Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 Honey Bee Holistics Organic Soap&Lotion Giveaway!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic Honey Bee Holistics Organic Soap&Lotion Giveaway! Next Topic  

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  07:04:30 AM  Show Profile
MY STORY: Hello Farmgirls my name is Melissa Carr.I live in a small town in the Washington State Valley of the Cascade Mountain Range called Concrete. It is a small town without any stoplights that you would miss if you weren't paying attention on your drive around the scenic route of State Route 20! I moved here four years ago when my husband of 6 years and I decided we wanted to establish ourselves in a small community with old time values and friendliness.
I always knew that I wanted to be a stay-at-home-Mom when I had children, so I set out preparing for the birth of my first child three years in advance by building my own business. One day I became allergic to my usual bath soap that I had used for many years. My skin had changed now that I was approaching my thirties, and my body was telling me it was time for a change. I researched how to make my own cold-processed soap and organic lotion for myself and my family. I wanted to share my great products with others who probably suffered from the same ailment as me, and also did not
have many choices for organic chemical free alternatives way out here in the mountains. So Honey Bee Holistics was born on March 26th,2007.
In my sunflower decorated kitchen, with all of my hopes and dreams of being a Mom who could stay at home, I made 7 batches of soap that first time. It just so happened that there was a Farmer's Market in town that was opening up the last weekend in May. I immediately called the organizer and signed up for a booth becoming a lifetime member of the Concrete Saturday Market. It was located right in town and was held every Saturday until Labor Day. I was so very excited then as I started to make hand illustrated labels and ventured on to making more products to sell at the market that I knew my family and others would use. During this exciting adventure I continued to work my sales job full time while making my products in the evenings and
weekends. My husband was concerned I was working too hard, but I gently reminded him that it was all for my new job coming in our future of being parents and I a stay-at-home-Mom.
Over the next few years I saw myself, as well as my business, grow each day as I taught myself about herbs and their applications, scouring all of the used book shops and thrift stores for any old books on soap making and herbs. I soon introduced homeopathic tinctures, salves, lip balm, household cleaners, laundry products, and clay products to my product repertoire. Each item has a story that tells of my progress from a small operation into a
genuine licensed business with a customer base that is growing across the US by word of mouth and my Mom who is a big advertiser.
In August 2009 I found out that we were expecting our first child. My mind started to race as I prepared the last batches of soap to be ready before my daughters birth. She was born on May 5th, 2010. I was so excited to now start my journey I had been preparing for these past years. I took my earned maternity leave from work of three months and then submitted my resignation after 6 years. It was a scary step, but a proud one that I felt well prepared for now!
I am now a proud Mama to a beautiful baby girl, Aria Rae who is almost 7 months now and growing so fast! She makes everyday worth my efforts to work hard at my business so I can continue to stay at home with her, my dream come true!!
Everything I sell is handmade by me and is made with wild-harvested herbs or herbs that I grow on site here on our shared farmland in the valleys of the Cascade Mountains. I will never use any chemicals or preservatives,EVER!
Only pure ingredients that are safe for my family and yours! If I wouldn't use it, I won't sell it!
I have built my own website for marketing/selling my products online as well at www.honeybeeholistics.com.

I am looking for another way to get the word out about my business and what I do so I am hosting a GIVEAWAY in celebration of the HOLIDAYS!!

GIVEAWAY OF 1 (6oz.)ORGANIC SOAP & 1 (8oz.)ORGANIC LOTION!!These items will be shipped anywhere in the USA free of charge if you are the winner!! It is your choice on what variety of each you want-It is based upon availabilty--2nd choices honored.

HOW TO EARN ENTRIES IN THE GIVEAWAY:

1)Choose to LIKE Honey Bee Holistics' Facebook Page! ~Search for HONEY BEE HOLISTICS on facebook and choose like from there----OR if you aren't a Facebook kinda gal, visit my blog and leave a comment!

2)Post a link to your Facebook wall with my website

3)Comment on any of my photo's in HONEY BEE HOLISTICS' Facebook page

4)Fill out the Information form on my website located in the About page

Each one will get you an entry into the drawing--Including multiple entries for Photo comments!!!

Last available time to get your entries in will be the evening of Nov 20th at 11:59pm

Drawing to be held on Nov.21st----Prize will be mailed out that week in time for gift giving or treating yourself!!
I will post pictures of the drawing from that day! Each entry will go into the bag, and be drawn that morning.

Thank you so much for spreading the word about my business!!
Good luck on the giveaway:)

Visit www.honeybeeholistics.com for Organic Handmade Items for Bath, Body & Home!

Also visit me at:
honeybeeholistics.etsy.com
honeybeeholistics.artfire.com

Check out my blog for monthly specials!!
honeybeeholistics.blogspot.com

Edited by - dragonflyhoneybee on Nov 14 2010 9:47:32 PM

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  12:09:16 PM  Show Profile
I'll enter, thanks! I love organic products!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  2:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for your participation Marsha! So far you are the 2nd! Thought I would get more takers......
quote:
Originally posted by marjean

I'll enter, thanks! I love organic products!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150

Visit www.honeybeeholistics.com for Organic Handmade Items for Bath, Body & Home!

Also visit me at:

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  2:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Count me as a third! Will "like" it and put it up on my facebook! It all looks yummy! I will delve deeper into the website shortly. :D

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  2:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Okay - it's done! :-) I am interested in buying some soap soon (can't just yet) regardless of if I win or not!

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  3:21:21 PM  Show Profile
I put you on my facebook and clicked the like for yours and filled out the about page info.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  7:04:56 PM  Show Profile
Melissa, your soaps look so nice!! I enjoyed reading your story.....isn't it interesting how "life" nudges us along!! And your website is relaxing to read with beautiful pictures. You've done a wonderful job!! Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Calicobear
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Lori
Mansfield Ohio
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  7:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Just left a comment on your Blog......don't have Facebook account. But you have an Awesome website!

Thanks for chance to win! :)

Hugs & Smiles!!
Go to Top of Page

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Just a few more days to enter! Check out my facebook page, blog or website to sign up!! Don't miss it!

Also visit me at:

Go to Top of Page

DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  6:59:52 PM  Show Profile
I don't have a facebook account either so I have left a comment on your blog; It's not 11:59 yet! Your blog and your web site are wonderful. Beautiful pictures, your soaps look good enough to eat.

Farmgirl Sister #682

"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  8:00:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dragonflyhoneybee

MY STORY: Hello Farmgirls my name is Melissa Carr.I live in a small town in the Washington State Valley of the Cascade Mountain Range called Concrete. It is a small town without any stoplights that you would miss if you weren't paying attention on your drive around the scenic route of State Route 20! I moved here four years ago when my husband of 6 years and I decided we wanted to establish ourselves in a small community with old time values and friendliness.
I always knew that I wanted to be a stay-at-home-Mom when I had children, so I set out preparing for the birth of my first child three years in advance by building my own business. One day I became allergic to my usual bath soap that I had used for many years. My skin had changed now that I was approaching my thirties, and my body was telling me it was time for a change. I researched how to make my own cold-processed soap and organic lotion for myself and my family. I wanted to share my great products with others who probably suffered from the same ailment as me, and also did not
have many choices for organic chemical free alternatives way out here in the mountains. So Honey Bee Holistics was born on March 26th,2007.
In my sunflower decorated kitchen, with all of my hopes and dreams of being a Mom who could stay at home, I made 7 batches of soap that first time. It just so happened that there was a Farmer's Market in town that was opening up the last weekend in May. I immediately called the organizer and signed up for a booth becoming a lifetime member of the Concrete Saturday Market. It was located right in town and was held every Saturday until Labor Day. I was so very excited then as I started to make hand illustrated labels and ventured on to making more products to sell at the market that I knew my family and others would use. During this exciting adventure I continued to work my sales job full time while making my products in the evenings and
weekends. My husband was concerned I was working too hard, but I gently reminded him that it was all for my new job coming in our future of being parents and I a stay-at-home-Mom.
Over the next few years I saw myself, as well as my business, grow each day as I taught myself about herbs and their applications, scouring all of the used book shops and thrift stores for any old books on soap making and herbs. I soon introduced homeopathic tinctures, salves, lip balm, household cleaners, laundry products, and clay products to my product repertoire. Each item has a story that tells of my progress from a small operation into a
genuine licensed business with a customer base that is growing across the US by word of mouth and my Mom who is a big advertiser.
In August 2009 I found out that we were expecting our first child. My mind started to race as I prepared the last batches of soap to be ready before my daughters birth. She was born on May 5th, 2010. I was so excited to now start my journey I had been preparing for these past years. I took my earned maternity leave from work of three months and then submitted my resignation after 6 years. It was a scary step, but a proud one that I felt well prepared for now!
I am now a proud Mama to a beautiful baby girl, Aria Rae who is almost 7 months now and growing so fast! She makes everyday worth my efforts to work hard at my business so I can continue to stay at home with her, my dream come true!!
Everything I sell is handmade by me and is made with wild-harvested herbs or herbs that I grow on site here on our shared farmland in the valleys of the Cascade Mountains. I will never use any chemicals or preservatives,EVER!
Only pure ingredients that are safe for my family and yours! If I wouldn't use it, I won't sell it!
I have built my own website for marketing/selling my products online as well at www.honeybeeholistics.com.

I am looking for another way to get the word out about my business and what I do so I am hosting a GIVEAWAY in celebration of the HOLIDAYS!!

GIVEAWAY OF 1 (6oz.)ORGANIC SOAP & 1 (8oz.)ORGANIC LOTION!!These items will be shipped anywhere in the USA free of charge if you are the winner!! It is your choice on what variety of each you want-It is based upon availabilty--2nd choices honored.

HOW TO EARN ENTRIES IN THE GIVEAWAY:

1)Choose to LIKE Honey Bee Holistics' Facebook Page! ~Search for HONEY BEE HOLISTICS on facebook and choose like from there----OR if you aren't a Facebook kinda gal, visit my blog and leave a comment!

2)Post a link to your Facebook wall with my website

3)Comment on any of my photo's in HONEY BEE HOLISTICS' Facebook page

4)Fill out the Information form on my website located in the About page

Each one will get you an entry into the drawing--Including multiple entries for Photo comments!!!

Last available time to get your entries in will be the evening of Nov 20th at 11:59pm

Drawing to be held on Nov.21st----Prize will be mailed out that week in time for gift giving or treating yourself!!
I will post pictures of the drawing from that day! Each entry will go into the bag, and be drawn that morning.

Thank you so much for spreading the word about my business!!
Good luck on the giveaway:)

Also visit me at:

Also visit me at:

Go to Top of Page

frolicnfibers
True Blue Farmgirl

668 Posts

Diana
White City Oregon
USA
668 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  3:24:27 PM  Show Profile
I know it's too late to enter, but I just want to say your soaps are beautiful! I bet they smell and feel just as good as they look!

Diana

Please come visit my animals and my Etsy store on my new blog!
http://www.frolicnfibers.blogspot.com
http://www.frolicnfibers.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  09:47:49 AM  Show Profile
Did I miss who won???

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  5:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey gals! So sorry for the delay! Winter snow in Washington and cold temps shut down internet connections for a few days until now! I did draw the winner on Sunday..........And the winner is MICHELLE BOWMAN!
Congratulations Michelle! Contact me to let me know which soap & lotion you would like:) Visit my website to check out the choices! www.honeybeeholistics.com

Also visit me at:

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  09:13:09 AM  Show Profile
Congrats! Michelle

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  12:30:31 PM  Show Profile
Just checked my mail and got the package. Both the orange coconut vanilla lotion and sugar cookie soap smell divine! Thanks again Melissa. I think my mom might be interested in your new eye cream - I'll be sure to tell her about it. And I'll be trying some of your lip balm when the rest of what I'm currently using is gone.
Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic Honey Bee Holistics Organic Soap&Lotion Giveaway! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page