lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  3:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello Jewish farmgirl sisters! Happy Channukah tonight and for the next eight days! Do you have any special ways to decorate for the chag? I personally love decorating and am celebrating my first Channukah in my own house (I actually live in the basement apartment of my university's Chabad family haha)!

Anyway, I found some great Channukah mugs for 49 cents each at a local thrift...I bought 8! I also got a wine glass with blue and white snowflakes on the rim (not tacky, but cute-looking) and filled it with gelt. I had a small glass candy dish and I filled it with colorful dreidels of all sizes and put that on display.

Chag sameach!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  9:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Channukah to you to Chelsey!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

J.F. Brown
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Jamie
Beaverton OR
USA
130 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  12:46:27 PM  Show Profile
We had the yearly latke fest last night! Small group... only nine! This year my youngest will be at school until the 24th, so I sent battery candles (No flame in the dorm!) and small daily treats, including a blue cloth with silver snowflakes. We light the menorah every night, and play music, too!
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Channukah Sameach! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page