Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic BEST EVER cookbook! Next Topic  

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  10:34:35 AM  Show Profile
I have been cooking recently from Eat What You Love by Marlene Koch who is a registered dietician/nutritionist. I have 100's of cookbooks..really I do but this one is numero uno! Not only are these recipes for weight loss, nutrition, diabetics etc.....they are the tastiest recipes I have ever made...I mean it! I cannot get over that they are healthy and nutritious too! Plus, it is Customer Toprated on QVC so it's not just me.
I have never had to diet and was always slim and could eat anything I wanted but since I have gotten older, they killed off my thyroid, I don't ride horses anymore or have my "farm" chores...I have gained about 30-40 lbs I do not need and do not like! So, first I tried Nutrisystem...I lost 6 pounds at a high price for food that wasn't that great. Plus, they don't tell you about all the "extra" groceries you have to buy to supplement their plan...very expensive but I learned some things and moved on to Eat What You Love. I am more into eating healthy and exercising than I am into specifically losing a certain number of pounds plus...eating good food is one of the great joys of life in my opinion. I cook everything from scratch and rarely, if ever go out to eat...I like my own food better.
Anyway....if you would like to check out her website and books it is www.marlenekoch.com
Also, her recipes contain full nutrition info and Weight Watcher points if you do that. I cannot recommend this cookbook enough...she should have her own show...she is phenominal!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  3:50:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info Sandra, I will check it out.
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  3:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing, Sandra!! I also love cookbooks and new ideas are always wanted!! I'll look for her cookbook at our bookstore. Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2010 :  05:07:32 AM  Show Profile
thanks for the info, I love cookbooks too, and am always looking for healthy ones. Pam
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2010 :  05:37:47 AM  Show Profile
I think she has other ones too or 1 for sure. She wrote one for Splenda I think with just desserts in it. Oh Yeah! I HAVE to get that one!!!! I have cooked up 8 of her recipes so far...4 main dishes and 4 desserts and they are all DELISH! I am still pinching myself over this cookbook!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic BEST EVER cookbook! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page