Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Round Robin Journal! Signups closed!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Round Robin Journal! Signups closed!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  6:02:31 PM  Show Profile
January 9- Okay girls, the sign ups are over! There are 8 of us altogether. I will go ahead and finish up decorating the journal and get it out to CJ this week. Feel free to add to it, change the cover, whatever you want! :) If you haven't yet send me your address, please do so this week. Happy Journaling!
Dec. 30- I went out and bought a very simple folder with the brads for holding loose leaf paper. I know it is simple and inexpensive, but I thought it would be an easy way to remove the papers to make copies for everyone, once it has gone the rounds. If anyone can come up with a better idea when it is their turn feel free! I'm not very creative that way! I also wanted to keep the cost down for mailing.....
We so far have 11 of us participating, with a week left for sign ups. I am still planning on keeping the groups small....

Rose had me so excited about the round robin journal last summer! I know there is one going around in her post, but she has given me permission to butt in and start a new round here! - Thanks Rose!
Who is interested? I know there were some of you girls who wanted to do it after the first 2 had been started...so if you're still interested let me know!
Send me your names, and addresses by Jan. 5, and I will get them(or it) out the week after. I would like to keep groups fairly small, say 6 to a journal. If all goes well, as each one is returned I will rotate it to the next group, then back through the first group, etc.
Wondering what to put in your journal? Tell us about your days in your little neck of the woods. Your family, your home, your animals, your job, your get togethers, crafts, what you're cooking, what projects you're working on. Pictures are always great! Decorate your page(s) any way you like! And, don't be shy about including a photo of yourself so we all know who we are writing to! :)
I only request 1 thing:
Please remember that others are as excited about this as you are. If you cannot find the time to write in your journal, or something comes up, please, please don't keep the journal back! If you will just send it on to me, or the next person, no one will be mad or upset, we all know life happens sometimes!
We have 8 of us signed up so far!! :) Pass the word around girls!
Brenda
CJ
Toni
Betty Jo
Margo
Debbie
Carole
Starletta
Sandi
TJ
Marlene

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/

Edited by - LakeOntarioFarmgirl on Jan 09 2011 04:36:02 AM

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  08:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Brenda,
I would like to be part of this . . . I think you have my address. But if you need it let me know.
THANKS
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  8:27:31 PM  Show Profile
I want to be included, sending you my info.
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  6:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
count me in too

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2010 :  05:49:29 AM  Show Profile
brenda i'm interested-did i send you info already?

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2010 :  5:54:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you girls! So far there are 6 of us! We still have a while to go so if you haven't sent me your info you have plenty of time! Penny, no I don't have yours yet! :)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

Go to Top of Page

DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  6:36:10 PM  Show Profile
I would like to give this a try as well...!! DebbieSue in Texas!
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  12:21:57 PM  Show Profile
I would like to be included and will send you my information.

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  12:25:18 PM  Show Profile
I haven't ever done this and would like to try.

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1826 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1826 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  7:04:49 PM  Show Profile
I would like to be included also, please.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

TJinMT
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

TJ
Billings MT
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  10:29:37 AM  Show Profile
This sounds fun, I'd like to be included as well!

~TJ of Green Willow Place

www.MyWesternHome.wordpress.com

"We make a living by what we get, but we build a life by what we give." ~Thomas S. Monson
Go to Top of Page

Humor Me
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Sandi
ID
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  10:47:16 AM  Show Profile
I would love to do this - will send my information to you. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  11:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Brenda,
I may have missed it but are we going to set a maximum time limit on how long we keep the journal? Might I suggest 2 weeks?

I see 11 on your list in your post in red . .?

THANKS BRENDA!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  11:35:12 AM  Show Profile
With 11 joining the group, are we going to just have one large group? Or is it going to be broken into several small groups? Has the first journal going out? I do like the idean of a maximum time limit and 2 weeks is a good suggestion.

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  04:12:53 AM  Show Profile
Ha ha, CJ you are right, there are 11 of us! My counting must have been off the other day! I will keep us all in one group.... 2 weeks it will be for keeping the journal.
I was down at my daughters again this week, while she had some more tests done, but the journal is almost ready to go out to the first person! Will let you all know when I actually mail it!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Go to Top of Page

Humor Me
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Sandi
ID
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  06:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Brenda -
I am assuming that we be adding our own paper to the book. Should the paper size be 8 1/2" by ll"? I like to play with things for a while, and if I had this information the fun could commence. :) Thanks for doing this and have a super day!
Sandi
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  03:29:57 AM  Show Profile
Sandi, I have put some blank paper in....for whoever wants to use it, but it is just plain old wide ruled school paper! Everyone is to feel free to do it however they want to! I just can't write on unlined paper, you would all have to be turning it sideways! ;) As long as you can put the paper in, and it can be removed later on for copies, use whatever you would like!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Go to Top of Page

Humor Me
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Sandi
ID
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  06:45:16 AM  Show Profile

Brenda-
Thanks for your reply... That helps a lot and fits my needs exactly. Have a wonderful day!
Sandi
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  06:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Wondering the status of this . . .
CJ

Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  1:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,

Is everything okay? Would appreciate an update!?

Carole

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  7:23:49 PM  Show Profile
Anyone know what happened with this Round robin journal????
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  12:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Toni,
I received an email earlier last week and Brenda said she was putting it in the mail to me since I'm first on the list.
I haven't received it yet, but I don't know what todays mail has brought either.
That's the latest that I know.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  08:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Just to let you all know, as of yesterday (02/17) I still haven't received the journal.
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Feb 21 2011 05:34:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  06:38:06 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I still have not received the journal . . and I know there will be no mail delivery today.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  10:42:40 AM  Show Profile
I feel terrible that I have not posted and let everyone know what is going on with the journal. I am now subscribed to this topic, so I will be able to track it, and see posts, so it will encourage me to keep you all updated.
I just sent an email and told CJ that the journal really, really will be on its way tomorrow. It will go priority mail,and so should be to her by Thursday or Friday.
I'm not sure if everyone here knows what has been going on, why I have been so slow, and I thought it was probably time to post on here, so you all would know.
My 2nd daughter has been having major health problems, since her baby boy was born on Dec. 27th. She was rushed to the hospital just days afterwards with terrible headaches, and numbness on her right side. As they did a blood patch(common after having an epidural with childbirth), she suffered what they at first thought was a stroke. They then moved her to the big city hospital and when they were waiting to do an MRI, suffered a major seizure. That led to more seizures, and the MRI showed a brain tumor on top of her head. Although all the tests have determined that it is probably not cancerous, they are still trying to figure out what the tumor is made up of, and why she continues to have seizures. She can barely walk, has constant tremors and some paralysis, and pretty much is bed ridden most days. She is being treated for the seizures, but still has small ones.
At this time, she is at the ER having an MRI of her spine, and an ultrasound of her pelvis, because she has been having pain down her spine since Saturday. I am just waiting word on whether or not they will keep her overnight, before heading back to her house, to stay with the kids. She has 4 little ones, and so Nana(me) stays there a lot. My hours have also increased at work, and some days feel like I am not sure if I am coming or going!
I have enjoyed putting the journal together even though I am not very creative at this kind of thing! I do love to write though, and my chickens and garden are something I could go on and on about. As I said before, do what you want to the journal itself, decorate, redecorate, put it in a new notebook, whatever makes you happy!
I have included the list of names and addresses of everyone, so please send to the person below you on the list. I am hoping that this goes through the whole group, and gets back to me! Now you all see how I had every good intention of having this out a long time ago, things happened, but rather than completely drop it, and being embarrassed to send it so late, I am doing just that, and asking your forgiveness for being so slow, and not letting you all know! I think that's what happened with the other journal swap, whoever it ended up with, just thought it had been too long, so just didn't send it at all.
Brenda

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  7:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Brenda . . . I'm glad you have shared your situation here. I knew much about it but felt like I couldn't get into the details of what I did know. I have just been praying for your daughter, you and the whole family. I'm soooooo sorry for the troubles and stress and unanswered questions.

We can get the journal going and get it back to you!!!!!
THANKS, my friend!!!
PRAYERS . . and FARMGIRL HUGS SENT!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Round Robin Journal! Signups closed!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page