Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  9:46:04 PM  Show Profile
..say what? In my thinking... thats way off and life will go on as God wills it. I don't think that far ahead nor do I worry about things out of my control.
(((shrugs)))

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  10:09:28 PM  Show Profile
Eh... I look at it this way: what will be will be. (I am actually hearing Doris Day in my head right now! LOL!) People seem to forget that there is no guarantee of a tomorrow or even of a today, for that matter! Life is so, so fragile. Every day is a gift. We can get so wound up about what's going to happen in 2012 or about any other scarey prediction for the future that we can easily forget to focus on what matters today. Today is tough enough without piling on the fear of a possible tomorrow. My words are not meant as criticism to anyone, because when left to my own imagination or when conversing with friends who are 2012 "enthusiasts" (for lack of a better term at this late night moment), I, too, can get worked up about the doomsday predictions. But what good is it going to do me? If 2012 hits the way we see it in movies, I'm not so sure we're really going to be able to do anything to save ourselves anyway.

What I am really most concerned about right now is this downward spiral that our economy is in, and we're doing our best to prepare and keep our heads above that rising water. Every day is a new day with new challenges. And most of those days, those challenges are about all I can handle. If I paid attention to every horrific prediction for the future, I just might stop getting out of bed - and I can't afford THAT luxury, either! LOL!

I think it's all good. I wouldn't worry too much. I personally believe God's got it all under control. I trust Him and know He loves us. Experience has taught me that God always provides and always brings me through. I realize that not everyone sees it that way, but my faith is what enables me to sleep at night and get through each day's unique set of challenges. :)

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  05:42:06 AM  Show Profile
OK - I must be out of the loop! What is supposed to happen in 2012?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  05:55:46 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Nini, my DH is a prepper and I get a little down when he starts talking about the collapse of civilization. I just can't think about it every day. I am trying to focus on the here and now and I have faith in God and mankind.

Luanne, supposedly December 22, 2012 is the end of the Mayan Calendar and others have also predicted the end of civilization as we know it around then. I just think the Mayan's ran out of stone or whatever they were writing their calendar on. I personally don't believe in predictions...they are hit or miss. You only here about them when they "hit". That is like me saying it is going to snow today, if it does then I predicted right and it makes news.

We are working on food and water storage though. It just gives me peace of mind to know that I have food and water and basic essentials...just in case my prediction is right and it does snow a lot!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Dec 06 2010 05:58:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:31:25 AM  Show Profile
Nini, what reassuring words. It is easy to fall into concern (raised hand as guilty to that), but today matters. Yesterday I went to finish up Christmas shopping for my niece. Her hubby needed dress shirts. I could do that, so off to the stores, no thought about two years away, just what I can do to help them out now. She said he was XL, but that was because he's so tall. Skinny as a rail, so I was determined to find Large Talls for him. Went several places before I found some (small town). The lady in the store that helped me was fantastic and took the time to show me each spot those shirts were in. She kept apologizing that they didn't have a huge selection. They had them when no one else did, and I told her that. She helped me through each stack until I was done, of course the great sale and special 20% off everything made me into Kris Kringle, but at that moment nothing else mattered and it felt great to be able to do something so simple for him.

What I did notice as I went around town were the boxes out for extra help --toys, food, coats, for those that were not as lucky as I am.

So Nini, you are so right and thank you for the reminder. Sometimes it is easy to fall into the worry, but today is about today. Many people don't have food for tomorrow. I'll still be farmgirl prepared, but living each moment as it happens is what this life is about.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  07:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think that nothing will happen but I will make sure to have my seeds carefully stored after the growing season and have our normal winter food stash on hand. I don't think we will be taking any extra precautions. I think Nini has some wonderful words of wisdom- Thank you, Nini.

Ladies- you might get a chuckle out of this cartoon. Someone posted it on facebook a while back and I had to chuckle.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  08:07:48 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Oh my gosh, girls! I'm just so happy that Diane posted it's supposed to be December 22nd that year - AFTER my birthday! I'll get to have cake and ice cream one last time before we "go"! And I'll be able to eat as much as I want - guilt free! LOL!!! ;) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  08:26:55 AM  Show Profile
Just had a devotion this morning that was so appropriate for this!! Acts 1:7 - "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power" (v. 7).

I am in total agreement with Nini. Only God knows what is in our future. We are not to operate in fear and we ARE to be of use today without worrying about tomorrow. Like Nini, I am concerened about our economy and I look at it like in Old Testament times when God warned Noah to prepare for some really tough times and did the same with Joseph. Unless our heads are in the sand, God has pretty well let us know that if a country doesn't follow Godly principles of finance, it WILL suffer financially. So there you go. That's where we are. Individuals plan accordingly. If you were looking at bankruptcy in your own finances what would you do to prepare? It's that simple. In my case, one of the things that I am experiencing is the DOUBLING of the wholesale price of the fabric that I use in my business. Therefore, because I am keeping up with the commodities market to watch the prices, I have ordered enough fabric at the lowest price to hold me for hopefully a year. That isn't fear. That's just good planning. We can do the same thing with canned goods, nonperishables, etc. But as far as the 2012 thing, I giggled myself silly over Alee's cartoon. Nobody could say it any better! :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  10:32:13 AM  Show Profile
Personally, I'm not worrying about it at all. I'm also going with what our Lord had told the deciples, not even he knew only the Father knows so why worry?

Saw an interesting documentary this week on CBC about 2012, even those so called gurus are begining to change thier tune about what they say will be. Thinking many people are making LOADS of money off of the fears they are prepetuating. Some of these gurus are putting thier funds in Swiss bank accounts if that isn't fishy I don't know what is.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  10:40:58 AM  Show Profile
I don't think it will be any different than any other day. There is always the risk of a disaster, so I try to keep my pantry stocked and bottles of water on hand...I'm not putting much weight behind the claim of the "Last day".

I wish the world would straighten out and fly right anyway. Too much debt, joblessness, and general mayhem going on =( But I don't think 2012 will be any different than any other day

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  1:32:12 PM  Show Profile
No one knows the time and the date ; except My Lord God. hugs sheila

http://www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com/

http://www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Arctic Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Marjorie
Nenana Alaska
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  1:46:04 PM  Show Profile
I must say that I resent being told by the "soothsayers" that the "end is nigh". It keeps some people on the edge of doom and sadness and others trying to figure out how to survive something that has not happened. This is where common sense kicks in for me as a farm girl in the wilderness. I believe in the old addage, " Live each day as if it were your last.!" This way the future is always in the present and each of us can find happiness, love and peace in our own way. I agree with Sheila, No one knows the time and the date ; except My Lord God. And I'm not requesting a rush job from him either on this matter.!LOL!! I say let's go bake some cookies.

Blessings and hugs to you all,
Marjorie

Believe in the power of Love!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  1:51:38 PM  Show Profile
Nothing new, there have always been those that say the end is near and have been saying it for thousands of years. Just stay calm and carry on.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  2:09:02 PM  Show Profile
I hear the kids talk about this alot. I laugh every time they talk about it. In 1979 when I was a senior in high school I heard my mom and dad talking about how the world was supposed to end in 1989. I thought Oh my gosh I'm only going to live to be 28 years old. I married my high school sweet heart and for 10 years off and on I would think about it. Guess what 1989 came and went!! Then every one said they got it wrong it was the year 2000. Well here we are still here!!
With all the news and internet. The word this time has really gotten out there. Nope only God knows when we will go to meet him. He is the Father and ruler of the earth. He created it and he will take it on his time only!!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  8:29:29 PM  Show Profile
Things can change at anytime...it doesnt have to be 2012...And it is changing as we speak..or type..Our world is changing now and will continue to change. We just have to know what is right and what is wrong and do the right thing at all time. And what is right is what GOD has given his word to do...And all will be fine. Have faith and trust in GOD.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  05:59:09 AM  Show Profile
You have to take into consideration that this revelation was made by a culture that worshiped Leopards...I rest my case.

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  06:48:42 AM  Show Profile
If they were smart enough to make a calender that would end all calenders, you'd think they would be smart enough to survive to see the end.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

Colleen Easlon
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Colleen
Port Orford OR
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  6:29:29 PM  Show Profile
Of course none of us know when the end will happen, though I saw an interesting show on discovery regarding the Mayan calendar, and it mentioned that the world will not be destroyed in 2012, but there will be a major change that happens on that day. Again though, of course I don't know. Here is a website you might be interested in www.arewelivinginthelastdays.com Once you get on to the website, scroll down and it gives you daily world events.

Colleen
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  05:23:11 AM  Show Profile
The only day you have is today. No one but God knows how long we have to live. TODAY IS THE DAY! Live it as if it is the only day you have. What if you worry about 2012 all year in 2012 and on Dec. 31 2012 at 12:00 p.m. nothing happens and it is now 2013 and you spent all the time worrying for nothing? Time wasted. Even if it is the end, we can do nothing about it.

Trust in the Lord. His love is beyond our understanding.

Hugs,
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  07:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
If the world ends in 2012 I know where I'll be...Dancing through the pearly gates celebrating with my Lord! He said so and I Belive Him!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  08:31:11 AM  Show Profile
I'll be right there dancing along side you, Darlene! Just be careful - I have two left feet! LOL!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  12:11:48 PM  Show Profile
I live for today. We are never promised tomorrow. So why get all up in arms about a 2012 revelation from a culture that as someone said...worshiped leopards . Or beheaded people. God knows when He will return and when he will take us home. All I got to say ! lol !!

Hugs...Kristy
"Live like you were dyin'"
Sis #2339
Scattered Prairie Gals Chapter
http://www.myhealingthroughartstory.blogspot.com
My studio Blog- http://www.lostcreekstudio.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  1:42:30 PM  Show Profile
I must be out of the loop too. what was said will happen?? guess I can't worry about something I don't know about!!! hehehehehe wouldn't worry anyway. too many time things were said and they came and went!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic 2012?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page