New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic 4.30 AM and wide awake !! Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  7:40:02 PM  Show Profile
Yup, it is 4.30 in the middle of the night and am wide awake. I slept good but had a strange dream/nightmare that woke me up It was SO silly and also scary so I thought better to get out of bed, make a nice hot chocolate and see what's going on here. The nightmare was too silly, it was about a bomb I crocheted !! Lol I have been doing crochet all eve, and guess that triggered it. But a crochet BOMB??? What the......

Did you ever had such strange and still scary dreams/nightmares that woke you up and you just HAD to get out of bed to make it go away???

I am slowly "forgetting" about mine PTL I just remember it was about a bomb I crocheted, but I was scared it would go off so I decided to take MY crocheted part out of it. The gals I made it with did know it was me and they tried to get me back. I was in a changing room (????) in a big shopping mall, changing clothes etc....walked outside ahead of my "friends" and was asked by the police to identify a car (what that car had to do with it I have NO idea lol)
Reading back it is just "funny" but I do remember when I woke up I was scared as a baby

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  7:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear you had a bad dream....It will be okay Dutchy-Hot chocolate sure sounds good right now. It is almost 10:00 here in the UP of Michigan and there is a terrific wind coming off the bay. I can hear it from my upstairs window. Kinda cold too!

I hope you can try to get back to sleep after a while otherwise, it will make for a very long day!

Take care dear heart!

Just found this on the net Dutchy--Crochet

To see crochet in your dream, indicates that you will find yourself entangled in some situation

To dream that you are crocheting, symbolizes your creativity and artistic abilities.

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com

Edited by - melody on Oct 02 2010 8:06:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  7:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Marian--I sometimes have weird, scary dreams too. But I've never heard of a crocheted bomb. I wonder what would have happened if it had gone off? Yarn everywhere. Maybe you're seeking change in your life (the dressing room) and are worried about it. Just my thoughts.
Cindy

"There is more to life than increasing its speed". Mahatma Gandhi

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  8:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Hot chocolate will make you sleep now! I think I would have awakened also! What were you crocheting inreal life? You can always get on here & find someone! It is 10 herein Iowa also.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  8:17:16 PM  Show Profile
LOL I too have no idea what would have happened IF the bomb went off, maybe indeed yarn everywhere

In "real life" I am making this little vest. It is cute and easy. I am making it in pink with white mohair yarn and I really like it.

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  8:18:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by melody

Sorry to hear you had a bad dream....It will be okay Dutchy-Hot chocolate sure sounds good right now. It is almost 10:00 here in the UP of Michigan and there is a terrific wind coming off the bay. I can hear it from my upstairs window. Kinda cold too!

I hope you can try to get back to sleep after a while otherwise, it will make for a very long day!

Take care dear heart!

Just found this on the net Dutchy--Crochet

To see crochet in your dream, indicates that you will find yourself entangled in some situation

To dream that you are crocheting, symbolizes your creativity and artistic abilities.

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com

Now THAT aint so bad, thanks

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  8:47:40 PM  Show Profile
I hope you get a few hours of peaceful sleep before you get up for the day. I've had some bad dreams too and they can really shake me up. Even when I can't remember what they were about.

Your vest looks beautiful, nothing scary there!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  9:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I know exactly what you mean, Dutchy! I dream very vividly. Sometimes I wake up and can't figure out what was dream and what was reality unless I really concentrate. I used to get mad at my sisters for things I dreamed they said/did to me at night when I was in middle school/high school.

I hope you dream good dreams from now on thought!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  11:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks all. I DID go to bed around 6, and slept till 8. Wanted to stay in bed longer but also want to go to church, so here I am......awake (somewhat lol)

Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  06:01:12 AM  Show Profile
I love the vest! And in pink! How cute is that!!! You were dreaming bombs because you will look the bomb in it!!! Just a kids saying these days! Means you will look great!!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  06:07:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh sweetie, I'm sorry that your dream gave you a bad startle, but that vest is A-Dor-Able!!!!! I hope that the rest of your sleep was peaceful *hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  06:13:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Marian. I've been having trouble sleeping in lately. Been waking up around 5:30 and can't go back to sleep. Some one told me it was because I am aging. I wonder if that is true. Also my sinuses clog up when I lay down for to long. I went to the doctor and he gave me a nose spray to use. But I hate using it every night.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  06:24:34 AM  Show Profile
I hate to chuckle, but how funny (the crochet part, not the bomb part). I know for you it was scary at the time and it seems like you are now laughing about it. Too funny how are dreams can be so odd. I too dream vivid and remember a lot of mine when I wake. I hate the scary ones and will have to try your hot chocolate therapy! I like that idea. I find that when I am concentrating real hard on one project like you were with crocheting that ends up in my dreams. With intense work, I end up dreaming about everyone in my group before the deployment is over. I hope you have a peaceful rest this evening.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  06:52:29 AM  Show Profile
Laurie, I am laughing about it too...now . Just imagine CROCHETING a bomb, how foolish can it get haha. It was scary when I woke up, but later....I told my friend and she laughingly told me: maybe you were crocheting it with "live wire" LOL!!!!

Yes I did sleep well afterwards, now crocheting again YIKES Hopefully no more silly dreams tonight

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  07:53:45 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful world it would be if bombs were crocheted! The worst that could happen would be having to unravel a whole lot of yarn! What does a crocheted bomb look like? Does it look like a bomb or is it disguised as an afghan?

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  08:15:58 AM  Show Profile
LOL DIANE!!!!! Maybe it is disguised as an afghan HAHAHA

Yes it WOULD be a wonderful world, and just think of all the FREE yarn YAY!!!!

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  08:34:33 AM  Show Profile
you girls have such a great sense of humor.lol DORINDA do you have allergies? could it be your pillow needs to be changed? sometimes they wear out and we love our pillow anyway. just a thought happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  09:49:14 AM  Show Profile
Wow Sherry never thought about it being my pillow. It is very old. But OH I love it so. I take it with me every time we travel.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  11:07:54 AM  Show Profile
I change my pillows every year! I don't buy expensive ones but I just need a new one every year because it becomes too thin, and "dirty" , well you know what I mean by "dirty". It is not REALLY dirty ofcourse duh! But it just doesn't feel clean anymore :)

Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  6:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Marian--the vest is too cute. I really like the way it hangs in the photo. You'll have to post pictures when you finish.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  7:08:36 PM  Show Profile
Marian, funny you should mention night= mares. Years ago my husband and I were transferred to Den Helder I don't know if you know where that is or not. But a few days after we arrived in Den Helder my husband had to go to Germany for a couple of weeks. Every night while he was away I had the same dream of WWII and the guns firing over the water. Then New Years arrived and they actually fired huge cannons over the water. I have never forgotten that dream of the cannons firing over the water while I was alone 7 1/2 months pregnant 21 years old in a country where I knew no one. That is one of my most vivid memories of living in the Netherlands. Living there was a wonderful experience I will always treasure but that dream is still with me.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic 4.30 AM and wide awake !! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page