Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 My Daughter is an Amazing Soul
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic My Daughter is an Amazing Soul Next Topic  

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  10:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
My husband and I finally broke up for good over Thanksgiving. It wasn't a shocker, we've been miserable for years. But we have two teenage daughters. My oldest, Caitlyn, decided to go with me but my youngest, Megan, decided to stay with her father.
Here's the twist...he has the money and I moved in with an old friend out in the woods where life is not nearly as easy.
While I still love and miss my Mimi with all my heart, I will be forever be grateful to my dear Caiti.
Christmas plans became a blur to me. But she insisted! She dug out a Christmas tree, all her own decorations and everything. I tried to explain that I didn't have any money (he kept it all) for presents, fearing the teenage outburst. She blew me away telling she didn't car about the presents as long as we were happy. Of course, I cried
We now live in true farmgirl fashion...woodstove for heat & cooking, no dishwasher, washer or dryer etc. We only have internet by a freak of nature that some neighbor has wifi, LOL.
But she's been a real trooper! We get up every morning, let the dogs out (a Pug and a Chug)stack the wood in crates for the day, sort the trash, clean the house and cook the dinner (my rent)
It's a huge change for her. I grew up this way, but she's always had it real good because of dad's money and lifestyle. i'm so very proud of her!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  02:52:39 AM  Show Profile
so many blessings!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  07:35:17 AM  Show Profile
congrats on raising such a good kid-i don't know how many teenagers these days would do that! i am glad that you are doing your best with the circumstances that you have been given, so many times people forget that your happiness means more than money!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  10:04:10 AM  Show Profile
You have a great kid! I wish mine was so good.

We have been without income for 6 months. There is a job now, but no pay till january. She said we owed her 2 shopping trips in february for her skipping christmas so the little ones could have whatever we could scrape up. She is willing to wait, but she put a timeline on our payback! LOL! Typical of a teenager to want a guarantee I guess.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  08:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Yeah, once I have more money coming in, I'm sure she'll hit me up too, but for now she's being good.

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  05:50:03 AM  Show Profile
As much as you are afraid of damaging your daughter by not giving her all the money in the world. In ten or twenty years she will see this part of her life and treasure it. We had some really hard times a year and a half back and I had to make all of our bread every day or two, barter with neighbors for some meat, and tomatoes but I pushed myself to learn things that must come back.

I commend both you and your daughter for being so very brave!

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  4:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Thank you Emily! Sometimes we get scared and tired but we try to keep going...On the upside, we have both lost weight and gained alot of muscle tone, LOL! And we know it could always be worse. We have somewhere to keep us warm even if we have to work it to keep it warm. We have a safe haven....Lordy knows even the FBI couldn't find us here! The cup is always half full!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  8:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherry- I commend you for working so hard for yourself and your daughter. Not only is she learning some valuable life skills as far as how to care for herself, but she is also learning a very wonderful abstract lesson. This is going to make her stronger both in mind and spirit. She is going to learn that even if the alternative seems harder and scary- that just staying with someone because it is easier is not always the best thing (not saying that is what you did, but I see so many people afraid to move on when their alternative is even easier than yours is/was!)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  08:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hats off to both you, and your daughter. No teen I know would step up like that. Great job, to your DD, and you for teaching her! Prayers for you both.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic My Daughter is an Amazing Soul Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page