Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Spring Apron Swap - CONTACT - Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Spring Apron Swap - CONTACT - Update Next Topic
Page: of 15

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  10:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Some of you are really FAST! I may start on my aprons tomorrow - I've had company and been between country and city houses. LOL!

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  07:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll I'm with you Linda, lots on my plate.... But I WILL start this weekend. Be assured, Kathy and Patricia, I will meet the deadline of March 1. I have been deliberating on the style and fabrics and you may get another e-mail from me for info so I can make my final decision. I just want them to fit your personalities. Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  9:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Yeaaaaaa!!!! Heard from Yarnmama, my swap partner, now I can sew, I already purchased some material. Her computer is down, so she is using another! Happy sewing to all you ladies! My first swap this year, and I am ready. Thanks Jonni!! Farmgirl#946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  1:50:20 PM  Show Profile
Still haven't heard from my partner. Not sure if I should start an apron yet or not??? Please let me know what I should do. Thanks

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  05:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Amanda. I sent Debbie an email. If we haven't heard from her by Feb 10, I'll assign a new partner.

To all of you - if you haven't heard from your partner, let me know. I will do reassignments as I can on 2/10 so that everyone who has responded will be able to participate.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  3:27:03 PM  Show Profile
Mywunderfullife,

I sent you an e-mail. Thanks for having Jonnie contact me.
Looking forward to the swap.

Buzzn Bee
Deborah
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  4:38:14 PM  Show Profile
Nettie, I have the pattern picked out and the fabric chosen. Hope you like it. Will have it finished and sent out by March l.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

AmericanHwyFlower
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

A.R.
Yorba Linda CA
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  8:03:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness!!! I went to the mailbox today and I had a pkg from CJ..... my spring apron is here already!! I was shocked and thrilled! Thank you sooo much for a wonderful beautiful perfect apron and a boxx full of other goodies too. My apron is a lovely ivory with pink flowers all over it and I love the flirty little loose ruffle on the skirt and the lace and ribbon trims too. How did you know I collect tin boxes?? and in the tin box, teas, chocolate,spring flower napkins, handmade jasmine soap and a nice note. Oh I am smiling from ear to ear tonite, wearing my new apron too! Thank you for such a very thoughtful package

Cherish Each Day
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  11:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
One apron down and one more (so far) to go. I am making some extras in case someone else needs a partner and to sell on the FARMMADE website when it is up and running.

It's a pattern I love - I have one myself and another cut out for me to make.

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

dnelson252
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Debra
Western PA...home of the STEELERS!! The Keystone State
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  1:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Still haven't heard from my partner with her preferences or address. Don't know what to do...this is my first swap and I would have liked to have started something so I didn't have to wait until the last minute. Any ideas what to do?? I email 2 times already. Thanks ladies....Debra

Please Lord, give me patience....and give it to me NOW!!! Farmgirl #2116
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  2:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I am choozing and measuring fabrics and designing the apron...also making tuck in...
;-)

Linda in Scranton, PA Farmgirl #71

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
--Hada Bejar
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  4:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll

Sister Linda, this is probably a stupid question (I think I know the answer) but what is a tuck in?

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

SKVining
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Sandra
Beaverton Mi
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  5:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Ok I will ask also what is a tuck in. In Amish terms I know but not for English, or plain people as my friends say Also why don't I have a number I'm like a little Kid I don't want to be left out. I'm haveing such a good time doing Helens apron Only had to put the straps on 4 times Can tell how long it has been sence I sewed Sk Vining
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  5:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
You have to join the MJFG Sisterhood to get a number. LOL! That's all!

I think I figured out the tuck in - you are supposed to "tuck in" a little gift or two with the apron when you send it. LOL!

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  5:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll
WooHOOO I've got another Baby SISTER!!! Nice to meet you Sandra...now whats this about "plain" people.....I am certainly not PLAIN...however, I have been called many other things, we won't go into all that tho. So what is a tuck in in Amish terms?

You may not have gotten your number yet due to bad weather up at the Farm but if you don't get it soon just send an e-mail to Brian and he works everything out (Brian - your my hero).

Love and Prayers
Your SISTER,

Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

SKVining
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Sandra
Beaverton Mi
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  7:13:18 PM  Show Profile
A tuck in is a Amish term they use for the tuck or some say pleats in there Prayer caps I live in Amish Country and I love it I'm NOT plain but I love there way of life it is very plain but oh so much caring and taking care of one enother.They care for all and I'm so blessed to be friends with some very special ones One of my wonderful friends just had a baby and she say her baby has a plain Grama and a fancy Grama Her husband come from a family of 17 children I'm still in shock but picked myself up off the floor and just tried hard to smile! can hardly wait to get my number Thank you so much Daizy Oh I will tuck something in with my apron for sure
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  05:36:12 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. I thought the "tuck" was explained in the first post. It's another little something that goes in the package with your apron. Some ideas: a tin of tea, your favorite chocolate, a kitchen towel or hot pad to match the apron - some little something that you'd like to share with your swap partner.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  05:47:36 AM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll

Thanks Jonnie, Tuck was mentioned but not explained, however, it is what I thought it was. A gift or surprise "tucked" inside the apron swap item....oh this is so much fun... Thanks for setting this up and being the watch dog of the swap. I only hope I can please my partners. Working on the aprons tonight and hoping to finish over the weekend.

Love to all
Your SISTER
Daizy

P.S. Did you need me to make extras?

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  06:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Daizy - not sure about extras yet. Going to give everyone a little bit more time and then reassign next Thursday as necessary.

Thanks to the rest of you who have contacted me off line about making aprons if we need extras. You guys are so AWESOME!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  07:48:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls! I just modified the original post in this topic. Time is getting close and I have no indication of whether or not some of you have made contact. Please check the original post and let me know if you have been in touch with your partner. On Thursday, I plan to reassign girls who have attempted to contact their partners but have had no response. I will reassign them to each other and remove the unresponsive partners from the list.

Again, if you find that you cannot participate, please let me know. No judgment here. We all know that life has a way of happening whether it's in our plans or not.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Blessings to you all!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  08:12:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Jonnie; Have been in touch with both my partners. Loving this swap Susan Harmon

Sister #1958
Let all that you do be done in love
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  08:18:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Susan!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  08:20:43 AM  Show Profile
My partner and I have traded addresses and I found some fabric I am sure she will like so her apron will be finished this weekend.

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  08:23:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Star!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  08:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Jonnie -

Susan and I have been in contact since the day after the assignments. I noticed the list was not updated from "emailed". So we ARE in contact, and I am in contact with both of my contacts, but would do another apron if needed.

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Spring Apron Swap - CONTACT - Update Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page