Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Has anyone made baby (mini) bakeovers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Has anyone made baby (mini) bakeovers? Next Topic  

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  04:48:41 AM  Show Profile
I am loving the bakeover concept and now I am thinking about how miniature bakeovers would be? Has anyone made them in cupcake or cornbread/small loaf pans? I hate to waste my precious Budget Mix if it doesn't work out. I thought it would be nice to make single servings for small families, or assorted ones as appetizers or for kids or even as desserts using the fruit combinations. Good idea?

Jo

wvtracy
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Tracy
Stephens City VA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  1:57:04 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea Jo! I'm still waiting on my first shipment of Budget mix so I will keep minis in mind when I start making bakeovers.
Tracy

www.handstoworkdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2006 :  06:43:05 AM  Show Profile
Jo,
Great minds think alike! I had that thought the other day, as my husband and I have a muffin for breakfast, what about something a little more meal like?
It's supposed to be cooler Monday, I think I'll try a batch then.
I'm assuming I would need to bake for a shorter time than a big one.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"

Edited by - KarenP on Jun 18 2006 06:43:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  07:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes, Karen! What about making our own version of an open-face Egg McMuffin? Or we could put meat on half of the mini-bakeovers, and egg/cheese on the other half of them, pop them out when they are done and slap together like a sandwich?

Let me know how your batch comes out...I am out of Budget Mix so have to wait for my next order to arrive.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  5:01:02 PM  Show Profile
I remember someone said they use a pie pan for a Bakeover pan (for the oven part) so would little patty-pans work maybe for min-bakeovers? I don't have any - but oh, no! now I'll have another thing to search for at the second-hand stores. Thanks for the idea. Just got my Budget mix and can't wait to make one tonight.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  2:42:30 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like such a good idea! I have a big muffin tin - 6 instead of the usual 12 - I wonder if that would work?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  07:15:25 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea!!
I was thinking that a baby Bakeover made with blueberries and topped with lemon curd sounds like a really yummy dessert. Off to the blueberry bush!!
Or, how about a ginger-pear baby Bakeover with vanilla ice cream?
Or a cranberry-apple with nutmeg sugar sprinkled on the top of the crust? A nice surprise at the bottom of your dessert!
Or a baby breakfast Bakeover ( say that 5 times fast!!) with diced tomatoes, onions, green chilies and eggs?
Oh my goodness!! Stop me!!
Off to make recipes -

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  07:45:57 AM  Show Profile
These ideas all sound great! I love the BB&B from Karin...will have to try that, with any number of variations. These would be good to serve when we have our tea parties, too!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

dirtundernails
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

1 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile
I've had this very idea rumbling around in my brain for a long time, and finally tried it today. My idea involved putting grated cheese in the bottom of the cup of my muffin pan. I figured the oil would keep the bread part from sticking avoiding the spraying of the pan. It worked perfectly. I made pizza muffins. I layered in mozzarella, dried Italian herbs, tomato paste from a tube, and then an ice cream scoop of onion and oregano seasoned muffin batter. 400 degrees for 20 min.
I'm freezing them for my husband's lunch (30 seconds in the microwave).
dun
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  6:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great! I think I'll make some to freeze for after school snacks.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Has anyone made baby (mini) bakeovers? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page