katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  9:59:19 PM  Show Profile

What's on your desk? usually there is a kitty on mine but today she took a back seat to my cup of Hot Ammaretto Cocoa....yum!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  01:53:12 AM  Show Profile
hey Grace,
I am lucky enough to be able to keep up with all my MJF business from the comfort of our sofa! Today - oops, actually yesterday, now - was my birthday and my great husband completely surprised me with the cutest notebook. He said he was happy watching me have so much fun "with" the farmgirls that he wanted me to be able to do it in comfort. No wonder I am still in love after all these years. So, no photo of my desktop! It would look a lot like my tummy!

Your hot chocolate looks yummy.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  08:52:33 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday yesterday, Marianne! On our main today...the main desk has 2 computers..our old relic which we use for some things..and our new lap top. Also a printer and desk lamp. (very impersonal). On my personal desk in the spare room...art objects from each of the grandchildren, supplies for writing letters/cards by hand, favorite books re personal interests. It was my mother's desk, and I am the lucky one to have it.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  11:54:19 AM  Show Profile
On my desk? Oh, that's easy. My computer and 1 bill waiting for me to put a check with. Now, if I turn my office chair around, there is my Office table. An old full size dining room table. It is covered. My purse, a Bible, a phone book, left over Christmas cards to be put away, a book I bought my SIL for Christmas, 2010 appointment book, 2011 appointment book, some old jewelry to be fixed to put in our antique booth, a stack of quilt material, the box and paperwork for my new TomTom GPS, two 4 lb. bags of sugar, that is just the top layer. Don't know what is under all that. Everytime I get it cleaned off, I call a family meeting. The kids don't think I EVER clean it off.

Did I win?

Belle
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  12:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Ugh. What ISN'T on my desk? At the office, here, there are stacks and stacks of legal briefs, invoices, checks, dication machine, a pile of pens, Caldrea hand lotion, a coffee mug and a ruby red grapefruit.

At home, I removed all the stuff from our old desk to use it for the surface of the Christmas Village and little lit country church :) I like my desk at home MUCH better!!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  2:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hmmmmmmm . . . which one?? Three to choose from
One is my hubby's and it is indescribable!!!!
One is mine for normal paperwork and it is neat and tidy. A beautiful one made by my hubby for my mom out of cherry wood. My parents are gone and the desk came back to us.
The other is a HUGE, executive walnut desk that is my project table . . . it's beautiful and it's wonderful because of the HUGE size of the top, the drawers and the side pull outs. It is COVERED with my papercrafting supplies. It is organized . . to a point . . but I work there almost daily so there is always something in the works!!! Right now . . I'm making baby books!!! COVERED!!!!!!! with all manner of creative paraphernalia!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  6:09:17 PM  Show Profile
oh I am soooo glad I am not the only 'messy desker'...lol!
and Marianne,,,,your tummy, what tummy.....lol!
Before I retired I was real particular about my desk, "a place for everything & everything in it's place!"....then I retired & all that went out the window.....half the time I have a kitty on my desk & 1 in my lap trying to pat at my keyboard! lol!
I now like to think of myself as an 'organized mess'... then every now & then I can't stand it anymore & do a through cleaning only to find cast off candy wrapers & post it's with much needed (lost)phone numbers! lol!
Hmmm, maybe I should think about cleaning my desk again.....maybe I will get lucky and find some candy wrappers with candy still in it! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  08:29:30 AM  Show Profile
Wow...as I sit here and type this I can see several bottles of bottled water, an empty diet coke can, three hankies, two sets of earrings and a bottle of my Wisteria perfume....starting to sound a lot like the "12 days of Christmas!"

I don't dare take a picture of the clutter-

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  7:18:07 PM  Show Profile
What's on my desk, you ask?

A half-naked, 22 year old, Adonis, feeding me grapes.....

not really, just wanted to see if you were paying attention....

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  8:02:11 PM  Show Profile
ROFLMBO!!!!!
ok, I was paying attention!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  8:02:56 PM  Show Profile
Well, talk about a mess. On my desk there is my swap book, my camera, a small box, a picture of my family, my 2 phones, recipes I have copied, pens, pencils, note pads and some glasses. And a glass of goat milk. Yum! Sounds like I need to get to cleaning!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  06:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Well a flower, bills, tape pencil sharpener, plates to list on etsy, jewelry already listed and notebooks. Not to bad today.lol

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  10:10:51 AM  Show Profile
I have to laugh, I actually got my desk cleaned up on Saturday(snowed so we stayed home)...but here I sit, Monday morning and I swear....you'd never believe I had cleaned it off, in fact I think it is even more cluttered...
Are there little "Clutter fairies" out there that sneak in at night and "party" on my desk?

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  10:19:00 AM  Show Profile
on my desk... a bright red british phone booth style telephone (you have to open the door to answer the touch tone phone) that's on the right near my refrigerator, then on the left is a small stack of stliving compilation cd's and a crazy looking white and black speckled chicken pen with bright red feathers sticking out of its head. And tucked to the side against the wall is a 2011 calendar that is waiting to be hung on the refrigerator. There is also a small can of Izze sparkling clementine soda. Oh and of course my computer and mouse and speakers occupy the desk.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.com
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's on your Desk? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page