herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  08:03:03 AM  Show Profile
OMGOMGOMGOSH.....I just bought a new guinea pig about a month ago to fill the void of my dearly beloved,departed house-bunny, Kizzy(some of you remember from back in March). They said she was only about 2 months old. Well, all she wants to do it eat & nip me when I hold her. . I read 2 e-books about them and they said to not feed them too many pellets so as not to let them over-eat. Give them lots of timothy hay.So I did plus her veggies and fruit and lots of vitamin C chewy treats & water. Anywho, she was so fat and her tummy would grumble and shift and I told her she should be ashamed because she was a true "PIG!" She squealed constantly to eat more, so I finally gave in and gave her her pellets round-the-clock to shut her up. I had had it, was taking her back to the pet shop, tired of getting bit,tired of her not being happy with me. But yet every time I just sat with her and let her lay "burrito wrapped" in a towel while I read, she would sleep in the chair beside me. I know, "awwwww," so I'd forgive her all the bandaged fingers and we'd start over ...again. So I get up this morning and walk out in the kitchen and said "good morning" and started to take care of her and something moved in the other end of the cage. I thought I'd forgot to put my pet, hairless rat away and she'd gotten in there. OMGosh...no...there were 3 little piggies looking at me like, Uh...Mama...What's that?" They scurried to the corner and hid under shredded newspaper. For those of you who don't know, unlike mice and rats, piggies are born, completely furred-out and mobile and...."Ohhhh Sooooo Adorable." All I could do was babble over her and shreak OMG! I had no idea. I thought she was just fat. After all she's too young. Well from now on Ms.Piggles is getting extra food, love and attention. Sorry this was so long, but I haven't had a "Fur-birth" in my house since the early 1980's. I am still reeling in shock and excitement. I called my "Sissy" and was beside myself with joy on the phone. Her poor eardrums! LOLOL Hey...I'm a grandma! hahahah

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  08:07:20 AM  Show Profile
Heeheehee!!! cute aren't they? Congratulations "gramnma"!!!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  08:45:15 AM  Show Profile
A bonus! Four for the price of one! New life is so precious. So now will you be keeping a herd of "piggies"? Supossedly they are a social animal and many do a lot better with others than as a single pet. Anyway enjoy for now.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  08:55:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aw! They are so cute! We used to have gerbils when I was young and they were born furry too. Hopefully your piggy won't be aggressive now that she has babies!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MamaCrunch
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Nasvhille TN
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  09:48:34 AM  Show Profile
Yay congrats!! We had a similar incident with our pigs. It's was so much fun watching Helen teach her babies how to take care of themselves!

Just a quick heads up, when the babies are mature (3 wks I think) they can and will mate with their mom.

Farmgirl #2161
Just tryin' to homestead in the middle of a suburban neighborhood!
Blog~ http://thelittleboygreen.com <<I've been slackin' on the updates!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  09:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Pictures are so easy to post now (hint). One of my rabbits just had her first litter of 1! There were 2, but one was born dead. They are not born furry. I bet your little piggies are so cute. Congratulations!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  10:25:48 AM  Show Profile
I've never seen baby guinea pigs. I thought that they just came out hairless and ugly like mice!! I bet they are adorable. I love little, furry animals. I used to have two house rabbits too. One's name was Peter T. Wiggles and the other was Quiggly P. Ashdown. Yeah. I know. I was weird back then. :-)
Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  10:31:50 AM  Show Profile
*Still bubbling over* Thanks girls.
Susan-I just told my Mom-4 for the price of 1 when I called her. Ya, I can tell people that I have a herd of piggies, I like that. LOL
Alee- She hasn't shown any signs of aggression. In fact, she ignored me when I cleaned her cage, she was at one end *munching* of course, and the 'lil fuzz-balls(think golfballs with big ears)I know...awwww... were at the other end, wide-eyed and watching me. I think they all still think I'm nuts *I am* ;) because I'm so giddy about all this. I've called everyone I know to tell them, including the pet shop who said she was only 8 or 9 weeks old last month. Their loss. I'm just glad she birthed so well all alone. A good Mommy!
Mamacrunch- Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't realize it was that soon. Wow! I will keep 1 of them, a girl, just for company for Ms.Piggly.
Diane-I love new bunnies.All those tiny little ears,so cute. Wow, only 2. I guess it WAS her 1st. I hope the remaining one is healthy and will grow to be big and strong. All that milk to itself, it should. LOL We raised rabbits when I was a kid at home. Never had trouble finding homes for them either. Thanks for the photo (hint), maybe I'll try it (again).
Thanks Gals!
Hugs & Squeakles
Judy & Fur-Babies

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4743 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4743 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  11:59:19 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Judy, enjoy the little furballs!

Diane, your baby bunnies will be adorable in about a week. They are just darling when they get their fur. "Pictures are easy to post now!" I raised rabbit when I was a kid and loved them. They are so smart and love to play with toys.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  06:05:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh what a cute story! Post pics!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  09:27:43 AM  Show Profile
Ok...here are the babies(crossing fingers)

OMGosh...I did it!!! weeeee...thanks MaryJane for the new photo program!!There's no stopping me now!!lol

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 07 2010 09:29:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  7:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy,
toooo cute!
I had a red guineapiggie when I was 10years old, named "Matilda"... and she would 'piggie squeel' w/delight when ever she saw me, I am sure it is because she new food would soon follow! lol!
Enjoy your furpiggies.
: > )

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  8:16:37 PM  Show Profile
...aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  9:04:56 PM  Show Profile
So sweet!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  08:30:39 AM  Show Profile
They are beautiful - so perfect in every way! I know you are a proud Grammy!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  10:12:39 PM  Show Profile
What precious little fur babies! No wonder the little Miss was so hungry! My first pet was a piggy. Have always wanted another but with dogs and cats, I didn't know how safe they would be. My 2nd dog grabbed my sisters pig, just curious what it was, wasn't a vicious bone in his body. Didn't hurt it but it had a bald patch for a while.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!

Edited by - acairnsmom on Nov 08 2010 10:16:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic 3New FurBabies...OMGosh!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page