simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  02:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's Thanksgiving eve... and i am up [been up since 3am] and am starting to prepare dinner for tomorrow.... I have peeled potatoes this morning and got then prepped for cooking tomorrow.

Later, i plan to head to the gym with my Zach and make a list and plan the the rest of my day's preperation... i have family coming tonight and i will need to clean-up and get beds ready...

In total, i will have 17 adults and 4 children having dinner tomorrow... and i have chosen the 'non-stress' approach! LOL... just plan for what i can... prep for what i can... and let the rest just happen!

Hope your day is wonderful!!!

Hugs,
Jamie

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
Ashley Smith

Check out my blog!! http://thehappycalamity.blogspot.com/

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  04:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning, Jamie! That's a great way to look at the holiday! I wish I had the day to prep and get ready for the 12-16 family member who will be here tomorrow, but I have to work all day. It will be ok though. I'm sure the kids will pitch and help later this evening.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  11:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Jamie! Sounds like you are busy!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  5:49:40 PM  Show Profile
I have just finished my cooking. I usually do the baking and she does the cooking. We are having 12 people over and that is the most she has cooked for. She has called several times toda to ask me directions to some things she is cooking. I made 2 things I dont usually make. I made strawberry pie instead of an apple pie. Also I made the beautiful sweet potato pie on the front of the Southern Living Mag this month. It looks great...I hope it tastes as good as it looks. Jamie I hope you didnt work to hard today....and I hope ALL have a wonderful and thankful day tomorrow.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Good Morning everyone!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page