Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm baaaaak! Next Topic  

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  09:20:13 AM  Show Profile
I'm back from Connecticut and glad to be home. I had a wonderful time visiting my aunts and uncle and relaxing in Pawcatuck in Stonington, which is right on the border of Rhode Island. Every time we went out, we'd cross and criss cross the border depending on where we wanted to go. Fun!

I got more family history on paper, copied some more old photos, visited a great tea room (where they give you swizzle sticks made from rock candy for your iced tea), bookstores, thrift shops, and had family-store made ice cream in Mystic. I found great old vintage curtains that I'm going to use for my Vintage Bebe Couture clothes. (yep, lugged a pair of 84" curtains home...)

I also loved sitting in my aunt's back yard which was filled with robins, sparrows, cardinals, hummingbirds, bunnies and squirrels to entertain me. Did my embroidery there.

Also got to go to my old favorite haunt, Friendly's, and have my favorite peanut butter chocolate sundae with dark chocolate ice cream and extra hot fudge and peanut butter sauces. I probably gained 14 pounds but hey, I was on vacation.

Happy Sundae...er Sunday!

Farmbirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  10:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Patricia -- so glad you're back. You've been missed!

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  10:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Welcome home, Patricia! It sounds like you had a wonderful time - what fun to visit family and fun places - I want one of those sundaes!!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  2:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Patricia - Welcome Home!! I used to love going to Friendly's when I was a kid! That was a big treat for us- a grilled hamburger, french fries and a big ice cream sundae for dessert.
What a great thing to be able to get more of your family history down on paper. My dad has done genealogy all of his life and has record upon record. I can't keep up with him at all!!
Glad you are back.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  6:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Welcome home Patricia!! I was sure missing you!! Sounds like you had a blast. I am not a big dessert eater..but hearing about THAT sundae made my mouth water...yum!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  08:29:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Home Patricia, glad you had a great time!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  10:40:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Patricia,

Glad you had a good trip. We're going back in August. Friendly's!!! Yum. It's been quite awhile since I've had that. Love Stonington and the surrounding areas.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  10:07:16 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, Glad you're back and so good to hear you had a great trip. Welcome home. I love vintage curtain fabric. Can't wait to see the final product. Rest up now.

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  2:22:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Patricia! Connecticut is a very different world, huh? Especially from the Utah area. I am glad you had fun and ate well!!!

Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 06 2006 2:23:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm baaaaak! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page