Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Snow Storm on the Eastern Shore
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Snow Storm on the Eastern Shore Next Topic  

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  11:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
It sure looks beautiful out in the woods, but tomorrow is going to mess digging out. Staying warm near the fire, drinking hot chocolate and munching on Christmas cookies to fortify the body fat for later

FarmGirl Sister #123

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  8:00:11 PM  Show Profile
It just started up where I am about 2 hours ago. They are telling us up here, 14 - 20". I don't have to dig out the car or the driveway, we have a plow guy and the car is in the garage which is attached to the house (thank God) but shoveling to the chicken coop and the long ramp we have is going to be horrible! So like you Sherry, I'm going to spend tomorrow in front of my woodstove eating lots of cookies! This much snow is even to much for us Mainers!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343

Life is Beautiful with Bunnies
www.thedewhopinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  9:11:19 PM  Show Profile
oh My!!!! stay warm!!! and eating cookies sounds good to me!!!! WOW...

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  06:45:48 AM  Show Profile
Ginny - I do miss those northeaster storms that dump a ton of snow and make everybody take a break. I use to live down in Sanford/Springvale area so I know what you're experiencing.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  07:58:21 AM  Show Profile
We got pounded. I'm not sure how much is out there, but I do know that I am not going anywhere today. I am such a chicken when it comes to driving in the snow, or even when there is a lot of snow on the ground. I just won't do it. Now tomorrow...if a lot of the lovely white stuff is gone, I just might be tempted. But today I am staying warm, dry and grateful that I don't have to step one toe outside. It is really beautiful out there, though.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  08:46:03 AM  Show Profile
I think we ended up with about 10 inches of snow , boy I have never seen such high winds during a snow storm! Then last nite I went out to check on the chickens, came in and was just about to snuggle up in front of the pellet stove and the power went out at 9:30. Unfortunaly pellet stoves don't work with out electricity. Luckly my in laws only live about 2 miles away so before hubby went out to plow he brought my son and I over there. The power was back on this morning, when we got home it was sooo cold still. but now it is starting to warm up back to snuggling in front of the fire and snacking on some Christmas cookies sounds pretty good too.

How did you other gals do during the storm?
Liz

In God We Trust
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  09:52:21 AM  Show Profile
wish we would have gotten some of that beautiful white stuff! enjoy stay warm and be careful

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  09:54:37 AM  Show Profile
We did not get a load of snow. Maybe 8 inchesor so. What is exciting about this storm this season is the wind. This morning laying in bed talking myself into getting out of the warm bed to the cold room I noticed the tops of the white pines bending without my glasses on. The wind has not let up allday.

Lucky for us this fall the elelctric coop that services our area cleared the power lines so far so good.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  2:27:07 PM  Show Profile
We received about 10 inches or more here on the Maine coast.
Hello Ginny! Nice to see another Mainer here.
I'm on vacation this week so the storm is all fine with me--especially if the power stays on.
(Knock wood)

I walked to the post office this afternoon. Other than that, I have stayed indoors, watching movies, reading and hanging around the house with my husband and cats. The woodstove keeps the place warm and cozy feeling.

I hope you have all are faring well,

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  3:06:00 PM  Show Profile
My poor chickies I went out this afternoon to find their water frozen. We have a heater but when we lost our power I never gave a thought about the water. But then I changed it and now they are happy.

In God We Trust
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  05:18:48 AM  Show Profile
I was at my Mom's in southeastern Vermont, and we got 20 inches there. Needless to say I postponed my 300 mile drive home and stayed an extra day!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Snow Storm on the Eastern Shore Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page