Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic thrift store trip Next Topic  

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  1:17:15 PM  Show Profile
have had the bug to go to our salvation army store so today we did, found good stuff ! love thrift stores !

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  2:25:36 PM  Show Profile
I went to a few today also. But I can't believe some are closed on Sat. I found some more Fall decorations. I'm glad you found some goodies.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  7:17:45 PM  Show Profile
it's been a bit since I have found a good find at the thrift. I have been scouting out the yard sales. When it gets cooler, I usually head indoors to the thrifts. :) Glad you are finding such goodies. It always makes me feel better when I feel like I've found a good deal and can reuse things that need a new home
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  06:53:03 AM  Show Profile
I am getting so I hate to see perfectly usable good stuff get tossed, I found a turqoouise Fiesta ware mug and a corning ware baking dish plus some others
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  07:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I hate to see good stuff tossed too. I love glass kitchen items. Not that I need them! I don't use plastics at all and every glass item calls my name. Lol! A few weeks ago I found a small white crib with a spring and mattress. It's the size of a bassinet and is from the 30's-40's. I paid $8 and I will use it to display vintage linens or my ferns. Haven't decided yet. Also got the top of an old bassinet, the basket part, for $2 and i'm using it for my yarn and crochetting projects by my chair. I love a good bargin. I also found a lady who was moving to Fl. and I bought a large light up pumpkin, snowman and 2 candles for $8. You wouldn't get 1 for that price. Of course my husband always says,"What are you going to do with that junk?" I win and get it anyway and then when I display it he likes it. Now I want to go somewhere today! Lol! Our salvation army has gotten very expensive and they put the things out filthy. I won't even touch that stuff. Grosses me out!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  4:58:22 PM  Show Profile
one of the only good things about living in this apartment building has been the stream of things people sit out to be tossed. I have rescued a wooden rocker, christmas decorations, books including some I put away for my daughter who is in college to be a teacher, toys I pass on to friends with little ones, a Kenmore sewing machine in the cabinet with all the attachments !! This one i gave to a friend who needed a machine and of course my wonderful little 1950 kitchen table that I just love. My wonderful hubby never says anything, he just carts the stuff upstairs for me. love u honey
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic thrift store trip Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page