Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  12:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love my new steam mop! It does such a great job. It's just a lighter weight one I guess somewhat equivalent of a swiffer wet-jet.

But I love that it lifts the dirt off the floor with steam. No cleaning solutions or chemicals are needed. It came with 2 reusable microfiber clothes and they really pick up the dirt. I have been doing it every day since Friday and if anything the pads are picking up more each time. It makes me wonder what kind of build up we had on our floors! ICK!

Anyone else have a steam mop? I would love to have a bigger full-house steam system with a steamer for the bathroom and stuff. Maybe next year!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

gmapat
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Pat
Johnston Iowa
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  2:47:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee
I have a steam cleaner I use for my kitchen floor. I really like the fact no chemicals. At times when I haven't had time to clean the floor, I have used a safe wood cleaner. The floor dries so much faster too.

the supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved
Go to Top of Page

hawkin_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Micah
Austin Texas
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  9:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Send hawkin_farmgirl an AOL message  Send hawkin_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE mine! Probably one of my best purchases. It works so well, especially in picking up dog hair that I miss when I sweep. And I love the lack of chemicals. Plus, the faster drying time is great. And its so much easier to pull out and clean up messes than a regular mop.

We plan on moving in July and finally buying a house. Most likely we'll look for one with mostly hard floors and no carpet. I will most definitely be buying something larger, if that's the route we take.

*Micah*
Farmgirl Sister #1478
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  5:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee,
Which one did you get?

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  6:38:52 PM  Show Profile
I have the Shark vacuum/steam mop and love it! Like you Alee, I feel better using steam to clean my floors with and not some chemical. It does a superb job on my Pergo, oak and ceramic tile floors.

My Swiffer is collecting dust in the back of the closet.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  7:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nicole- I got the Shark Steam Mop- just the basic version (without the vacuum cleaner bit- Dawn you are a lucky gal!). It kindof looks like a swiffer actually. I like that I can just plug it in and it heats up so quickly. Hardly any wait at all.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  2:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'd love to get one, but my dh worries that the finish on the new floors(bamboo, wood, cork and vinyl) might be damaged from heat/water. Is that not a problem? I sure want one, too.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  3:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think it would be a problem as long as you are using it as directed aka not leaving it in one place. Also if you are worried a lighter duty one like mine would probably be better. I would contact the manufacturer's of your floor though to double check.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  8:12:42 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I bought a McCullough steam cleaner off of Amazon and I LOVE it. It reminds me of my grandmother's canister vacuum, lol. It has several attachments, but mainly I use the small scrubbing attachment and the floor attachment. Ain't no clean like steam clean! Lol.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  3:12:12 PM  Show Profile
So the Shark one is ok with hard wood floors? I am craving one but, was worried because we have hardwood in the kitchen.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  1:19:25 PM  Show Profile
I have solid oak floors in my living & dining rooms, Pergo in my kitchen and ceramic tile in the bathrooms. The Shark steam cleaning/vacuum has done a superb job on all of them and it hasn't caused any damage. I've been using mine for a month now and am very happy with the results. Like Alee said, don't leave it too long on the wood or ceramic tiles, keep moving. I am very happy to not use chemicals. It works on water only and has 4 washable mop heads that come with it. It will pay for itself and is better for the environment.

Dawn in IL

Edited by - ddmashayekhi on Dec 24 2010 3:09:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  4:18:38 PM  Show Profile
ok, I think I got a really great deal. I went to Big Lots and saw the Shark for 79. and then I went to Target and they had it for 69. the girl said that they were in the wrong place and if I had any problem at the register to call for her. I had no problems and am really excited to get it at such a good price. I was drooling over the attachments so maybe they just wanted me out of the store... I
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  5:48:34 PM  Show Profile
I use mine on oak floors BUT here in my new house, they have never been refinished, so some is bare wood, while other places are shellacked. I don't care as long as it's clean and doesn't ruin the floor, which I have not experienced. My other floors were oak with a polyurethane and I did not notice any damage to them. I'd just say use with caution and move quickly :0) But, I'm not a flooring expert, either.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  1:34:54 PM  Show Profile
I got a Shark last fall and love it as well. We had a flood in our house (broken pipe) and we had over a hundred gallons of water on our hardwood floors on the lower level. So had them replaced and the guy who installed the new floor said not to use any water on them to clean - thus the reason to get the Shark. I have tile in the kitchen and laundry room and the rest is hardwood and the Shark cleans like a dream. It's just so easy. A friend tried it out and got one for herself and her daughter at Target on sale. She loves it too. I agree - it's amazing how much yuck it picks up each time you use it. I really does make you wonder.
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  7:08:26 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I just got a Shark last week. Planning on using it tomorrow on all my floors.
Thank you for the good reports. I am hoping to clean my floors without any more messes.
Tammyb
sisterchick #541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  10:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tammy- I think you will love it! I love that I can whip it out for a quick touch up or really go slow and do a super good job on the floor.

My husband even notices when the floor has been steamed! It's amazing. I seriously can't believe it took me so long to get one. I love it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  06:08:22 AM  Show Profile
i use my shark on wood floors also. i just do not let it sit in one spot. i keep it moving. i love it. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

HookAngel
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Bren
CA
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  10:20:25 PM  Show Profile
I have and use the Haan slim and light steamer... it is awesome! So easy to use , without any chemical and yes it drys quickly. We love that it disinfects too.
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  10:25:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alee :)

I just bought an Oreck Steam-It with some Santa money over the weekend to help with our flea issue and to help keep an old, country schoolhouse clean. So far so good. I was not too sure of it at 1st after reading the mixed reviews.

I feel the same way...why did I wait so long to get one...LOL
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  10:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Im so glad someone posted this!! I have been wanting to get one and all you ladies just gave me the nudge to do it!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  01:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I'ma wanting a steam mop BADLY! Right now I don't ever feel as though I've gotten my floors clean enough, plus all the cleaning agents send me into sneezing frenzies!!! Hmmm...birthday coming up so it's time to nudge the DH.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan ~ Farmgirl Sister #1978
Fiber artist, spins, knits, crochets, sews, weaves, quilts, soap maker, as well as various beauty products and some natural cosmetics
Working on getting my Etsy website and blog up and running - stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  04:56:45 AM  Show Profile
I too got a Steam Mop (Bissell) just before Christmas. My main reason for purchasing one was because I was extremley tired of lugging a bucket of water and mop across the floor....my kitchen, laundry room, finished basement, bathrooms, it was just too much hauling for me and too way too many chemicals in the air...so I bought one...and I LOVE IT!!! Mopping wore me out and ruined me for the rest of the day, but this makes it so much easier and healthier. Don't regret purchasing it one bit:)
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Steam Mop Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page