Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 My friend told me today we can't be friends
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic My friend told me today we can't be friends Next Topic
Page: of 2

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  2:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Cheer up, Lisa........boring is a wonderful place to be! A person or friend doesn't have to be exciting to be worthy of companionship. So find yourself a like minded soul and enjoy life. Frankly, I prefer my own company. I have long time friends who live far away that now have more of a life than I do......and I'm fine with that. My DH is a lot like me, and we laugh about how 'lifeless' we are.

I'm sorry your 'friend' said what she did. Seems like her aim was to belittle you and glorify her own lifestyle over yours. At any rate, never look down on yourself because you're different than someone else.

So give us farm girls a shout out and we'll surely cheer you up!
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  6:16:10 PM  Show Profile
There are a lot of powerful stories here, Lisa.
To me, it looks like you have started a wonderful thread of honest sharing. Nothing boring about that. Far from it. You are inspiring!

I am very sad for you and like many others here I have been in your shoes where false friends are concerned. I promise that you will come out the other side and you will be better for it.

Like you, I have also stepped away from the church, partly out of guilt (for forgetting to accept God's forgiveness) and partly out of stubbornness. Long story. I'm working on it. In any case, I can empathize.

And I agree, boring is good. Actually, I find that boring tends to be a whole lot more fun and satisfying than "exciting." Exciting is nice while riding a roller coaster or watching a movie but no way would I want it in everyday life.

I hope you feel better---and know that you are among many, REAL friends.

Warmly,

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419

Edited by - Lady Woodworker on Dec 28 2010 6:17:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  06:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, right now you have 2 pages full of friends! I "infinity-ditto" everything they've said.

Although most of us are separated geographically, our farmgirl hearts stretch far and wide.

Blessings!!
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  1:12:10 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, I'm in the boring club, If you need a boring friend please email me.

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  4:18:08 PM  Show Profile
I am also in the "boring" club...I love my life...Some kinds of excitement are highly overrated. It is New Year's Eve and I will probably be asleep before midnight... Friends are in our lives for a reason or a season...I don't know of the reason she may have been in your life, but it sounds like your friend's season expired :) Have a wonderful new year with your own kind of excitement, Sherry

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  4:27:22 PM  Show Profile
I just love this post, how all you gals band together to lift Lisa up! I consider myself a fairly boring person... i'm merely a housewife and i don't have any kids to take up my time. but i love what i do, taking care of my husband, garden, helping him make our home our dream home, and learning new farmgirl hobbies all the time. i know how you feel about the friend issue... i had to break of a 16 year friendship this year. i guess i was on the other end of your situation, but it wasn't easy for me to do. i feel that if anyone breaks off a relationship, it's for the betterment of both sides. one person is not happy for whatever reason... why go on with it? this is your opportunity to grow wings and find out what you want. and you've already said you're interested in connecting with the church... that's great! what a great stepping stone to move on from that heartbreak.... i wish you all the luck in the world and hang in there!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  6:43:07 PM  Show Profile
I hate to bust everyone's bubble here...but none of us are boring! We are unique,march to the sound of our inner drummer,and are libertines! Right now,after you're done reading this,I'd like for you to write down 5 things you're thankful for-and be sure one or two of them is a talent or positive trait that is yours. Start doing this daily. Also-as you're going into a new chapter of your life,there's a book by Sarah Ban Breathnach called "moving on"....get a copy of that and her other book "Simple abundance". You should be able to find these books used on eBay for a very reasonable price. I've lost friends too for not going with their "agenda" but that is their loss.

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.biz (Etsy Store)

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

Country Girl 06
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Danyelle
Haughton Louisiana
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  6:25:58 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like your friend wasn't a friend to begin with. God will always forgive you as long as you ask and repent what you have done. Just pray. I promise it works. There is also a better friend waiting for you just right around the corner.

Just a girl with big dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  7:08:18 PM  Show Profile
Well, I have been reading through all of these posts and it is gratifying to see so many women jumping in, encouraging and supporting not only Lisa, but each other!

I have to give a big "Amen" to Sherrie. Not one of us is 'boring'. We are all "fearfully and wonderfully made" by God. Read the first half of Psalm 139 and then ask yourself if you aren't special. It says that God knew us ever before we even came to be and that He surrounds us at every turn! He knows the number of our days. He knows everything about us and loves us. It doesn't matter what we've done, God asks us to just give it all up to Him as He forgives. The trick is learning to forgive ourselves. There is joy in forgiving ourselves!!

This "friend" was anything but. It's ok to just let this person be wrong. It's their loss. You have a new day to move on! I hope that you can find peace in this new year.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

elilakat
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  11:39:53 AM  Show Profile
I just wanted to post my "two cents".

I think it's wonderful that your friend was so honest. Now you know that SHE'S not the person YOU want to be around.

I'm very new here and I'm very glad to know you. We may not be right around the corner from you, but we can always be here for you through cyberspace. I look forward to getting to know you much better.

*hugs*
Kara
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  11:33:18 AM  Show Profile
Well, by now I am sure you know this person never was a friend. People who truly care for each other do not treat each other that way.I have never been a follower. I have always done my own thing and my own thinking. What I like may not be everyones cup of tea. But, then again, theirs isn't mine either. I love the fact that everyone has their own ideas and talents and loves. That is what makes the world an interesting place! Don't ever let anyone else make you feel bad because you have your own ideas, likes and dislikes. Follow your own heart and instincts, you will be the happy and fulfilled one. You are perfect for yourself and us just the way you are.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  4:44:13 PM  Show Profile
This is a wonderful thread. I am very blessed to have 2 'boring' friends. One is single and works 5 days a week, and the other is a dad with 2 jobs. We do not get to hang out very often, but when we do, it is as though no time has passed. It's called a mature relationship. We don't have to entertain each other to stay friends! I just know that they are there for me and I for them. I can't imagine ever ditching a true friend because they weren't living their life the way I thought that they should!

I myself am a SAHM and my life is 'boring'. (Read: consistent and somewhat predictable. What's wrong with that???)

Anyway, Lisa, you are now among friends!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  7:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Lisa I'm sorry your "friend" was so cruel she obviously didn't know you well enough to realize you are not boring.

As for the Church don't be worried to walk through those doors, you will most likely be pleasantly surprised to be welcomed into a loving family of less than perfect people who have done their share of living. We all make mistakes and our Lord and the Church welcome us as we are.

You are among friends here. Hugs.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

MTwoman
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Marti
bond colorado
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  03:22:32 AM  Show Profile
It's so nice to get on here and know that other woman have same issue's in life. Just makes they day run smoother. And yes my life may be boaring to some I am say @ home mom. I home school And all those chores that us wemon do that no one notices till you don't do it lol. And yes I am gonna be 30 in few weeks here with 3 boys and WOW how life changes.But deep down I could not be happier in life my family is who I spend my time with the ones that truly matter and will always be there.And after that there is no time LMAO. Have a good one ladies no your not alone. PEACE
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic My friend told me today we can't be friends Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page