Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 SoapMaven- This Chick is for You!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic SoapMaven- This Chick is for You!! Next Topic  

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  5:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Sue- I am glad to hear that you are doing well after your surgery. I know exactly how you feel- well enough to want to get back to the things you love, but not quite ready to do just that.
So, this little chick has come by to say "Get Well!" and take all the time you need.
I will send this along to you so that you can print and save all of the well-wishes you have received inside.
Take care-
Karin

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  9:18:05 PM  Show Profile
get well soon Sue!take some time to just rest, relax and pamper yourself.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  11:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
AWWWWW That is one CUTE CHICK!!! Thank you!!! Both of you! So...I have insomnia!!! Boredom has overcome me I am afraid...or I am like a baby and have my days and nights mixed up! I am usually asleep long before now! I am also used to taking naps...just not 3 or 4 and not one hour ones!!!

I go to the dr. today...hope he tells me I am as well as I feel!

I love all you farmgirls (and boys!) so much! Do you all realize what a gift MaryJane has for bringing people together - may she and all the rest be richly blessed!!!!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  08:46:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Susan, glad to hear you are doing well. I don't want to be nosey or intrusive but what surgery did you have?

Georgette

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  11:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Oh my dear, I have no secrets! I had an abdominal hysterectomy. I dont know all the terms etc...took my uterus, ovaries and tubes...left my cervix. Had a very tiring day the day I got my staples out (all 22 of them!!) but seem to have recovered from that as I slept about 5 hours yesterday and then from 11:30 last night till 8:15 this morning!! I am usually a very early riser...so I think I got caught up on my sleep!

I hear about women whom after 5-6 weeks still arent back to themselves - maybe even wearing their pjs and I am so thankful. I wore my overalls home from the hospital and have gotten dressed everyday there after. I talked to a woman who was still sleeping in her recliner after 5 weeks!! YIKES. I couldnt wait to get in my bed, with my quilt and my pillows! It was hard getting up the first few nights (my bladder was on overdrive!) in fact the first night home, hubby got up and helped me, but since then I can get out of bed alone and am pretty much taking care of myself. No doing much but not needing much either. So I dont guess I had the same surgery as some have. Or the same problems leading up to the surgery. I am anemic from loss of blood during surgery but that has been the biggest problem so far. I get tired easy and I am sure it is from the anemia.

So I suppose at 47 (almost) and having this be my 5th surgery (4 previous c-secs)I am no worse for wear. Really no complaints. Could be so much worse!!!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  3:25:54 PM  Show Profile
Last march I had a total abdominal hysterectomy.......I felt ready to go back to work after two weeks, but my doctor wouldn't let me. I stayed home for four weeks but I confess I was crawling up on a step stool to put wallpaper border in my kitchen. I couldn't just sit there on my couch and do nothing!! I put my bed downstairs so I wouldn't have to go up and down the stairs, but I felt well enough to......but didn't want problems later on by doing too much to soon. My sister wanted me to come stay with her, I wanted to be home in my own environment, so I stayed her by myself, well, my son was here, but working and gone most of the day. I guess I was pretty lucky. But glad you are doing well. I confess to say I am taking premarin now....am in a fairly new relationship and don't want to feel......well, yucky.......... I was taking a lower dosage a short time back but found I had absolutely NO interest in being intimate and didn't care for that feeling. Geez, I guess I could go on and on..........but won't bore you any more with my ramblings.

take care and take it easy, Georgette

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  3:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I was started on Cenestin when I left the hospital. It is estrogen derived from yams and soy. So far so good. I can tell my moods are much more even already. I had a hard time the past couple of years - hormones raging most of the time. Glad to hear you did well too! I just wouldnt give up my cervix because there was nothing wrong with it and I didnt see the need. My dr was 100% behind me on the decision..said it was a easier surgery to get over. I dont know about that. He took my ovaries because they were covered with scar tissue and I had given him permission if they were not good when he got in there. So far I have no regrets...time will tell.

Susan

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic SoapMaven- This Chick is for You!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page