Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Christmas books?! Next Topic  

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  12:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone know of some really good Christmas books to read this time of year?
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  5:17:34 PM  Show Profile
I can't remember the author's name but he wrote "The Homecoming" which was the basis for the Waltons TV show. I guess it's still in print. It's really good.
Cindy

"There is more to life than increasing its speed". Mahatma Gandhi

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  5:26:45 PM  Show Profile
The Homecoming was printed in 1965 and the author is a nobel laureate Harold Pinter.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  09:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Cindy and Betty!!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  1:09:18 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Macomber has several ones out, they are very good. I just read Linda Lael Miller's McKettrick Christmas, set out west that one was good too
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  2:57:02 PM  Show Profile
I have seen lots of Debbie Macomber ones out too. I haven't read any, but I've heard many good things about them!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  03:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Hannah, Louisa May Alcott wrote a Christmas book. I can't remember the name of it, but I know my girls and I read it when they were teenagers. There is always Dickens' Christmas Carol.
If you want silly, there's John Grisham's Skipping Christmas. The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck is one I will be reading this year.
Last year I found the The Christmas Train by David Baldacci and really enjoyed it!
That's all I can think of for now!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  05:56:04 AM  Show Profile
The Homecoming was written by Earl Hamner Jr. who also wrote Spencers Mountain. It is one of my favorite books. He also was the narrator on the series the Waltons and the series and the books were written about his family.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  08:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you soo much Brenda and Sheri! I will go and see if they have them at the library!
Hugs!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

gracylfreebush
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Gracy
Alvin TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  09:44:41 AM  Show Profile
I read a really cut one recently called Santa Paws about a dog. It is very light and readable.

Thoughts are things choose the good ones.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  10:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Gracy!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Christmas books?! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page