Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 P.S. june 5th .. i turn 65 years old!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic P.S. june 5th .. i turn 65 years old!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  09:31:43 AM  Show Profile
OH LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL .... I JUST FLASHED THE 'TERMINEX' MAN!

o.k. .. here's the story of it .. and i'm stickin' to it!

here i am outside in my t-shirt and skivvies .. plantin' plants ... i come trudgin' across the back-yard sweatin' like a 'ho' in church ... salty sweat pouring down over my eyes so's i cudn't barely hardly see ... so i grabbed a-holt of the bottom of my shirt and pulled it up over my face .. catching a slight breeze as my big left boobie flapped to and fro .. i wiped my face .. dropped my shirt .. and i wuz starin' smack dab into the horror-stricken' face of the terminex man who had come to inspect! well .. he inspected alright!

criminy .. all i could do was bust out laughing! i think about half the men in the state of kentucky have now seen me in some sorta' stage of nekkekdness!

i thought the poor man would drop dead right there in his tracks! NEITHER OF US EVEN ADMITTED TO WHAT HE SAW!

when i was able to utter something even close to intelligible again .. i simply asked: "you the termite inspector?"

i mean reeeeeeeeeeely ... here we live BURIED IN A FOREST AT THE END OF THE ROAD .. TOTALLY PRIVATE AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION .. AND YET .. THE VERY MOMENT ANY MAN HEADS DOWN THAT HILL UNBEKNOWNST TO ME .. I MANAGE TO LET 'EM HAVE IT (with BOTH BARRELS .. if you know whut i mean!)

(remember the preacher man, his elderly father and teenage son catching me in my underoos when i first moved down here? ... and the time i showed up scantily-clad in my leopard-skin tights and t-shirt with my RAW BONES FROZEN ... in the dead of winter in a snowstorm at my neighbor's door cuz' i had locked myself out of my house!)

i'm gonna' get me a 're-pew-ta-shun' down here .. if i haven't already!

... and as the subject sez: keep in mind that: june 5th .. i turn 65 years old!!

now THAT should give you a giggle ...

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  09:48:54 AM  Show Profile
Frannie you're the best...love ya to death!

http://www.daisyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  10:11:52 AM  Show Profile
That is TOO funny! I had SUCH a good "vision" of what happened - Oh, Frannie - you are absolutely too much. I love it!!! - you may have made a permanent impression on that termite man!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  10:29:33 AM  Show Profile
Ha,ha,ha,ha. It is all I can do from busting up laughing here at work. That is just too funny. thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  1:51:50 PM  Show Profile
Sounds to me like your terminix man was a real gentleman. To ignore the obviously embarassing is a true sign of that. God bless him.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  1:58:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie- I am sure that nothing topped that for the Terminex man today!! I bet the next time he comes, it's with his horn announcing his presence from a mile down the road!! You make me laugh so much. I needed that today. I won't forget your birthday- I'm a June gal myself.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  2:06:36 PM  Show Profile
j.p. ... KENTUCKY is a wonderful land of gentlemen and gentlewomen .. but i'm told over and over again .. that they LOVE having a resident 'wild woman' to shake things up a bit from time to time. When Honey Hunk Hank got home .. they laughed about his 'encounter' with me .. and sat on the front porch drinking iced tea and talking for over an hour (mostly about the Boston Red Sox .. terminex guy is a bo-sox fan too!)

I also love how that as i become such good friends with even the 'blue-haired' gentlewomen and gentlemen.. we all start telling stories .. and even the 'straightest-laced' ones have some bawdy tales in their pasts .. some much wilder than even mine!

Had to laugh yesterday when i was in town .. ran into a shoppe to visit a friend .. the preacher man saw me go in .. and followed. He lamented the fact that I will not include him on my "kentucky ramblings" list! Told him i'd have to 'clean up' my langauge now and then .. he just hugged me and told me that even preacher men are real people. God ... how i LOVE this state and it's people! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  2:07:48 PM  Show Profile
Karin .. are you a Gemini? aren't gemini's a lot of fun!!! my honey hunk celebrates his birthday on june 12! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  2:09:51 PM  Show Profile
gurlfrenz .. ya'll are the greatest .. so glad you, too, got a giggle outta' this little funny happenin' here on the farm! hugs, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

twigs
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

tiffany
lacie ky
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  3:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Send twigs an AOL message
OH Frannie darlin, i have laughed and laughed at you, and that poor man sure did get a good eye sight, and hon your 65 yrs worth THEY LOOK GREAT....heck im 36 and mine are floppin to my knees i bet that termite man gave honey hunk hank a discount just for the show, hee hee

had me gigglin, reminded me of the time in your kitchen right after mama had her mastectomy reconstruction and all us ladies were boob flashin, ha ha remember that......oh what memories i have had with you my dear friend....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BY THE WAY.......WELL CELEBRATE ON OUR TRIP TO MISSOURI.......

Frannie you are the extroidinare, the ultimate farm girl in the hills of ky who can work the fields, ruin a crop, but harvest a wonderful bounty of friendships and blessings and heck you can even milk a dang cow iffin you wanted too......its always a delight to hear your farm stories in the hills of kantuck.

twigs

May you be surrounded by the things of olde that make you feel like a treasure!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  3:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,

You're my kinda gal! What a hoot. Have an absolutely wonderful birthday!!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  3:38:12 PM  Show Profile
Frannie- My DH would disagree with you about Geminis being a lot of fun. But I think we are!! It's the "other twin" part of me that gets into trouble all the time- it seems nothing can stay in it's original place or be used for it's original purpose and that makes my family crazy. Hmmm, I wonder if that is a bit intentional on my part!!
I must take after my grandmother on my dad's side- My dad came home from school one afternoon to find Gram hammering away at a post in the kitchen with a sledge hammer. Turns out it was the support post for the upstairs bathroom!! All she wanted was a place to put her breakfast nook! Well, after a lot of work on the part of my dad and his brothers and his dad, she got what she wanted! She was no dummy. She got her dining room stairs fixed by taking off all of the treads. Actually, I am just like her!!!
Have a great time at Disney and a happy birthday to you and Honey Hunk Hank!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  9:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
oh my goodness frannie! i havent laughed out loud at the computer in a long time!!! hahaha...Happy pre-birthday to you! and keep your clothes on for goodness sake!!! haahaha!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  10:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
Frannie, Thanks for the good laugh. I am sure the Terminix man will never be the same. Wonder what it is about a boob popping out that just makes you laugh...even if it's yours. One of my very favorite quotes is from Joan Rivers. When someone asked her what she thought her best feature was, she replied, "My breasts...although now I have to wear open-toed shoes to show them off!"

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
BLOG http://lisa222.blogspot.com WEBSITE http://alittlepartasparta.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  12:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Frannie
That was so funny I nearly fell off my chair laughing!!
I can just see it all!!
ROTFPIMP
shirley
PS Happy B-Day
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  07:28:33 AM  Show Profile
This was way more information than any of us needed to know! I feel sorry for the Terminix man -- he's probably still in shock.

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  08:44:41 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, Frannie, Frannie,
Oh, my goodness, that was good. You paint a great story and make it so vivid. I can just see it happening, like being a fly on the wall. Oh, how funny. I haven't had a good laugh all week, this topped the charts. The funny part is that it was all so innocent and unexpected, but quite natural. Who doesn't do that? Fortunately, most of us don't have a surprise audience. But only you, Frannie, can handle that with such country grace and humor. Your story-telling gifts can make the most out of something the rest of us - I really mean me - would just as soon dismiss and forget it ever happened. You live life the best.

Thanks so much for "perking" up my day and bringing a smile across the miles.

Hey, did Twigs say you are coming to MO? When and Where and how long? I feel celebrity excitment about to erupt. If you don't mind saying, of course.

Happy Early Birthday!!! I don't send that kind of greeting out very often, usually I'm the one keeping Belated Birthday card designers in business, but I wish you all the best and hope you have another year of cherished memories and fabulous adventures. God has blessed you in many ways and given us all a gift through you.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  9:24:20 PM  Show Profile
LOL I laughed real hard at this. sounds like something that would happen to me. oh gracious. LOL
by the way a terrific birthday wishes to you. have fun!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  11:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Frannie, You're such a stitch! I had my one-piece bathing suit drag down in the surf at a church trip to the beach one year...showing all from the waist up. My Sweetie was in front of me trying to demonstrate what I needed to do--to dumbstruck to TELL me. My face is red just thinking about it. We changed churches. ;0 (soonafter, but not because of my indecent display.)
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  11:24:47 AM  Show Profile
And... Happy Birthday! You look a whole lot younger than your age, although there's nothing wrong with 65!

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  1:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh...I have laughed and laughed and laughed. You are sooooo funny. Happy early birthday. Mine is June 15th...We Gemini's are tons of fun. You keep comin with the stories...I just love them.

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  2:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
This was too funny!!! I'm sure you gave the terminix guy a story he can tell for years. I'm so impressed with your ability to handle the situation as you did.
Happy Birthday ,and try to wear some thing besides your "birthday suit"for your special day. LOL :)

Teddie
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  5:20:52 PM  Show Profile
Frannie -
Thanks for all your humor - I love you, without "knowing" you! I forwarded this to my Mom, whom I told you once would love you as you are both so much alike! She doesn't "do" computers, so it'll go through my Dad first, but he'll love the story too! Two of my 3 boys are Gemini's also - one just turned 20, one just turned 12 yesterday. The other has to share the troubles of Cancer with me in July! I sure would love to really meet you some day...
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  5:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I just got back from a slightly stressful "vacation" with my sweetie watching his grandson graduate from high school....(I knew absolutely no one except for my sweetie) so I am on here checking out to see what has been going on while I've been gone. I too almost fell off my chair. And I just had to read it to my sweetie.......we have both had a wonderful chuckle!! wish I could meet you in person, you are truly a wonderful woman!! Thanks for the laugh. Georgette

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  2:49:04 PM  Show Profile
What a hoot, and a picture to boot!! Just got back from a week out west to see my Mom and I had to get caught up in the forums, sure did miss everyone! And miss Frannie, a blessed birthday to you!!!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  9:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Frannie! I just love you and all your stories! You are a regular celebrity around here! I hope you have a very happy birthday tomorrow!

Wishing you 65 more years of fun, friends, and flashing! hehe!

Laura

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic P.S. june 5th .. i turn 65 years old!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page