we're seeing on the news looks pretty overwhelming. 'Hope you're okay! Stay warm and be safe! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  05:33:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Nini! We were hit hard in our area with the blizzard, but we are good. We did not lose electricity. The wind was horrific, but no damage. Tons of snow everywhere. Great sledding, snowball fighting, etc. snow. I know alot of people lost power and got stuck in the subways, freeway, etc. but my family was all safe and warm. In New England, once the snow stops they are pretty good to clear the roads, just got to be careful of black ice. Thanks for asking.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  05:49:30 AM  Show Profile
Nicole,
Merry Christmas to you and a Happy, Healthy New Year! It's never too late. Glad you are all OK with the storm. It is real pretty isn't it? I think we got it first and then it went your way.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  08:01:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh, that's great to hear - I'm so glad you are all safe and warm and enjoying the snow fun! I grew up in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Nicole! Your words created the perfect picture of my childhood memories of winter! I am not sure where you live in CT, but do you recall at all school closings being announced on the radio by Salty Brine??? Everytime it snows here, I hear his deep, rich, jolly voice ringing in my mind..."NO SCHOOL! Foster-Gloucester..." He was a delight to children of all ages on those cold, wintery mornings! We'd sit by my little clock radio just begging and waiting for him to call out our school system! As soon as he did, out came the hot chocolate and the winter party began! It's neat because we have a neighbor here who grew up in Rhode Island, too. He's a little older, but he well remembers Salty Brine. Whenever we run into each other during snow, both of us break out into huge smiles and heartily belt out, "NO SCHOOL! Foster-Gloucester..." then bust out into laughter and a hug. Everyone around here is completely perplexed when we do this - they haven't a clue what we're talking about! - but we get a real kick out of the shared memory!!! Happy snow days to you and yours! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 28 2010 08:01:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  2:10:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini,
I've never heard of Salty Brine, but sounds so cute! I did not grow up here,(grew up in TX) but have been here in CT 17 years or so. I love the whole New England area. We live close to the New York border, in a small town outside Danbury. Where in PA do you live? I love it there, too, as I lived there two years or so when I first got married. Did you get the snow, too? Diane, being in WI, you probably got tons and tons of snow, too! Merry Christmas!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Internet was down all Christmas! Missed you all! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page