Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 My Jellies and Butters in Recycled Cupboard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic My Jellies and Butters in Recycled Cupboard Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  10:19:57 AM  Show Profile

Just thought I would post a pic of a recycled cupboard that now is sitting pretty in my freshly painted and primped old 1890 kitchen...

The jellies look like little "jewels!" These are just a few of the many jars of jelly and butters I made this season.

After doing a little research I discovered that our esteemed Governor Granholm signed into law this past summer a "Cottage" law allowing homemakers to sell their jellies and jams without having to have a "certified" kitchen...Nice to know as I plan on selling my jelly and butters. I had such a blast canning this season and on Sunday finished up with the last of my Wolf River Apples making the last of my apple jelly!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CottageJelly

Edited by - melody on Oct 31 2010 2:18:45 PM

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  10:57:32 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful, Melody! What better decoration could their be than the glowing fruits of your labors? I like the idea of allowing sale of jellies and jams without all the red tape. Good luck on your sales.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  11:06:11 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

"Women are angels...and if someone breaks our wings...we fly on our brooms...we're flexible like that!" -Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic My Jellies and Butters in Recycled Cupboard Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page