Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 Reversible aprons made from vintage feedsacks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic Reversible aprons made from vintage feedsacks Next Topic  

farmliving
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

debra
universal city texas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  10:30:54 PM  Show Profile

This is my first post in the forums. I hope I am doing everything right.

I came across my first feedsack in Bardstown, Kentucky. I fell in love with them--the way they feel in my hands, the designs, the ingenuity and resourcefulness of the idea that you can make something wonderful out of something so utilitarian. On one of recent feedsack hunt, I came a across a woman who had a huge collection. I was talking to her about how much I love the feel of the fabric--sturdy, yet soft. She said that in the fabric world, feedsack are known as "comfort fabric," much like macaroni and cheese is comfort food. She hit it on the head. Feedsack fabric makes you feel at home, comfortable, at ease.

So, I started making aprons from my feedsack finds. I opened an Etsy store, and now have 5 aprons posted (I have about 20 more to sew). Most of my aprons are reversible. Thanks for taking a look at my shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/summersplace

farmliving
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

debra
universal city texas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  10:34:09 PM  Show Profile
Wow--That picture is huge! I will work on that! Forgive the newbie!
Go to Top of Page

farmliving
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

debra
universal city texas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  10:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot to mention--free shipping to Farmgirls! Just mention in notes to seller.
Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic Reversible aprons made from vintage feedsacks Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page