lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  2:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
big tractor...!?? Someone stole my mom's tractor off her property ...and the next door neighbor who was supposed to watch keep an eye on things..said he didn't hear a thing ..not a peep....and he has a bunch of barking dogs that bark at everything...Hmmmm.

And this neighbor wants to chop down a huge oak tree that is perfectly fine for his firewood..on HER property.. !? Grr. That ain't happening!

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Edited by - lilwing on Sep 30 2010 2:31:04 PM

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  2:35:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm thinking you might want to check in the neighbors garage! You gotta stop him from cutting down that tree!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  2:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Right?! Or someone who knows him and is associated with him ... and it was a pay off or something... He couldn't use the tractor when the house is built. Pretty stupid if it IS him, if you ask me...

And I have a feeling hell will break loose if he does cut the tree down. LOL.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  3:52:29 PM  Show Profile
You really need to keep him away from that tree. How in the heck do you hide a tractor. I would say there is a good chance that he knows where that tractor is. Sure wish I could make it to the campout so I could meet you. I am very sad. I have the weekend free and all.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  4:12:33 PM  Show Profile
Be sure to report the missing tractor.

I would think that you can't cut down the tree, now that you don't have the tractor to haul away the stump.....
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  04:20:55 AM  Show Profile
My boyfriend also lost a tractor (or most of it). He was restoring an antique Farmall Cub. He was in the yard one day and two guys stopped and asked if he wanted to sell it. He told them no, and they went on their way. The next day the Cub was stripped to the frame of every part they could possibly remove.

I just can't believe people can be so terrible - he put so much time and money into that tractor and was heartbroken.

Be sure to report the theft - you never know where it might turn up!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  04:44:37 AM  Show Profile
I just can't grasp the whole theory behind "stealing." What makes people think they have the right to take something that doesn't belong to them? Burns my butt.

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  07:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Oh, she did report it..I think she got some back in insurance...but she loved that tractor and feels very sick about it... There's also been a rash of robberies in the area, and it's so sad because she was going to build a house on this properties and now she isn't sure if it's the right thing to do... she'd be out there by herself alot... so she doesn't know if it's a good thing to do.... I mean, this is the country! But apparently it isn't "country" enough..!

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  12:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Brooke, I really hate to hear about your mom's experience. I live out in the country where everyone leaves their doors unlocked. One of our neighbors came home from work recently to find a couple robbing his house. This is really sad in a community where we are used to just going into one anothers houses and dropping things off even if no ones home. The only good thing about this is that the thiefs were not local people and were arrested. Hopefully, she will have some neighbors who will help watch her place. Homes are far apart here (our closest neighbor is over a mile away), but if we know someone is away, we try to keep watch on their place and will usually go by at least once a day to make sure everything is ok and they do the same for us. Hopefully, this bad experience won't keep your mom from enjoying her property.

Judy

"Courage is when you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what". Atticus Finch - To Kill a Mockingbird
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  04:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Omg! How can a tractor be stolen without the neighbor seeing or hearing anything!?! I agree....that neighbor sounds very suspicious. You could freak him out a bit and say (fib) that y'all's hidden video system caught everything and the cops are examining the evidence.....see if he squirms.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  06:23:09 AM  Show Profile
that"s a good idea catherine-that is horrible though the things people have to put up with in the country! we are getting ready to put no trespassing signs up-my hubby doesn't like it says it takes the country feel out of the place but i don't care i am tired of all the weird people who pull onto to our property-almost like they are snooping looking for something!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Who would steal a ... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page