Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Anne of green gables book club! Sign up!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Anne of green gables book club! Sign up! Next Topic
Page: of 3

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  8:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls, Its that time of year again where I love to sit down ( I may be running everywhere and not sitting lol) and read the Anne of Green Gables series.
I was thinking we would read one book a month?! How does that sound? I really can't do more than one book a month because I am really busy with my life here in Washington and I just can't take on much.
I'm hoping we can get starting by October!

Book List:
1. Anne of Green Gables By L.M. Montgomery
2. Anne of Avonlea By L.M. Montgomery
3. Anne of the island ( all written by the same author)
4. Anne of Windy Poplars
5. Anne's house of dreams
6. Anne of Ingleside
7. Rainbow Valley
8. Rilla of Ingleside

I hope you can join me!!
Hugs, Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  5:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  09:42:48 AM  Show Profile
I have never read the entire series. I would like to start this with you and see how it goes. If someone wants to join and can not purchase the books - they can read them at www.readprint.com Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  11:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies for joining in!
Barbara, you will love the whole series!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

Sunshine_Sue
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Lunenburg NS
Canada
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  1:51:58 PM  Show Profile
Is this an open invitation? I'd like to take part too. I just joined the forum this week and don't know all the rules yet, so if I'm out of line, just let me know.

Sue

My On-line Journal www.shortfatmormonchick.blogspot.com
Home Business www.southshoresewingstudio.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  1:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Im DEF IN!!!! Ive been wanting re read the whole collection since I first read it as a teenager!! I want to share it with my 9 yr old daughter!!!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  2:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone-
I've always wanted to read the complete seres-never got around to it.
So I guess this would be the perfect opportunity-I'm in.
jessi lynn
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  3:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sue, Yes! It is an open invitation. I am so glad you are joining in!! Thank you!

Jennifer, YAY!! Thank you so much for joining in!

Jessi Lynn, Love your name! Thank you for joining in!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  3:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
So Girls, Can we start the first week of October?! Remember, we read one book each month starting with Anne of Green Gables.
And this can be everyones book club. I know I started it but I really need all your help to make this fun!
Let me know if you have any great ideas on how we can do this.
Hugs!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  4:28:38 PM  Show Profile
So do we start reading in October or start reading now?
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  8:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
We start reading in October Megan. :)
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  7:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Hannah!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  9:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Ok Girls, Lets get started reading! How would you like to do this? Would you like to read 2 chapters and then talk about it or read the whole book and then talk about it?
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Sunshine_Sue
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Lunenburg NS
Canada
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  09:07:18 AM  Show Profile
I just wanted to drop by for a minute to say that I haven't started reading Anne yet. On Friday I came down with shingles, the blisters are still popping out and gosh darn it they hurt! My husband is going to get a copy of the book for me today and I'll catch up with you all as soon as I'm feeling up to it.

Wouldn't it be fun if we each share a recipe for one of the things that Anne makes or tastes for the first time? Like home made ice-cream or pudding and sauce (minus the mouse of course ;-)

OK, then. I'm really looking forward to being able to talk about this beloved story.

Take care, everyone.

Sue

Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  5:53:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi
Just started the 1st book last night-read up to chapter 9-"Mrs. Rachael Lynde is properly horrified"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  8:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sue, That is a wonderful idea!! :) Lets do that then!
Please don't worry about not getting started yet. I haven't started either because I didn't know if people were still intrested in doing it or not.
Will get started asap!
Sue, I hope you feel better soon!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Sunshine_Sue
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Lunenburg NS
Canada
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  7:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi, everyone!
I'd like to make a suggestion if I may. Hannah, you asked how we would like to do the discussion. I don't know how others feel, but personally, I would like to read the whole book and discuss it at the end of the month.

I've been makng a list of the foodie things mentioned (so far just in the first four chapters) so we can choose recipes to share.

Crabapple preserves
Chocolate caramels

Has anyone who's read further along than chapter 4 anything to add to the list? Just shout out.

Hannah, will there be a list of questions to stimulate thoughts and conversation during our discussions?

Sue

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  06:43:23 AM  Show Profile
I have started reading the book and would like to have the discussion after we finish. I am enjoying this book-- thanks for getting this started, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  08:04:37 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I think we should talk about the book at the end of the month too.

Sue, I will try and get a list of questions to stimulate thoughts.
thank you soo much for helping me out! Usally at the end of the book their are questions, etc but in this one their isn't. lol So I'm going to try my best.
Hugs!!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  05:26:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! My 9 year old daughter and I are going to be part of this book club together. We love reading chapter books and I am a HUGE Anne fan from when my Mom read it to me when I was 9. I could hardly wait to keep the tradition going. And a book club to share it with..

[

Did I see another 9 year old is reading as well? So cool!

We'll start reading today after lunch, we can catch up quick if the goat kids don't start being born today. We are homeschooling which makes for much more flexiblity in timing things like this!

In friendship,
Rejena and Sydnee

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  1:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rejena and Sydnee, Thank you so much for joining in! This will be so much fun. :)
Hugs!
hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  12:50:37 PM  Show Profile
Is it too late to join this? I plan to head to the library today.

Visit my blog sites:

http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  4:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
No its not to late to sign up Kristina! I'm so glad you are joining us!
Hugs!!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  06:21:00 AM  Show Profile
a bit of inspiration:
Lucy Maud Montgomery
An Autumn Evening

Dark hills against a hollow crocus sky
Scarfed with its crimson pennons, and below
The dome of sunset long, hushed valleys lie
Cradling the twilight, where the lone winds blow
And wake among the harps of leafless trees
Fantastic runes and mournful melodies.

The chilly purple air is threaded through
With silver from the rising moon afar,
And from a gulf of clear, unfathomed blue
In the southwest glimmers a great gold star
Above the darkening druid glens of fir
Where bekoning boughs and elfin voices stir.

And so I wander through the shadows still,
And look and listen with a rapt delight,
Pausing again and yet again at will
To drink the elusive beauty of the night,
Until my soul is filled, as some deep cup,
That with divine enchantment is brimmed up.

Enjoy!
In friendship
Rejena and Sydnee

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"

Edited by - Rejena on Oct 15 2010 06:22:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  06:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh good! I picked up a copy of the first book at our library. Now I just need to find time to read today. Thanks!

Visit my blog sites:

http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  08:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much Rejena and Sydnee! That was beautiful!

I don't know about the rest of you but I am loving this book so far!

So I need a little help here. I am trying to come up with questions to post after we finish the first book and I'm finding it hard to do. So here is what I thought I would do. How about everyone who is doing this book club, e-mail me with a few questions to ask at the end of the book?! For example, Who was your favorite character? Make sence?
Thank you all again so much for joining this book club!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Reading Room: Previous Topic Anne of green gables book club! Sign up! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page