Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I qualified for a senior discount, last nite.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I qualified for a senior discount, last nite. Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  09:23:59 AM  Show Profile
I guess it was a given that someday I'd actually get one. Hubby and I went out with friends to a restaurant. The lady looked at both of us and said "Senior discount". I THINK I'm flattered but not sure. I like getting discounts but just cuz I'm getting to my golden years??

Still, we saved about $6!! Woo-hoo!!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  09:44:22 AM  Show Profile
so funny!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  12:05:54 PM  Show Profile
That is one nice thing about getting older. But I want to have to prove it when it happens to me! My hubby is 10 years older than me and he looks like Santa. So of course he gets the discount. And I am all about saving money. But I want to actually BE a senior first!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  1:18:58 PM  Show Profile
gosh...i was bent outta shape for awhile because i was "inbetween"---now i'm 56 and i take the discount every chance i can! most places, i'm still not old enough!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  2:00:47 PM  Show Profile
I love it when I get a discount even though I don't qualify for all of them. If they want to give me one without asking I'm not going to correct them, LOL! When I turned 55 this year I excitedly told DH woo hoo, I get to order off the Seniors menu at Perkins now!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  2:10:12 PM  Show Profile
My DH was furious the firs time they gave him a free cup of coffee because he was a senior. I just want to get mine from the fabric store but alas I have a year or so to go.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  5:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'll take all the discounts and breaks I can get! :) Love those senior menus in restaurants! But the 'senior discount days' in thrift stores are my favs. LOL! I've still got a few years before I can take free classes at the local colleges. But I sure will when I can.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  7:23:06 PM  Show Profile
I remember the first time my mom was offered a senior discount. She was absolutely horrified. But then she was so used to lying about her age that I doubt she would even admit it to herself. Once she fell and broke an ankle. When she went to the emergency room the age she told them didn't match their records. They actually made her admit to her age before treating her. Pretty mean there. She admitted finally to being "half a year older" than Dad, but after her funeral we were checking some geneology stuff and looked for her record of birth. Lo and behold her birth certificate was even a few years older, not 88 as we thought.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  05:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Funny, I was in a store a couple of weeks ago. They had a sign up that said Monday discounts on seniors 50 and older. I am 49 yrs. I thought next year I will be able to get a senior discount. After thinking about it . I kinda of got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  06:04:36 AM  Show Profile
I always forget to ask for them but they always kindly remind me! LOL! Obviously I LOOK like I qualify and that's fine with me! I earned everyone of these wrinkles, stretchmarks and smile lines and I'm just happy I've made it this far!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  08:41:25 AM  Show Profile
Too funny. I was in the grocery the other day and chatting with a lady with two girls. The eldest, maybe 5 asked me if I was a grandma!! I'm 44. Her mom was horrified. I laughed it off as I do have some grey hairs, but wow a grandmother. I don't have kids even so that hit me even more. But then my sis was Nana at 39.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  11:09:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey ; it was saving $6.00 that is quite a bit.
I am 55 and can get some things ; wish I could on my meds. things are so expensive that every little bit helps. hugs sheila

http://www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com/

http://www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I qualified for a senior discount, last nite. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page