Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Eating for your blood type
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Eating for your blood type Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  8:50:03 PM  Show Profile
I found a book that discusses this. As much as I can, I've modified my diet and I feel MUCH better! Well, as much as driving a big rig allows me to do. I'm sleeping properly too. I have more energy and interest to do things, even things I've only half done and couldn't get to the last of it.

So, if anyone wants to try this, I would recommend it. You can find most of the items at your local grocery store (I have) or herbal place. It doesn't take much effort to change your diet.

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  04:08:10 AM  Show Profile
Interesting. I may borrow it from the library. See what it says for me.

Glad to hear it's helping you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farm Girl #790
http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  05:35:13 AM  Show Profile
I read this book quite some years ago when it first came out. Was very interesting and I have heard many who say it works well. Unfortunately there are those who it has not worked well for. me included. I do eat meat but am not a big meat eater. It called for me to eat a lot of red meats. I tried but it did not make me feel good at all. I have had others say for them it just did not work out. Not sure of their reasons.
I do eat as much organic as possible. That and making sure I eat a balanced diet seem to be what works best for me.
I am glad that it has helped so many. I think we need to do the best we can to take care of our bodies!

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  03:39:33 AM  Show Profile
I read the book a few years ago.

Said pineapple was supposed to be good for my blood type.

Pity it makes my stomach hurt bad now, so it has to be avoided :(
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  07:30:13 AM  Show Profile
My husband loves that book because it says he should eat beef. I think he takes it overboard - LOL.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  10:26:13 AM  Show Profile
Something my son said to me was that his blood type had changed. Anyone else heard of that?? He started out as one thing and now is something else. ?? So, maybe that has something to do with it.

I can eat pineapple but little bits of it. Not a lot at a time. I get tired of chicken/turkey and have to 'cheat' now and again. :-) I'm now reading labels and avoiding any pesticides as much as possible. A lot of edibles are now labeled as organic or pesticide free. Iceburg lettuce just upsets my tummy but Romaine is fine. Romain though, is hard to keep fresh. Seems like it bruises awfully easily. I finally found a soy milk that is good tasting and not too sweet. Took about 3 tries to find the right one. Pricey but good.

Hubby is out hunting right now. Wonder how elk will affect my tummy?? hehehe....

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  06:16:02 AM  Show Profile
I read this information also. I used to eat a lot more red meat. I do better with fish and chicken. Right now I eat more veggies and organic foods. They seem to work better for me. I need the fiber. I like fruits, too. Maybe it's because I live in Florida now and I used to live in So. CA
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  07:17:51 AM  Show Profile
I haven't ever heard of eating for you blood type so I need to read about it. I do know that blood type can change if a person has had a bone marrow transplant but it only happens about 20% of the time. It wouldn't spontaneously change. Maybe he means the RH positive/negative which is about antibodies?

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver

Edited by - star-schipp on Nov 12 2010 07:20:53 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Eating for your blood type Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page