horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  07:45:08 AM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls, I am so excited to start a chapter in my area, Monroe, Georgia. I have received my packet, but have many questions. Sure could use some help in, how to name chapter, I have press release,where did you post it,how often to meet, your mission,etc. Thanks for your help . marie

Bridlewood Farm

RueAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tracy
Brook Park OH
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  7:42:18 PM  Show Profile
Marie,

Hi! I'm just starting a chapter in Cleveland, OH. Perhaps we can brainstorm together on ways to get started?

Rue Ann
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  4:16:38 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RueAnn

Marie,

Hi! I'm just starting a chapter in Cleveland, OH. Perhaps we can brainstorm together on ways to get started?

Rue Ann

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  4:22:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rue Ann, thanks for offering to brainstorm together. Sorry for the error reply back hit wrong button. So far I have been trying to get word out mostly by talking to others about the magazine, and what farmgirl is all about. Everyone I have spoken to wants me to wait until new year to start. So hopefully by that time I will have all the details. Just throw out any ideas and I will do the same we'll kick it around. Marie

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  4:52:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rue Ann and Marie, I hope to start a new chapter in Morris, IL. I have a couple farmgirl friends (4)- we're planning to make it official in Jan. We're going to have a brainstorming meeting at my house on Monday. I received my packet and hope to get some good ideas from some other farmgirls. I know there's a chapter in Plainfield - the leader has been helpful. I've just been slow... I'm sure we can help each other. Best of luck.. Keep in touch (PS - Rue Ann, I use to live in Wadsworth OH and have a friend from Rocky River)

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  6:06:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tea Lady

Hi Rue Ann and Marie, I hope to start a new chapter in Morris, IL. I have a couple farmgirl friends (4)- we're planning to make it official in Jan. We're going to have a brainstorming meeting at my house on Monday. I received my packet and hope to get some good ideas from some other farmgirls. I know there's a chapter in Plainfield - the leader has been helpful. I've just been slow... I'm sure we can help each other. Best of luck.. Keep in touch (PS - Rue Ann, I use to live in Wadsworth OH and have a friend from Rocky River)

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com

i grew up in rocky river-class of 72......

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

RueAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tracy
Brook Park OH
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  6:08:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I'm thinking of posting some info at our local winter farmers markets, possibly in the rural community newspaper, and maybe the library though I know they have rules about what's allowed, and I'm not positive what they are. Too bad you don't live here any longer Lorraine- I'm newish to Ohio and still figuring my way around! If your Rocky River friend is a farmgirl I'd love to have her in the chapter! I think you're both right about waiting until January to start, it's too hectic to try to get anything going right now! Please keep in touch, both of you, and best of luck with your chapters!

Rue Ann
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2010 :  5:07:14 PM  Show Profile
I look forward to brainstorming with you farmgirls. I also wanted to post in our community paper, library, fed stores, I have my packet, and have look at the press release(is this the official way to post our chapter)??? Marie

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

ladylace
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Donna
Duluth Georgia
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  06:55:09 AM  Show Profile
I am in Duluth Georgia. I am hoping after the first of the year to start a chapter. Wouldnt it be great if all the chapters in Georgia would meet locally or do we already do that ? I am so new the ink isnt even dry on my number. lol. I am so excited.
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  11:15:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi,Glad to hear you're going to start one in Duluth. However, the ink has only been dry on my membership since October, newbie too. Would love to toss ideas around with you. I have tried to find more chapters in Georgia, but so far no replies, maybe busy. If you locate a Georgia please pass info on please. Have A Very Merry Christmas and A BlESSED New Year!!!

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  3:52:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi All - I'm still waiting until January to start. I planned a srategizing session with a couple farmgirls - but the holidays got too hectic - so we cancelled. As you can tell, I haven't been able to even keep up with this! Margo - my friend is a little older than you - Her first name is Chris - I hesitate to put her last name here w/out her permission - but if you're curious, send me an email and I'll send it to you. Tracy - my friend no longer lives in OH - and in all honesty, not much of a farmgirl - a wonderful person, but no farmgirl. I always felt like "City Mouse, Country Mouse" when we got together. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing all of you a joyous 2011! Keep warm - and drink more tea.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  9:15:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lorraine, Thanks so much I would love to contact Chris and brainstorm with her on starting a chapter. Thanks again Marie

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  4:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marie - I don't think the Chris I was talking about is interested in starting a chapter - I may have miscommunicated something. Sorry about that.

However, on a more productive note - a good friend and I got together to strategize about our chapter. We are calling it the Prairie Moon Cabin Chapter. Another newbie farmgirl was suppose to join us, but had car problems - so we're getting together again this Friday. This is so much fun. Between planning the chapter and reading all the seed catalogues that come in the mail - Life is good. 2011 is off to a great start.

Does anyone know if I have to "register the name" or anything like that???? Our plan is to figure it out as we go - and have fun along the way

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  5:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lorraine, Great name I love it, I have cabin fever right now. Gandchildren have been with me for 3 weeks now. What are some of yourplans for your chapter? Will you have a mission plan? How will your chapter relate to the community. Am I trying to hard at starting this chapter?Marie

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  07:15:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lorraine and all farmgirls starting a new chapter, may I ask what was in your packet? I believe I have not received the correct packet, I seem to only have my membership packet. Will contact Mary Jane but was curious, also if we have any established Georgia chapters I would love to talk to you. Thanks, Marie

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  3:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marie - I received a packet with membership certificates, bumper stickers, Farmgirl friendship cards, and an intro letter with an example of a journal - which is very nice. I haven't thought as far ahead as how to get the word out - other than word of mouth. We talked about a mission statement but didn't formalize anything yet. We also talked about doing quarterly field trips. Our plan is to make our meetings a combination of learning something (knitting is scheduled for Feb) and just getting together to have fun. Another farmgirl goes to another chapter ~ 30 miles from me. I talked with her leader once and she was very helpful. This is a tough time of year to get going - cabin fever is running rampant. And in our area, you never know what the weather will have in store. Hang in there - I think its worth the effort. If you want to email me, I can forward some info from the other farmgirl leader - it might help. Take care,

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

CindyLous
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Cindy
Keizer OR
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  8:37:36 PM  Show Profile
I am interested in what you come up with. I know there has to be active chapters out there with some ideas. I even think I have some active chapters close by. I just get a little discouraged when I so want to know what they are up to and can't find out. I haven't given up yet.
One of the things I was thinking about is doing a gift bag (swag bag) of some form or fashion for the sisters that come to the first chapter meeting. I thought of including an apron pattern, maybe a little something to stitch, a recipe, that type of thing. One of the things I'm going to suggest is looking at the merit badges and seeing which ones we can work on together; example Christmas ornaments, button jewelry, homemade cards and gifts. Maybe there is something there that will spark an idea for you also.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  3:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy - It sounds to me like you have some great ideas. I haven't gotten very far along. We're going to have someone teach us to knit in February and we made a list of other things we want to accomplish. I like your idea of working on merit badges together - it would help motivate me... Good luck with everything. And don't give up!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:38:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy, Sounds like you have great ideas, I too like working together on merit badges. I email Iris and received my correct packet, they may have mailed it to me, but somehow my husband can not remember getting it. So, now I can get started. We are planning to hold the first meeting at our local library, just to see what kind of turn out we get.The gift bag(membership bag) sounds great!!!Thanks for sharing those ideas. I know some of our farmgirls want to hold a seed swap, learn to knit, canning/jelly making, and see if we can get our community interested in a communty garden. We,ll all make it formimg our group, we just so excited our brain is on overload, not to mention as you said CABIN FEVER, down here in the south we have never had 6 inches of snow, so naturally our world shut down till Thursday. Go figure the SOUTH!!! Good luck!!!

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  07:05:20 AM  Show Profile
I am trying to get a farmgirl chapter started up here in my area and I really need some idea's on how. I got the starter packet, almost done unpacking things and I have 2 small kids. I have been going to church and slowly meeting some people and so far no one is interested. They are all "too busy" to come hang out. So I was thinking about starting small and just have some "girl time" and since I have kids they can bring their kids so its like a playdate and mom time all in one! I haven't gotten to meet country girls yet and I know once I start meeting more country girls it will be easier to get together. I really don't have too many neighbors. Any tips would be appreciated! I was thinking when the weather gets a little bit warmer so its easier taking the kids out by myself I could make some cupcakes and get to know the neighbors a little better. Thanks!

~We can make the world a better place for our kids and future generations by what we do today!~
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  07:02:18 AM  Show Profile
Countrymommy85, I too have a small child in my home,I am raising a three year old grandson, so its been a slow start. I have set up with our local library to use a meeting room, it will be announced on our local radio station using the sample media release from Mary Jane. I have started also what I"m calling membership bags with some recipe cards, pattern also for a project,some local info,pocket calendar from local merchant,and MJ info, bumper stickers, etc. I think once the weather breaks you will se more interest, I had this schedulced for Jan. we had snow and since we have never had 6 inches the state of Ga. shut down. Keep me posted on your progress and I will also. Good Luck

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

FG Vicki
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Vicki M
Etna CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  11:26:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, I have just started a farmgirl chapter in our area and like the rest of you it seems I'm looking for ideas for our first meeting. We have about 8 women interested and I think we will just have a meeting to get to know one another and to brainstrom about where to go from there. As I was looking for ideas I noticed someone asking about a hen house , is this different then a chapter group? So much to know !!!!
Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Vicki

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything"
Vincent van Gogh
Go to Top of Page

Susan Domer
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Susan
Craig Colorado
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  7:12:21 PM  Show Profile
We are starting our new chapter here in Craig Colorado...planning on having our first get together on Fri. still don't have my packet but Brian told me he would mail it on Mon. ... should make it by friday...I hope. It has been -35 in Craig the past few days so coffee and goodies with girlfriends will great fun. Any help from others would be wonderful... It is helpfull reading everyones posts
Susan
Go to Top of Page

cottagefarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Cathy
Marion NC
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  2:46:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi, We are starting one here in NC. I haven't gotten the packet yet but wait anxiously for it. I will be checking back as we get things rolling. I will post ideas as well as reading any that you all post. Good to see that you all are as excited as I am.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Susan Domer
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Susan
Craig Colorado
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  5:34:34 PM  Show Profile
We had so much fun at our first meeting! We have lots of ideas and plans. We will be meeting once a month, however we are a social bunch and I bet we will be getting together more often. This friday one of the sisters is going to show us how to can chicken. I have done tomatoes and peaches so canning meat will be all new to me!
Susan
Go to Top of Page

dprovence
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Debbie
Little Rock AR
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  08:28:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

I learned so much just from reading all of your wonderful ideas on starting a chapter that I didn't even need to ask the question! I am starting a new chapter here in the Central Arkansas area and haven't even gotten my packet yet but have had my first potential member contact me!!!! wooo hooo this is gonna be sooo much fun! Again thanks for all of the great info on starting a new chapter and I didn't even have to ask!!! SMYLE!

Debbie #2636
Farmgirl Sisters at Heart chapter
Little Rock, AR
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic starting a chapter Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page