Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Does anyone like pampered chef stuff?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Does anyone like pampered chef stuff? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  07:42:42 AM  Show Profile
I was just curious if anyone liked pampered chef stuff. I have a few items and seem to like it. Especially the bamboo spoons. They work great in my CI pans.

God is good all the time!!

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1145 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1145 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  08:34:09 AM  Show Profile
I have a few Pampered Chef things, but I have found that typically, you can find virtually identical items for much less. That's just my take on it.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  08:45:03 AM  Show Profile
I have a few things that have been given to me (I've received the vegetable chopper 3 times as a gift!), and I bought the pizza cutter and stone at a party, which I like, but don't use nearly enough. I thought I'd use the stone more, but I just need to find more things to use it for :)

I don't use the vegetable chopper at all...I chop by hand because I'm really fast and I hated the noise and the 4 parts you had to clean instead of a knife and a chopping board. So, the 3 I've received have found good homes, hopefully, after being donated to the Salvation Army!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  08:57:48 AM  Show Profile
We love our pizza stone & use it all of the time. I was also given the stoneware loaf pan & use it to make my meatloaf in!!

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  09:00:56 AM  Show Profile
I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant and found that some of the stuff was really good and some of it was really bad and I just couldn't push the really bad stuff. I gave it up and started my own business and now I can pick and choose the items that I think are quality items. I am just getting started in the kitchen items. If you are interested, go to the website and if there is something that you are looking for but that isn't on the website, email me from the contact page and I will get it for you just as cheaply as I can. Of course, I'll let you know before you order what it will cost. Just let me know you are a Farmgirl for this discount! :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  11:35:07 AM  Show Profile
I like the stuff and yes it is a little pricy but if you just get the stuff you know you are gonna use then it is usully the cheap stuff. I have found that everything that i wanted in the book was stuff that was cheap. I am having a party tomorrow night and there is a platter and serving fork that i want. The platter cost 52 and the fork cost 17 that is 69 BUT if my other orders come to over 60 then in can get the platter and the fork together for 27.50 now i think that is a good deal.

Edited by - Marcia30 on Nov 15 2010 11:36:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  12:25:40 PM  Show Profile
I really do like Pampered Chef stuff, but everyone is right, it's pricey (price of a home demonstration/party plan), and you really can find many similar items elsewhere. I do, however, have one of their stones that I use regularly for making bread. I have tried other stones, but they aren't the same quality. And Marcia, it's always fun to get together with the girls! If everyone takes a turn, buying something small that they need at each other's shows so that everyone can get one big ticket item as a hostess, then it's not only a great way to get together with the girls (and sample some yummy goodies in the process), but it can really help everyone get their one "dream" item at a fraction of the cost - or better yet, for free! Have fun! I wish I lived closer! I'm sure I could find something to add to your order! Have fun! Good luck! :) - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  12:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Marcia - actually, there IS something I need from them... Do they have a way for me to purchase online from your show and have it shipped here? I would be happy to order so that you receive credit! Let me know! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  1:57:11 PM  Show Profile
I truly love some of the Pampered Chef things, especially the stoneware. I have a few pieces of the bamboo and some of the little kitchen gadgets that are truly cool. Having a party myself on 12/5 if anyone wants to order something. And, Nini, if Marcia has not responded, I believe that there is a way that you can order from her party. if she doesn't respond,I'll ask my consultant how you can order from her party.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  2:17:33 PM  Show Profile
Cool! Thank you, Jonnie! I bet I could order from both! Please check with your consultant and let me know what I need to do to order from Marcia's - and your show, too. I may need a reminder - just because it'll be full-swing holiday time at that point - but please do feel free to shoot me an email so I don't forget, okay? I would really appreciate that! Thank you so much! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  4:14:50 PM  Show Profile
I just went to a party a few weeks ago. I had a few parties years ago and won all kinds of things. My very favorite thing is the big white rubber spatula-spoon-scraper thing. It's about $15. I have used that thing so much it started spliting. Plus my granddaughter chewed on it. So I had to get a new one. It feels different. Not as heavy. But still good. I have alot of their things. Use them all the time.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  6:07:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey nini i sent you an email about how you can order from me. I really appreciate it so much it helps me out alot. Thank you so much.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  6:21:33 PM  Show Profile
Cool! Thanks, Marcia! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  6:35:37 PM  Show Profile
LOVE Pampered Chef. I know it's pricey, but I have many things that I have used for almost 20 years and they are still working VERY well. There were a few things that weren't as great as I expected, but the vast majority of items have been wonderful.

"Women are angels...and if someone breaks our wings...we fly on our brooms...we're flexible like that!" -Unknown
Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  7:37:29 PM  Show Profile
love, love love the stoneware! We like using the bar pan for "sheetloaf"...instead of a regular loaf pan for meatloaf. It cooks a lot quicker & is the perfect thickness for meatloaf sandwiches! The small bar pan is just the right size for the toaster oven. I use my stones (have almost every piece of the Classic collection) all the time! Back in May, I bought the knife block w/ all the knives and 8 of the steak knives....they are the bomb!!! My kitchen is pretty much a PC kitchen :)

Farmgirl Sister 1575* * * It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive * * *
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  06:47:05 AM  Show Profile
How is everyone this morning? It is s cold here looks like it is gonna snow. Well my party is tonight and she is making chicken enchaladia pizza in the large bar pan. It is gonna turn out good. And ican't wait casue there is some stuff that i am wanting really bad. Like the Deep covered baker. that thing is awsome. my mother in law has it and it is the best.

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  07:06:58 AM  Show Profile
I have the deep covered baker too, Marcia, and it makes an amazing pot roast! :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  07:08:00 AM  Show Profile
Oops. Hit send before I wished you good luck on your party tonight!!! Hope it is mucho successful.

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  07:08:14 AM  Show Profile
nini i will ask my consultant to check on that and i will get back with you later this afternoon. is that ok? I have some things to do this morning so i won't be on alot this morning but i will get back on later this afternoon. talk to you then!!

Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  07:09:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanks mary beth i hope it is mucho success too!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  07:11:40 AM  Show Profile
Mary beth I am really wanting that baker at the last party i went to she mde a meatloaf in it in the microwave is that incredible or what and under 10 minutes it was done.

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  04:32:12 AM  Show Profile
I didn't really like the spoon rest. It just wasn't balanced. I do have the crinkle cutter that works as a really great pizza cutter too!

Didn't care for the stoneware b/c if you want to store in it, it doesn't seal.

The pitchers are really nice too

Guess it depends on what you need.

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  05:09:49 AM  Show Profile
Could you explain how she did the meatloaf in the microwave, I'd like to try that one.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

tatersgirl913
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Danielle
Aspers PA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  4:03:40 PM  Show Profile
I have many, many Pampered Chef tooks and cookware and I love all of it. The stones are excellent for just about anything that goes in the oven. Other than one loaf pan and two cassarole dishes, everything I use in the oven is a PC stone.
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:45:58 AM  Show Profile
Well lulu i just read the recipe and the meatloaf actually took more like 17 min she just mixed up the meat with all the ingrediants and shaped it in the deep covered baker and then put the lid on and cooked on high for 14 min and then brushed ketchup mixture over it and then covered again and cooked another 3 min. Sorry for the miss understaning on my part. i thought it was 10 min but i was so caught up in the party i was not really paying all that much attention. Once again i am so sorry.

Edited by - Marcia30 on Nov 19 2010 08:47:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  10:57:35 AM  Show Profile
Nothing to be sorry about. Thanks for the information. That just caught my attention and some nights I could use a quick meal, and anything under 30 minutes is quick and from scratch to. I'm going to make up some meals that I can take out of the freezer and put in the oven, just don't put anything frozen on your stoneware it will sure break the stoneware. I'm going to have knee surgery and I'm making up things ahead of time as I'll need some help when I come home. My daughter use to sell pampered chef and I really enjoy cooking with it. And I love their denium apron.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket

Edited by - lulu on Nov 19 2010 11:01:56 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Does anyone like pampered chef stuff? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page