goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  2:07:00 PM  Show Profile
I joined a photo forum and realized I know next to nothing. It's a lot of fun to give it the ol' college try but I do have "ways" to go!!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  5:27:10 PM  Show Profile
I have been taking photo for well over 10+ years. I currently have a Canon 50D SLR but wish for a Canon 5D SLR.

I have numerous lens that I use all the time. I am going down to Yellowstone Park on Christmas Eve morning to take pictures of Lamar Valley. If you were part of the Christmas card swap this year I sent out a picture I took on my birthday in late October of the Tetons in the morning light as my card. It really is not hard but I would advise that you seek out a friend or neighbor who does photos.

Good luck.

Madelynne

www.johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  09:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
I love photography. I have a Sony Super Steady Shot DSC-H9 with both a telephoto lens and wide lens. My favourite subjects are my daughters and wildlife. Be patient with yourself, and you'll soon be clicking away! Enjoy!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  11:06:38 AM  Show Profile
I've been taking pictures for years on a 30 year old Fujica 35mm Camera. I wouldn't trade that camera for the world. Although it is getting harder and harder trying to find places that still develop film. I still like the excitement of wondering what pictures are on the roll. I've won a few photo contests over the years. The only thing I can tell you if you want great looking pictures is to look all around your subjects to see what else is in the shot. Pleasing to the eye is the best thing to look for. Just have fun...you'll get the hang of it.

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  4:42:15 PM  Show Profile
I have a fancy Fuji that I'm still getting the hang of. My phone has a great camera but it lags and I've missed some great shots. I probably only get about 10% of the shots I want. I got Adobe Photoshop on my laptop and it's over my head but the tutorials are fab. It is a lot of fun. I didn't do card swap but next year I'm getting more involved. I did Secret Santa on one of my horse boards and it was more fun than I thought it would be. The net and my phone make it easier for me to connect.

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  5:31:36 PM  Show Profile
I just took a photography class at our community college. It was really fun getting in the darkroom!

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone like photography?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page