CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  3:22:01 PM  Show Profile
well, i'll be danged ef'fen that little 'cough-ette' of mine that i boarded the airplane with headed for Disney World .. didn't darn-well turn into a full blown case of PNEUMONIA! Had to miss a coupla' days of the Magic Kingdom ... to 'rest up' .. but still managed to have a grande time! (And i did get to visit EVERY theme park!

I had a 'dry tickle' in my throat and coughed and coughed all night .. by the fourth day .. i was convinced i had seriously torn a muscle or broken a rib! was considering going to an emergency clinic .. but since we were getting on the plane the next morning .. decided to wait t'il we hit the ground in toledo! went directly to the emergency room at a hospital not far from our daughter's home .. and had x-rays on my ribs and lungs .. no broken ribs .. but PNEUMONIA in my left lung. LORDY! i had no idea pneumonia HURT so much ... i am NOT going to be a good patient when i get to "THE HOME". I swear .. everytime i coughed, sneezed, hick-upped .. (THAT only happened once thank goodness!!) .. blew my nose .. twisted, turned, reached, pushed, pulled ... it felt like someone was stabbing me with a big rusty butcher knife and twisting it! Last time i had pain like this .. was after my hysterectomy!

Am spending an extra day or two here in Toledo hoping the antibiotics will clear it up for the 6 hour car ride home.

Have any of you kids ever had pneumonia? Did it hurt like this? I didn't realize i was such a SISSY when it comes to PAIN! Lordy! if this is what 65 feels like .. i'm taking applications from anyone who is willing to shoot me on my 66th!

O.K. .. now that i've 'poor pitied me' .. i must tell you what a delightful time it was being with our little grandson on this wonderous vacation.

It is absolutely amazing the endless energy and enthusiasm that our four year old grandson (and his five year old father!!!) have! Frankie (our son-in-love) celebrated his 34th birthday the day before me while we were in Florida ... and he was like the energizer bunny! i always thought that "I" was a bundle of energy .. but that boy was like greased lightening! Up with the sun .. and i don't think there is a hair-raising ride that he did not go on several times! And always, at night, he would take little Lucas down to the pool for a midnight swim! And Lucas rode atop his shoulders throughout much of the day. We are so blessed to have a young man who is as sweet and kind and caring as is our very own dear daughter.

We all took lots and lots of pictures .. and i'll be posting some of them on my 'blog' when i get back home.

Our little Wednesday held up like a trooper carying that little bowling ball belly around for seven straight days with never a nap. And oh how happy my heart is .. it was so fulfilling to me as her mom .. to watch her with her own child. I honesly always thought that "I" was the world's best mom .. but .. she is what motherhood is all about.

Honey Hunk and I have so enjoyed this time with them .. and we plan to take them on a fun adventure vacation every year! oh gurlfrenz .. enjoy every single moment of your life .. even the 'owie' ones! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  4:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Hope you feel all better! The amonia (as my kids always called it!) is HORRID. Only had it once but hope to never have it again...it is miserable. And painful and you feel drained for weeks. Looking forward to the pictures!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  4:20:07 PM  Show Profile
hey miz susan .. how are you feeling after your big "o" ... i liken my side pain to my tummy pain after my 'hysterical-ectomy'.

hope we are both up and dancin' soon!

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  4:25:37 PM  Show Profile
oh p.s. gotta' let all you farmgirls know that the only magazines i took with me on vacation were m.j.'s .. and they kept me busy reading and re-reading while laid up those couple days on vacation. (oh .. and i did get a library copy of anne of green gables and read it from cover to cover too!) what a charming book .. gonna' go see if we have any new chapters of our new anne of green gables farmgirl book! xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  4:37:45 PM  Show Profile
Feel better soon Franny, can't stop now, here we go, lets go, speed it up, right after you rest for, oh we will give you a full week, these things take a hold and you don't want it to come back, so rest and take your meds.
HUGS NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  6:02:39 PM  Show Profile
oh nancy darlin' .. i hope it does go away within a week! i was supposed to head for Missouri next weekend for a gurlfren gathering .. then to BIKE VIRGINIA with honey hunk for a week. me fears both of those little trip-ettes are off my agenda! gonna' just do what you said and take care of me!

xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  6:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,
So glad you enjoyed your trip even tho the 'amonia' got ya. Now you'll have to go back again so you can see what ya missed. Your right to sit around and re-cupe. You'll enjoy the other stuff more if your better.
I so enjoy your threads as you have such a great way with words. After seeing your past jobs , I now understand not only your gift with words,but also why you like living in the country and why your current job is 'playing all day'.
I'd love to visit Cabin creek, but Ga is a little far for a day trip right now.
Okay time for you to rest those ribs and keep calm so there is no coughing.
Feel Better Soon!!!

Later, Teddie
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  6:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie, glad your feling better. Yes, I had it and it hurt. it was terrible. Lasted a couple of weeks. Glad your on the mend.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  7:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Hope you're feeling better soon Frannie...so sorry you had to be sick on your vacation. I thought of you last Tuesday actually...sort of had a "terminex man" incident. I was walking along our river bank and it gave way...I fell six feet onto the rocks in the river ('nother story). Anyway, who has to be outside but my daughter's boyfriend and here's her old mother, braless no less, in a wet tshirt. Lordy I hope I didn't scar him for life!

Di

http://www.daisyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  8:49:33 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, you take good care of yourself, ya here? Pneumonia is nothing! to mess around with. It'll take hold of ya and shake the livin right out of ya if you aren't careful. Practice the 4 R's of Recovery: Rest, Rest, Rest, Rest. Your vacation sounds wonderful. Looking forward to your pictures!! Say if you do bike Virginia and are anywhere near Richmond, let me know!

Hugs and lots of love,
Aunt George
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  10:15:56 PM  Show Profile
oh been there with pnuemonia...had it several times. Last time was when I traveled to Arkansas and Oklahoma in March of this year. Knocks you on your ever lovin' behind!

Hubby and I have done the Disney World and theme parks...but it was September and so very humid...I seemed to just sweat through the whole thing. Of course, wearing shorts with my white legs showing in the pics leaves something to be desired, too! We went just days after 911...had the trip planned and braved it.

Frannie, how was the weather at this time of year?

Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  11:28:19 PM  Show Profile
I have had it several times too..including the last two springs..wonderful to NOT have it this year. I hate that "beat up and left to die" feeling I have with it!! Get better soon!! It does take awhile though so take it easy!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  11:02:26 AM  Show Profile
Sooo glad you had a good time with the kids! Sorry you got sick tho and hoping you feel better soooon~~
I had pneumonia once and DID end up with broken ribs...! Amen on the rusty knife!!
Take care~~ Jan
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  1:02:47 PM  Show Profile
Frannie- So sorry you had to deal with pneumonia on your vacation. I don't think there is anything worse that being sick when you are trying to have fun. Hope you get better soon!! It sure hasn't done anything to your sense of humor. You take care.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  2:58:52 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Frannie, kick that cold right out of you!! Get well soon and have a safe trip homewards! Looking forward to seeing all the pics! Take special care of yourself so it doesn't come back on you!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  4:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I also am sorry you got the newmonia on vacation! Peewwey! I had it when I was five... and remember it like it was yesterday. Having to turn over... and take nasty medicine when I really just wanted to be left alone to die! Rest! And, you all who've had it more than once, my heart aches for you.

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Kate Talley
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  8:53:14 PM  Show Profile
I am just getting over a nasty case of the "newmoanie" myself. This time was terrible! I was sick for a month! Not so fun when you have 4 little girls to take care of!

Rest rest rest. And drink plenty Gypsy tea.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:07:36 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to visit Cabin creek, but Ga is a little far for a day trip right now.
Teddie
[/quote]

oh honey-chile .. you don't have to turn around and go back home .. we have a mos' wunnerful STRANGER ROOM with two twin beds that can be your home sweet home while visiting kentucky!

honestly, i do hope you will amble up this way sometime this summer. (jus' wait t'il this KRUD is over .. don't want you taking home this little souvenir of pewwww-monia!)

i hope to have another 'farmgirl gathering' sometime soon!

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:11:28 AM  Show Profile
Say if you do bike Virginia and are anywhere near Richmond, let me know!

Hugs and lots of love,
Aunt George
[/quote]

=========

hey gurlfren .. IF i decide to go to Bike Virginia this year .. i'll sure let you know our schedule. we can 'do tea'!

xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:13:41 AM  Show Profile
I was walking along our river bank and it gave way...I fell six feet onto the rocks in the river ('nother story). Anyway, who has to be outside but my daughter's boyfriend and here's her old mother, braless no less, in a wet tshirt. Lordy I hope I didn't scar him for life!

Di

+++++++++++++++

oh di .. hope you didn't get bumps and bruises .. but it did give me a giggle! i guess these young men have to get educated one way or t'other! xo,

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:16:29 AM  Show Profile
I have had it several times too..including the last two springs..wonderful to NOT have it this year. I hate that "beat up and left to die" feeling I have with it!! Get better soon!! It does take awhile though so take it easy!!

+++++++++++++++++

my sister seems to get pneumonia about once a month .. this is my FIRST bout with it .. and i don't ever want to get it again! ALSO .. this was the first year in a long time that i did NOT get the FLU shot (shortage here in Kentucky) .. i surely won't let THAT happen again!

i have to cancel two upcoming trips because of this awful coughful .. but that is o.k. .. i also need to jus' sit and make some more dollies! xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:20:36 AM  Show Profile
Of course, wearing shorts with my white legs showing in the pics leaves something to be desired, too! We went just days after 911...had the trip planned and braved it.

Frannie, how was the weather at this time of year?

Pamela
=====================

oh pamela gurlfren .. i used "TAN IN A CAN" .. probably not great with all those chemicals sucking through my skin .. but there was NO WAY .. these lilly-whites were going to see the light of day all over Disney World!

Our weather was FABULOUS! it was hot at times .. but we never really did get so hot we couldn't stand it. The kids visited the 'water parks' while i was 'laid up' in the hotel room ... and that was o.k. with me .. cuz' i'm not a big 'water person' anyhoo .. and can't you jus' see the STREAKS of fake tan running down my body!

only had one light shower while we were there. luckily, they put those little 'water sprinkler spritzers' throughout the parks for hot, hot days. xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:22:38 AM  Show Profile
I am just getting over a nasty case of the "newmoanie" myself. This time was terrible! I was sick for a month! Not so fun when you have 4 little girls to take care of!

Rest rest rest. And drink plenty Gypsy tea.

==========

oh you poor chile' .. i couldn't take care of myself much less four little ones! god love ya! now .. tell me .. the ingredients for
GYPSY TEA, please. xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  09:57:10 AM  Show Profile
So sorry, Frannie.
Glad you at least got to enjoy your children and grandson. Can't wait to see mine. Have to wait til August, but then we'll all be together for 10 days. Rest and relax. I finished two more dollies Saturday. One of these days I'll get them up on the stitching page.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Kate Talley
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  1:11:28 PM  Show Profile
The gypsy tea has Elder Flower, Yarrow, peppermint, hyssop, rosehip, cinnamon bark, ginger... I make it with lots of honey, it definately isn't a substitute for medicine, but it really helps me feel better. It helps me "clear out"

You should be able to find the Traditional Medicinal brand teas (maker of the gypsy tea) at the grocery store, or definately at a natural food store.
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  11:48:00 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, You poor thing! I'm glad you're back home where you can relax and take care of yourself. I figured Mickey would want to run away with you while you were there. Who's more fun than Mickey Mouse? Frannie, for sure. By the way, my one and only trip to DisneyWorld as an adult came with the hospital sidetrip as well. We had to rush my husband to the Emergency Room. Turns out he had some strange and violent stomach flu (or food poisoning) that left him weak and dehydrated. Take it easy as long as you can stand it. Try that Gypsy Tea.

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pneumonia in La-La Land! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page