Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Thank you my wonderful friends !!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you my wonderful friends !! Next Topic  

TwstdStitch
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jean
Pennsylvania
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  07:29:57 AM  Show Profile

I hope I'm posting this in the right place !! To make this short, I'll just say that 2010 has been a real stinker !! My MS decided not to cooperate this year, we lost our 13 year old Yorkie after she had a stroke, then my MOM had a stroke....then I had another MS relapse. WHEW !!!

I was amazed at the number of cards and emails I received from women I hadn't even gotten a chance to get to know on here yet. I'm just a newbie !! I wish I could have written individual thank you's...but I've honestly been in one heck of a brain fog this year. I hope you can understand. But I wanted everyone who reached out to me to know how much it meant. I have women in my home town who "used" to be what I considered "best friends". I never heard from THEM. So it just goes to show how special a farmgirl can be.

Thank you again.......I love you all !!! Life seems to be quieting down a bit (shhhh....afraid to say it too loudly) so hoping to see you all in the pasture.

Jean
Pennsylvania
Sister #1455

Jean
Quilter, knitter, spinner/dyer, veggie gardener and craft-a-holic

Sister #1455
Hanging By a Thread Henhouse

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  07:55:23 AM  Show Profile
Jean, so glad to hear that things have settled down for you. It is wonderful being a part of the "sisterhood" isn't it?

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  08:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jean- Sorry to hear the past year has been so difficult! *hugs* I am glad things are settling down a bit though!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  09:11:04 AM  Show Profile
I'll agree about 2010 being a "stinker" but I think I would put it in more harsh terms. Jean, I hope things begin looking up for you. I, too, have an aging pooch. She is 12 and has started coughing a lot. The vet can't find what is wrong.

I was diagnosed with lymphoma earlier this year, then had a blood clot in my lung, then atrial fibrillation. Now I need cataract removal and knee replacement. Getting old ain't for sissies. I took a fall two days ago and it was due to my stupidity. I tripped over a hose on the lawn that should have been coiled up before I pulled the garbage can back to where it usually resides. Now I'm just plain sore all over.

Keep up a positive note and things will improve.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  7:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jean,
Glad to see you back . . .and most of all, glad to see things are improving!!!

I got yout email too!
Hope to see more of you!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  8:03:26 PM  Show Profile
Jean- Glad to hear that you are doing better and that life seems to be on an upswing
Betty- I am hoping that you are feeling less sore and thankful that you didnt get hurt worse in your fall.
I too am ready to say goodbye to 2010. Since January I have lost my dear grandfather, beloved dog of 12 years and my dad to cancer just last month. Things can only improve from here!
Smiles and Hugs to all!
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  9:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm so glad things are slowing down for you Jean. :) Glad you are back on here!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you my wonderful friends !! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page